+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ticking Timebomb: Country Music Now Has 12 Months to Formulate a Post-Radio Plan

Ticking Timebomb: Country Music Now Has 12 Months to Formulate a Post-Radio Plan

So I make no secret that I've been avoiding Country Radio the way I've been avoiding Mafia Hitmen for 10+ years because the content that radio stations put out is just flat out disgusting. I've been relying on mostly the auxilary cable and jack on my car combined with my phone. Also for the record, I don't use Spotify while I'm driving because I like my safety when I'm driving.

Well apparently I'm not alone on listening to Country Radio because the big radio companies right now are bleeding out so much money and in so much debt, that they could go out of business in the next year or so.

I'm going to post the article and see what y'all think on this, and if you want we can bring Garth into the conversation and what it might mean for him in this situation.

http://www.savingcountrymusic.com/ti...st-radio-plan/

These huge station groups will simply have to break up to even stand a chance at survival. Though with iHeartMedia's debt, their future seems pretty dim either way.

I think the future of country radio is going to be small, independently owned stations with a stronger focus on community. That's what a streaming service cannot offer and I believe there is still a market for that.

+ Reply to Thread