+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Getting all these emails from TEAM GARTH

Getting all these emails from TEAM GARTH

Stating WORLD TOUR, (when he announces another city in usa) and where he has no intention of touring the world is starting to irk me a bit.

I dont think he can CLAIM biggest tour in the world, that is a bit disingenuous.

He can CLAIM the biggest tour in NORTH AMERICA, bot not the WORLD.

I got an email also.. It looks like this email may have been sent in error, it's not the usual time or email format and the subject line was "YOUR APPROVAL IS NEEDED - GB World Tour Billings announce approval"

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Stating WORLD TOUR, (when he announces another city in usa) and where he has no intention of touring the world is starting to irk me a bit.

I dont think he can CLAIM biggest tour in the world, that is a bit disingenuous.

He can CLAIM the biggest tour in NORTH AMERICA, bot not the WORLD.
    Actually, he can if the tour ends up ranking in that much cash. For now it's #17 on the list of highest grossing tours of all time (outpacing tours that did hit more countries.) Going by attendance, this tour would rank even higher (top 10 from what I can tell).

Also, take a look at his last world tour. United States, Canada, Ireland and Brazil. It's exactly what this tour was ironed out to be before the Croke Park debacle.

It's pretty rare that a "world tour" for any artist even manages to stop in every continent (even taking Antarctica out of that equation lol.)

Essentially, he's not doing anything differently tour-wise. So...whatever? I guess I just don't buy the strained outrage. This is what it's always been.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sevens View Post
    Actually, he can if the tour ends up ranking in that much cash. For now it's #17 on the list of highest grossing tours of all time (outpacing tours that did hit more countries.) Going by attendance, this tour would rank even higher (top 10 from what I can tell).

Also, take a look at his last world tour. United States, Canada, Ireland and Brazil. It's exactly what this tour was ironed out to be before the Croke Park debacle.

It's pretty rare that a "world tour" for any artist even manages to stop in every continent (even taking Antarctica out of that equation lol.)

Essentially, he's not doing anything differently tour-wise. So...whatever? I guess I just don't buy the strained outrage. This is what it's always been.
    Thing is ,this tour the Brazil show wasnt part of the actual tour it was a one off event for the rodeo thing.

So its just been USA and Canada. (no europe, no asia, no new zealand, no australia)

I still say its extremely disingenuous to call this a world tour.

Its been more of a marketing gimmick, to say "Biggest World Tour" (in terms of attendance) is wrong and misleading.

To say BIGGEST USA/CANADA (in terms of attendance) is accurate and fair.

Ireland was supposed to be part of it at the beginning of course. Here in the U.S. we tend to think the world revolves around us. So to the entertainment industry, it's a world tour.

He's already booked for the Houston Rodeo next Feb. at the beginning of the month and the end of the month. So it doesn't look like he plans on leaving North America any time soon.

It's not the same Garth of the 90s.

Well, I guess based on today's email, it was approved yesterday

+ Reply to Thread