+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Studio G: April 24th

Studio G: April 24th

Im waiting in anticipation.

I have a funny feeling, there will be an announcement today and it will be a good one.

Liar liar garth's pants are on fire.

I turned off studio G about half way thru.
    In terms of the annoucement, he said he was ready to talk about it, but he cant just yet.

This bullsh*t gets old garth.

I will never watch another Studio G again.

So I am relying on the good people of Planet Garth to mention it, if he's going to tour outside of the USA.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 04-24-2017 at 07:21 PM.

I really think his world tour meant Canada and Brazil. Cause if you think about it, it was originally going to start with Ireland. But I bet that was the only place outside of North America he was thinking about. It would be interesting to know what kind of long term plan there was for the tour at the beginning. It seems that he is even more energized now than he was when he started. Who knows. Maybe it's too soon to say he isn't going take to it over seas. But I think he is liking being able to go home during the week and fly back to what ever city he will be playing at on the weekends.

For what it's worth, I just looked, and it seems like the activity has picked up on the Pairc Ui Chaoimh Facebook page, and an opening date of June '17 has been confirmed.

Some of the recent posts are about concerts held 20-30 years ago, saying "were you there?"

There had been a rumour last year that "G" was negotiating to be the refurbished stadium's opening act. I'd say that if there's any chance he's playing over there in '17, he's the opening performer in June, and it will be announced in the next couple of weeks. Perhaps they're still working out seating and ticketing details given the new stadium layout. This would explain his inability to make an announcement yet.

Of course, it could be someone completely different, confirming that he's not likely to appear overseas this summer. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's the former, and your wait is almost over. Intriguingly, with a June stadium opening, we're in that 6-8 week onsale window that Garth loves so much. It would obviously not be a problem for him to sell out 4+ shows in Ireland, regardless of the short window between onsale and show(s).

Unfortunately, there won't be any more stadium concerts here this year. They haven't really fixed the licensing laws. All they did here was change timeframes with certain things in the application. Tickets are still sold as subject to license and it takes months for the whole application. They have to sell tickets first which is backwards and the promoter has to have their application into the council at least 13 weeks before the event. So you're looking at a September concert if anything was to happen and it's just not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    Unfortunately, there won't be any more stadium concerts here this year. They haven't really fixed the licensing laws. All they did here was change timeframes with certain things in the application. Tickets are still sold as subject to license and it takes months for the whole application. They have to sell tickets first which is backwards and the promoter has to have their application into the council at least 13 weeks before the event. So you're looking at a September concert if anything was to happen and it's just not going to happen.
    So those laws apply to Cork too? Obviously that would mean they're not going to open the stadium with a concert(s), which I find surprising.

By the way, it was last July the rumour started that there were negotiations with Garth for shows in June and Adele for some in July. Oh, and the source of it was the Mayor of Cork. Do you think he was on drugs or something? If you are Mayor of a city the size of Cork, should you be going around saying they're attempting to open the venue with concerts, then not follow through? It's bizarre.
    Last edited by SoCalGarthFan; 04-25-2017 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    So those laws apply to Cork too? Obviously that would mean they're not going to open the stadium with a concert(s), which I find surprising.

By the way, it was last July the rumour started that there were negotiations with Garth for shows in June and Adele for some in July. Oh, and the source of it was the Mayor of Cork. Do you think he was on drugs or something? If you are Mayor of a city the size of Cork, should you be going around saying they're attempting to open the venue with concerts, then not follow through? It's bizarre.
    It applies to every concert over 5000 people. I think with Croke Park, the first three concert is different because I have seen tickets where it doesn't state it's subject to license. By law you have to have it printed on the tickets. So I'm not sure if Pairc UI Chaoimh would have a similar set up. But i heard that there isn't a limit on concerts for the new stadium, so as far as i know everything will be subject to license. It's backwards. As for that mayor, he was talking through his hole.

There is still a 3rd Croke Park Gig that has not been announced. It doesn't make sense that it wouldn't be filled by either U2 or Coldplay given the bad press and demand for tickets.

Maybe Garth is going to surprise us all and announce Dublin and Cork Shows.. It's unlikely but not impossible!

I don't remember what the timeframe was between the 2014 Croke Park announcement and the dates that the shows were supposed to happen. The only reason I wonder is because it's generally been Garth's MO to not announce a show until about 6 weeks before. I can't imagine he'd change that pattern for any European shows. So IMO it's possible that he's negotiated deals with a number of venues, but simply won't announce those shows until about 6 weeks before they happen.

I don't see it being related to any international shows because when he teased the announcement, he said if his idols did this, he would be first in line. Of known possibilities, it sounds like either the demo versions of his hits or the GC7 headphones. Otherwise, it may be something we don't know anything about.

Quote Originally Posted by CBooUF View Post
    I don't see it being related to any international shows because when he teased the announcement, he said if his idols did this, he would be first in line. Of known possibilities, it sounds like either the demo versions of his hits or the GC7 headphones. Otherwise, it may be something we don't know anything about.
    I'm 98% sure it's about the demo box.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    the demos box would be nice- heck new garth music of any kind is always nice
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

I think we can safely say it wont be about a pair of head phones.

I dont think it will be a concert either, that would just be announced as normal.

The Demo thing would be pretty amazing, in fact that would blow my mind, but even Garth must know, doing another box set, might not
    be a good idea. (will he release one so close to the reported upcoming LIve album)

Theres always the chance that nothing will be announced and that he will say the idea fall through.

If i HAD to bet though, yeah I would go with the demo thing, which would be brilliant.
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 04-25-2017 at 05:48 PM. Reason: more info

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    The Demo thing would be pretty amazing, in fact that would blow my mind, but even Garth must know, doing another box set, might not
    be a good idea. (will he release one so close to the reported upcoming LIve album)
    Of course he would. Just like Ultimate Collection, Gunslinger and Christmas Together all released around the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sevens View Post
    Of course he would. Just like Ultimate Collection, Gunslinger and Christmas Together all released around the same time.
    So the Demo's gets released in June? And Triple Live in November!

Nah, almost everything since Fresh Horses has been released in November. I wouldn't expect anything this summer. Especially June. If his plan is two releases this year, past behavior suggests they will come out at or near the same time in November. He's a creature of habit, so it's not hard to predict things like release windows.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sevens View Post
    Nah, almost everything since Fresh Horses has been released in November. I wouldn't expect anything this summer. Especially June. If his plan is two releases this year, past behavior suggests they will come out at or near the same time in November. He's a creature of habit, so it's not hard to predict things like release windows.
    Opps sorry your right, I got my seasons wrong. He did say the FALL, didnt he? That would be November.

+ Reply to Thread