+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Online streaming of Garth's music ('unofficially')

In the USA, the best country in the world

Online streaming of Garth's music ('unofficially')

Over the last week or so, I've had reason to think again about Garth music, and streaming online, etc.

My question I guess for the PG 'universe' out there... What are your thoughts on it? I'm not saying I would start streaming Garth's music on a private site/via the net, etc.. just thinking about it

what do you think about it?
    are you ok with it?
    is it something Garth should be allowing?
    Is it illegal?

With the talk about used records again, and the ever present garth digital presence, etc. being out there, and as I said it's come to my mind recently.. what are the PG world's thoughts?

Personally? I thought at one point I was all for it- but I can't say I am anymore... (of course maybe that's cause I have all of Garth's officially released music... don't know..)

thoughts?
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Without the proper distribution rights, it would be wrong to stream someone's music online. With most of Garth's catalog now available on Amazon Music, I see the little point to this. The service is affordable and gives customers access to far more than Garth music.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    good point, Sevens.. though I'm not pers. into the amazon service, from what I understand it is def. affordable.., and legal....
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

I believe people taking cell phone footage and putting it on streaming sites is fine, not one issue with it.

I believe taking rare Garth stuff that he has never released and streaming it is fine (Rare stuff that has never been released is one of the pleasures of music)

In terms of streaming no fences, gunslinger etc etc etc, its probably not the right thing to do.

I wouldn't do it but I really don't care for streaming other than my Sirius app and it's only to pass the time when I have to step away from my desk at work.

At home I prefer to listen to my HQ mp3's or the actual discs but that's just me

I think I do get Garth's music due to having Prime but I don't bother, I have no need.

+ Reply to Thread