+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Studio g april 10th: This is the week of big announcements huge huge!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wimpy77 View Post
    Tours are not planned years in advance. Months yes but not years.
    Sure maybe not years, but an oversea tour is certainely not planned just a few months in advanced.

If he hasnt signed off on Australia and New Zealand yet, there is no way hes coming in December, it just doesnt happen
    that way in this part of the world.

I thought on one of his TV specials they said it's roughly planned out two years in advance. I could be wrong, but they were talking about his brother.

All I know is promoters and such would have it locked it already if he was coming.

They may not announce it until later.

But there is NO WAY that their is still negotiations going on.

Which beggers the question, if he is not coming, why not just announce he is not coming.

I can understand waiting to make a announcement until later if he is coming, but
    if he isnt, he should just say so.

The decision had to be made already.

I completely agree Brett Dale. I know the Ireland concerts were booked a year in advance. I first heard the rumour by someone in the business in summer of 2013 saying Garth will be playing Ireland in 2014. I thought it was rubbish at the time but there could have been some truth in it because he always said when his youngest turned 18. I never knew he would play Ireland first. The original rumour was a tour of Ireland but somehow it changed into 5 nights in Croke Park. My point is the discussions was going on a year in advance. Garth even hinted something in Nov/Dec 2013, something exciting was going to happen before the tour. It was his comeback concerts. That was a good 8 months before the concerts were due to take place. 8 months from now and we'll be into December and his American tour will be over. Talks are over by now. He should be coming out with something by now if there's something planned for after his American tour. But somehow i doubt very much that there will be an international tour. Only a few weeks ago, on studio g he was inviting a Scottish lady over to see him on tour. Nothing about he will come over. I don't think he has the balls to say that there won't be a tour outside of America.

So did everybody enjoy the big announcements this past week?

In the USA, the best country in the world
    honestly? I've forgotten I downloaded it to watch- I may want to go do that

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    So did everybody enjoy the big announcements this past week?
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    honestly? I've forgotten I downloaded it to watch- I may want to go do that
    I'm joking. As far as I know there weren't any.

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    I'm joking. As far as I know there weren't any.
    you weren't he only one joking, etc.

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I love Garth, I really do and I have been very lucky that I have met him on 2 occasions but sometimes it's very difficult being a fan, particularly outside the USA. I know there was a huge debacle with the comeback in Dublin but the fans had no part in it, ultimately they were the ones that suffered most.

The way the tour is structured with the city by city announcements makes it virtually impossible to plan and travel to the US from overseas, all we had to hold onto was the hope that the tour would eventually get to Europe and now that looks unlikely, talk of big announcements that don't happen ultimately leading to nothing, mean fans are left disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by djryan View Post
    I love Garth, I really do and I have been very lucky that I have met him on 2 occasions but sometimes it's very difficult being a fan, particularly outside the USA. I know there was a huge debacle with the comeback in Dublin but the fans had no part in it, ultimately they were the ones that suffered most.

The way the tour is structured with the city by city announcements makes it virtually impossible to plan and travel to the US from overseas, all we had to hold onto was the hope that the tour would eventually get to Europe and now that looks unlikely, talk of big announcements that don't happen ultimately leading to nothing, mean fans are left disappointed.
    Excellent points. It's not so much the hype that bothers me, it's the fake hype. Kinda like what we're experiencing leadership wise right now, but I'll leave that alone.

It's like a little kid who says...."I Got A Secret! I Got A BIG Secret!" Now if he did that, and then said...."But I can't say anything about it yet, so stay tuned," then there is certainly nothing wrong with building up suspense, and keeping folks in anticipation.

But to instead say...."We'll tell you more this week, in the next few days," and then NOTHING AT ALL, is LAME----O!! First he acts like everyone is watching and listening, then it's as if he just blows everybody who listened off, and doesn't even bother having a follow up statement, perhaps explaining that they apologize for promising a series of BIG Announcements, but circumstances beyond their control delayed them.

Here we are approaching the end of the week after some supposed BIG announcements, and still not a peep one way or another.

To be blunt, if he were someone more important, or more followed by the public, this would be a topic of discussion. But he's not, and even most of the fans who follow him, probably don't even know about the G-Live statement, or care much whether he announces something he promised. If he were still relevant, people would be waiting with baited breath, but he's become a nostalgia act, and most of the younger country fans have moved on to other acts, and although perhaps they would go see Garth for $75, they don't care about his year to year BIG goings on.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    Excellent points. It's not so much the hype that bothers me, it's the fake hype. Kinda like what we're experiencing leadership wise right now, but I'll leave that alone.
    actually I think Spud (GarthMedic) is doing a fine job actually...

It's like a little kid who says...."I Got A Secret! I Got A BIG Secret!" Now if he did that, and then said...."But I can't say anything about it yet, so stay tuned," then there is certainly nothing wrong with building up suspense, and keeping folks in anticipation.

But to instead say...."We'll tell you more this week, in the next few days," and then NOTHING AT ALL, is LAME----O!! First he acts like everyone is watching and listening, then it's as if he just blows everybody who listened off, and doesn't even bother having a follow up statement, perhaps explaining that they apologize for promising a series of BIG Announcements, but circumstances beyond their control delayed them.

Here we are approaching the end of the week after some supposed BIG announcements, and still not a peep one way or another.

To be blunt, if he were someone more important, or more followed by the public, this would be a topic of discussion. But he's not, and even most of the fans who follow him, probably don't even know about the G-Live statement, or care much whether he announces something he promised. If he were still relevant, people would be waiting with baited breath, but he's become a nostalgia act, and most of the younger country fans have moved on to other acts, and although perhaps they would go see Garth for $75, they don't care about his year to year BIG goings on.
    was gonna have a smart aleck type of answer- but ya know? your bold parts esp... very true words!

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I hope it's about the Garth headphones he was sending to sound engineers and getting them out to retail.

Wow! Can't believe I haven't seen these pop up before! Would love to get a care as long as the price is right.

it'd be nice to get htem- I'd wager there' $249 at least-you have the headphones, THEn the name attached (maybe at a premium).. IF they're available.. nice headphones but too expensive

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

One thing that would be cool is Blame It On My Roots II, with a disc of his biggest hits' demos and then 2-3 discs of all-new covers.

+ Reply to Thread