+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Studio g april 10th: This is the week of big announcements huge huge!!!!

Studio g april 10th: This is the week of big announcements huge huge!!!!

At the start of studio G today.

Garth said THIS IS THE WEEK OF BIG ANNOUNCEMENTS, HUGE HUGE.

He gave an example and said something along the lines of
    "you see i love james taylor and george strait, if were doing this , this coming this fall, I would be the first to buy tickets"

AND THEN GARTH BROOKS SAID..

"But I cant tell you what it is, but Im so excited, but we will touch on it at the end of this"

He didnt touch on it again during studio G.

So here we have an announcement of a huge announcement by Garth Brooks.

My questions are.

What will it be?
    Will there be a further announcement this week?
    Will it be the biggest thing he has ever done?
    Or will there be no further announcement?

Oh there is no studio G next week, but they might record something.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    At the start of studio G today.

Garth said THIS IS THE WEEK OF BIG ANNOUNCEMENTS, HUGE HUGE.

He gave an example and said something along the lines of
    "you see i love james taylor and george strait, if were doing this , this coming this fall, I would be the first to buy tickets"

AND THEN GARTH BROOKS SAID..

"But I cant tell you what it is, but Im so excited, but we will touch on it at the end of this"

He didnt touch on it again during studio G.

So here we have an announcement of a huge announcement by Garth Brooks.

My questions are.

What will it be?
    Will there be a further announcement this week?
    Will it be the biggest thing he has ever done?
    Or will there be no further announcement?

Oh there is no studio G next week, but they might record something.
    It has to be some sort of show right, since he mentioned "buying tickets."

Maybe another stadium show?

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    It has to be some sort of show right, since he mentioned "buying tickets."

Maybe another stadium show?
    Has to be a show, but of course not just a usual show.

Im going with maybe playing a multi artist show, since he mentioned if James Taylor and George Strait did this, he would be the
    first inline to buy tickets.

No offense here, but he said nothing about buying tickets. He said if James Taylor or George Strait did this he would be the "first in line". That could easily be a release of some sort, not a concert. My guess is this is the demo thing rumored from Country Radio Seminar.

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    No offense here, but he said nothing about buying tickets. He said if James Taylor or George Strait did this he would be the "first in line". That could easily be a release of some sort, not a concert. My guess is this is the demo thing rumored from Country Radio Seminar.
    No offense taken at all. :-)

Okay first in line.

Your not first in line to buy cds though, since music is digital.

The country radio seminar is all over the site that cant be named.

It has to be bigger than CRS?? Was the demo thing, a secret recording he did???

Well considering Garth always focuses on the physical product I think that probably is what he is talking about. He said in an article around CRS time frame that they were considering releasing demo versions of a bunch of his past hits. I think he mentioned some were acoustic or some had different words/verses, but it was songs in their formative stages.

Well considering Garth always focuses on the physical product I think that probably is what he is talking about. He said in an article around CRS time frame that they were considering releasing demo versions of a bunch of his past hits. I think he mentioned some were acoustic or some had different words/verses, but it was songs in their formative stages.
    Wow that actually sounds completely awesome!!! Hope its this!!!

FYI - Last I heard, we're allowed to talk about YouTube now so please share a link. I dont know about the CRS thing.

As far as I know he didn't discuss it during speech but talked about it in an interview around that time. Go to last two paragraphs of this article.
    https://themusicuniverse.com/garth-b...-concert-sxsw/

How about James Taylor, George Strait doing the live version of Friends In Low Places
    'All the way to Tacoma, by then I hope you're out of my mind.'

Obviously I'm just a fan like the rest of you. I have no insider information, but I think you are going to be disappointed if you think this is some big concert. Here is the SXSW press conference where he talked about the demo project and even mentioned James Taylor and George Strait just like Studio G. Go to the 21:40 mark in the video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-QHYRxhPho

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    How about James Taylor, George Strait doing the live version of Friends In Low Places
    something tells me that that would fall really flat- James seems too mellow and 'above' that , and George Strait.. eh.... MAYBE, but I still think Garth respects them too much to have that happen..
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Obviously I'm just a fan like the rest of you. I have no insider information, but I think you are going to be disappointed if you think this is some big concert. Here is the SXSW press conference where he talked about the demo project and even mentioned James Taylor and George Strait just like Studio G. Go to the 21:40 mark in the video.
    good points..

I love the idea of a demos type of project...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Just to add, he did say "announcements" so that means more than one!!

Yep, I think you nailed it.

Yeah, Garth seems to love to exaggerate. "Whole new show" = Same show with minor changes... So let's wait and see before we get all excited.
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

Quote Originally Posted by Lowland_Kid View Post
    Yeah, Garth seems to love to exaggerate. "Whole new show" = Same show with minor changes... So let's wait and see before we get all excited.
    another good point.. Wait and see is a good thing to do w/ Garth and these 'announcements' or 'projects'..

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Lowland_Kid View Post
    "As we look to 2017, I couldn't be more thrilled to have Amazon Music along for the ride on my upcoming tour as we go worldwide." = North America Is The World.

I will say when I saw him in Lubbock, the stage now lights up underneath his feet with different images depending on the song. Like waves on a beach when he sings Two Pina Coladas. But surely that's not what he is talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    i will say when i saw him in lubbock, the stage now lights up underneath his feet with different images depending on the song. Like waves on a beach when he sings two pina coladas. But surely that's not what he is talking about.
    lol! :d
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

So I guess all the BIG ANNOUNCEMENTS are coming on Good Friday?

Well this is also the weekend of Star Wars Celebration 40th. Maybe Garth is going to have a cameo in the upcoming Star Wars: The Last Jedi? That'd be pretty cool. LOL

honestly? that would be BEYOND corny.. to me at least- and I'm a huge star wars nerd...

(dang, it's the star wars celebration this weekend I went to/worked at the very first one, in Denver colorado in 1999.. I was working at KFC at the time. We did (I think) an hour of 10,000 profit from sales.. - VERY busy)....

maybe garth is just getting old and forgot what he was saying re: announcements, etc

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    honestly? that would be BEYOND corny.. to me at least- and I'm a huge star wars nerd...
    It wouldn't be corny if he was a stormtrooper like Daniel Craig did. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBarton View Post
    It wouldn't be corny if he was a stormtrooper like Daniel Craig did. LOL
    yeah it would- Garth doesn't have the body type for a stormtrooper (to me at least)..

honestly, it'd be corny- unless they made him some type of unrecog alien ala John Test in Star Trek The next generation when he played a klingon

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

It would work out, it's not like Disney would do something stupid like put Garth playing in the Mos Eisley cantina. Maybe he could play with Gin Blossoms while in Orlando this weekend too?! I know, he's no where near Florida. lol

I can't believe this conversation is happening hahahaha

If I know one thing, it's that there's no reason to take Garth's word for it when he teases an announcement and when it doesn't happen "on time" they have no one but themselves to blame for falling for it again lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sevens View Post
    If I know one thing, it's that there's no reason to take Garth's word for it when he teases an announcement and when it doesn't happen "on time" .....
    BOOM!!!!!! ----- drop the Mic

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I love Garth to death, but when it comes to announcements, I dont believe one word he says.

Its like all the talk of, "We are in talks to come down to Australia in December, nothing's finalize"

or "We are planning to come down to Australia and New Zealand in December"

Here's the thing, there is no way in hell that he is still in talks, the decision has been made already.

Tours dont work that way, things are planned years in advanced, the logistics of it all has to be worked out.

Every major act that has come to this part of the world, Adele, Bieber, Green Day, countless rappers, The Dixie Chicks, etc etc, havent left it to the last minute.

The tour has always been annouced like a year in advanced, and tickes gone on sale like nine months in advanced, so before that, the artist obviously had signed off, venue booked etc etc etc.

I dont buy the excuse about ticket scalpers, sure he may wait till the last month before the concert to sell tickets to stop scalpers , but he knows way before that if he is coming or not!

Like I said, there is no way that he is still in negotiations to do a concert in December, he knows either way if its happening.

This is 100% unfair to the fans. Dont mind him waiting to sell tickets until a month before the concert, but dont BS and say, we are still deciding if we are coming to New Zealand and Australia this December, thats an outright lie.

Again, Im not the least surprised that he didnt make any more announcements this week.

Studio G is off next week, but returns the week after, I would put money on it there will be no new information on the next studio G.
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 04-14-2017 at 06:40 PM.

Tours are not planned years in advance. Months yes but not years.

+ Reply to Thread