+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Who did Garth Piss off in Philly?

Billy Joel does a monthly thing at Madison Square Garden, maybe he'd do something like that at Bridgestone Arena.

I think we might seem some changes to his stage as he gets older. Like him taking the conveyor belt out of the show while on this tour. But I bet he goes full steam ahead on tour until he just can't do it anymore. That is what he has been saying in all of his interviews. George might of gotten tired, but Willie Nelson is till going in his 80s.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sevens View Post
    HAHAHA. No. I've kept up with Garth stuff too long and seen too many artists announce "final" tours just to come back for more, to believe no more than one second that this is anything but PURE BS. Final tour? Seriously. That's hysterical.
    LOL I have my t-shirt from the KISS FAREWELL Tour of 2000... They've toured in almost early since ...
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sevens View Post
    This would be quite the shock to me as it goes against everything I've ever understood about Garth and his personality. There is no such thing as "job well done" in Garth world.
    There are numbers and records and money opps out there- I doubt he'll just walk away again....

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    I think he will do the Wynn thing again but a different format. Residencies are the big thing in Las Vegas now. He can do concerts without being on the road every night. With the NHL Hockey Team Golden Knights and Now The Las Vegas Raiders in the future, thousands of sports fans will be making road trips to Vegas to see their teams play. They are also working on a soccer team plus you have UNLV athletics, lots and lots on people. Their is talk of the Super Bowl also coming to town after 2022. He can do a concert every night, change up shows, have nice boutique store selling all his music and merchandise.
    Now there's a phrase I didn't think I'd see connected with Garth... "Nice boutique store"

sorry, that just caught me funny...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by wimpy77 View Post
    Garth's getting old age wise. I think he's tired and I can see where he says no big tours anymore but that doesn't mean he'll stop playing. I can see him playing 20 dates a year like Strait.
    not trying to p$$$ some people off here, but seriously? when are we going to get past the "I can see him doing (insert thing here) like Strait (or another artist).. " haven't we learned by now that garth will not do things "like other artists" do? seriously guys...

Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    Billy Joel does a monthly thing at Madison Square Garden, maybe he'd do something like that at Bridgestone Arena.
    see referenced above quote re "like other artists"

The one thing I think (or would hope actually) that Garth would see as a problem for something like bitter's suggesting... is that he'd be alienating (more than he may be right now) the fans who can't afford to travel to that 'location'..

as close as it could be for some, it's out of reach for others...

a scaled back tour? maybe- a year or two off? possibly.. but a residency type of thing? ehh- would be another bad decision by Garth IMO

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

My guess... He becomes a Summer Festival act - where he creates his own festival. He could play 2 cities a month in different stadiums and probably meet the demand in 1/4 of the concerts. I think the number of shows has caught up to him on this tour, and the reduced number of shows may make it worth leaving the comfort of arenas.

The festival could also focus on songwriters and possibly look at expanding Pearl Records (now that it has a full staff) beyond just him.

I wasn't suggesting it, I personally think it's a stupid idea, I was just commenting on the post about his Wynn's shows. I personally think he should keep up with what works. Yes, he needs to change up the songs more and maybe less shows in general.

I think based on some of the comments he's made recently that this is it as far as a full blown tour. I think he'll do the occasional festivals here and there and maybe a few events like the Houston Rodeo or maybe something along the line of Red Rocks.

I have gone to multiple shows since the tour started and it really is the same show every time.
    I do go to concerts to hear the old stuff but when it comes to Garth, I would prefer to hear some of the stuff that wasn't on the charts. Most of the songs I love are the "b side" songs that were never singles and no one (besides real Garth fans) really knows.
    I would love to go to one of his shows and hear Do What You Gotta Do, Don't Cross the River, The Cowboy Song..... I would love a show with the less well known stuff... JMO
    You know failure isn't failure
    If a lesson from it's learned

Quote Originally Posted by garth76 View Post
    I have gone to multiple shows since the tour started and it really is the same show every time.
    I do go to concerts to hear the old stuff but when it comes to Garth, I would prefer to hear some of the stuff that wasn't on the charts. Most of the songs I love are the "b side" songs that were never singles and no one (besides real Garth fans) really knows.
    I would love to go to one of his shows and hear Do What You Gotta Do, Don't Cross the River, The Cowboy Song..... I would love a show with the less well known stuff... JMO
    That'd be a dream for fans of any major artist. Of the biggies, I think only Pearl Jam, Metallica, and Bruce come close to actually fulfilling it.

+ Reply to Thread