+ Reply to Thread

Thread: garth Please put out an acoustic album

garth Please put out an acoustic album

garth please put out an acoustic album

Totally agree. Would love an acoustic album of songs like "Night Riders Lament," "Cowboy Bill," etc.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    would love to hear it. Garth won't do it though.. (at least not currently).. he was asked a similar type of question/comment about this on the 'inside studio G' broadcast last night- by a youngster... he basically referred them to the DVD of the Wynn show... (which I do have broken in to audio, but it's not the same as an acoustic album)

it'd be great though
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

I am hopeful that Triple Live or whatever the new Live project is will contain a CD of just Housekeeping... If not, I struggle with the need for another live project.

it would be extremely nice.. I wouldn't hold my breath on it happening though... still? I can say I agree- w/o something special, the live project is really nothing more than an updated double live...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

He would do very well with an acoustic album. Or is that something more for die hard fans like ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    would love to hear it. Garth won't do it though.. (at least not currently).. he was asked a similar type of question/comment about this on the 'inside studio G' broadcast last night- by a youngster... he basically referred them to the DVD of the Wynn show... (which I do have broken in to audio, but it's not the same as an acoustic album)

it'd be great though
    garth never answered the question , the dvd of the wynn concert is not an acoustic album it is a dvd of an acoustic concert. Their is a demand for an acoustic album.

If memory serves me right and correct me if I am mistaken but when garth was doing the Wynn concerts , I believe he had numerous requests or something to have the songs he was preforming to be in the entirety an album. So I think that is where he or they came up with the idea of the boxed set of Blame It All on My Roots decades of garth inspired music. I think Garth also mentioned in an interview this would take so much time to do, but decided to give it a shot and had a lot of fun doing it.

He could take the same thought and apply it to an acoustic album or maybe I am just nuts and crazy about garth music and will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by garthtacular View Post
    garth never answered the question , the dvd of the wynn concert is not an acoustic album it is a dvd of an acoustic concert. Their is a demand for an acoustic album.
    Where is the demand for an acoustic album? other than anecdotal , personal "I'd like one" type of comments from fans, where is the verifiable demand for an acoustic album? I know very well that the Wynn DVD wasn't an acoustic album... (look at my post- I said I do have it broken into audio, but it's not the same as an acoustic album).. Also, I am quite aware Garth didn't answer the question.. he referred them to the wynn DVD as being the closest they'd get...

If memory serves me right and correct me if I am mistaken but when garth was doing the Wynn concerts , I believe he had numerous requests or something to have the songs he was preforming to be in the entirety an album. So I think that is where he or they came up with the idea of the boxed set of Blame It All on My Roots decades of garth inspired music. I think Garth also mentioned in an interview this would take so much time to do, but decided to give it a shot and had a lot of fun doing it.
    from the various pieced together interviews I've heard from him around that timeframe, yeah it sounds about like that. The influences in their entirety.. thus birthed the box set "Blame it All on My Roots"

He could take the same thought and apply it to an acoustic album or maybe I am just nuts and crazy about garth music and will never happen.
    now, first off i'm just as nuts as anyone about Garth music.. (or I wouldnt' have the collection/fanaticism that I do have) .. But this statement is in many ways the same as others make all the time relating to Garth and how other artists do things...

"Garth Could....."
    "Garth Should"..
    "He Would do....."

we may love the album.. the PG universe as it were, would buy the album no matter what.. there are other die hard fans that would eat the album up too. however,... The vast majority of the country music audience is not the fanatical die hard GB fans like we are.. the vast majority of the record buying public doesn't know the subtle, or emotional differences between Garth's solo/acoustic type of performances, and those that are full band performances.. the vast majority out there knows 'the hits' and not much else.. That's my guess anyway, based on what seems to be the reality of his 'career' right now..

people- Garth will not do things that he 'should'.. or things that he 'would do well' with.. or things that he 'could' do.. Garth will do things that GARTH wants to do. His commentary about 'the people' and how much he loves us, etc... I don't think that outweighs his business/marketing/advertising sense. the "music business" side of Garth knows it wouldn't be profitable. and thus it won't happen..

All the times I hear "Garth could", or "Garth should", or "garth would do well with" type of comments.. they're honestly just our opinions, things that WE THINK would do well. We're not Garth.. or his business side or his 'inner peeps' that know more of the bottom line than we do..

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Actually agree with all of that post

Garth did say that he has the guitar demos to all of his stuff and amazon is the perfect opportunity to make that stuff available ..

I think it's an awesome idea !!!
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    Garth did say that he has the guitar demos to all of his stuff and amazon is the perfect opportunity to make that stuff available ..

I think it's an awesome idea !!!
    Which would basically be an acoustic album... so you folks who want one may get it after all.

I wonder if it would be a download/stream release, or maybe a Prime exclusive...

I would like to see Garth do a series of acoustic albums. I would like a live one but I also would like to see him do all his albums acoustically. That would be so cool to hear No Fences as an acoustic album. :-)

+ Reply to Thread