+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: 2nd Single: Ask Me How I Know

That's awesome to see Chris Gaines in a positive light! I still love that album. It also had physical CD single to help.

I don't know why but I am kinda surprised to see DWYGD on there!

I'm a huge chart watcher and have been most of my life. The reason that single performed so well on the Hot 100 is because it was released as a physical single. The Hot 100 uses a formula that takes into account physical sales and radio play (and now streaming). Clearly the week the song was released it sold well probably because all of us Garthnutts went out and bought it.

If you notice the other Garth singles that hit the Hot 100 are all after 1998. The reason is because it wasn't until that time that the Hot 100 allowed songs to chart on it without a physical single release. Prior to that you won't see any Garth songs, or many country songs, because it wasn't common place in the country market to release physical singles at the time. Of course, not releasing physical singles to the market place boosted album sales.

AMHIK also moved up 3 spots on the Country Songs chart for Billboard. It went from #24 to #21.

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    I'm a huge chart watcher and have been most of my life. The reason that single performed so well on the Hot 100 is because it was released as a physical single. The Hot 100 uses a formula that takes into account physical sales and radio play (and now streaming). Clearly the week the song was released it sold well probably because all of us Garthnutts went out and bought it.

If you notice the other Garth singles that hit the Hot 100 are all after 1998. The reason is because it wasn't until that time that the Hot 100 allowed songs to chart on it without a physical single release. Prior to that you won't see any Garth songs, or many country songs, because it wasn't common place in the country market to release physical singles at the time. Of course, not releasing physical singles to the market place boosted album sales.
    Thanks for the explanation.

Paula

Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

I don't know how Garth did on Mediaplay chart but on Billboard Garth moved up to #9 on Country Airplay chart and #20 on Country Songs moving up a notch on both charts.

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    I don't know how Garth did on Mediaplay chart but on Billboard Garth moved up to #9 on Country Airplay chart and #20 on Country Songs moving up a notch on both charts.
    #7 on Mediabase!

Wow. They are playing AMHIK on Music Choice the radio station on my tv/cable. Pretty cool. I was flipping from country classics and I heard something familiar and stopped. It was Garth and AMHIK. :-) I wonder if the single has helped Gunslinger's sales?

Garth stayed at #9 on the Country Airplay chart. Still top ten. On Country Songs AMHIK moved up 3 spots to #17 from #20. With CMA's Wednesday, maybe AMHIK will get a boost and move up. That would be so cool. I just wish The Gunslinger would get a boost.

#6 on Mediabase

It was #6 on Bob Kingsley's Top 40 Country countdown that is syndicated this morning. So obviously that's based on Meidabase.

Weekly Update....AMHIK moved up 2 spots on Billboards Country Airplay Chart. It is now #7 up from #9. On Country Songs, it moved up a notch to #16.

It...Could...Go...All...The...Way

It's early, but I'm hopeful for some upward movement by the end of the week!

Saw a post on Garth Brooks Believers and it showed Garth in the Top 5 of Mediabase up from 6 last week. Top 5 wow. Can't wait to see where he stands on Billboard charts. He was actually 1 spot ahead of Luke Bryan. I wonder how the tv appearances will help this week.

#4 on Mediabase.

I pause to make a prediction so I don't jinx it, but I'll just say I expect this to peak the week of Nov 26-Dec 2.

I missed GMA this morning. Did he sing AMHIK? I think these shows will help but it has been charting for 34 weeks. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    I missed GMA this morning. Did he sing AMHIK? I think these shows will help but it has been charting for 34 weeks. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    He sang The Dance on this morning's GMA. From what I heard, he also sang two additional songs after GMA went off the air. He is scheduled to perform on GMA again tomorrow; not sure whether one or both of those songs will be included in that performance.

Paula

Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

Up to #5 on Bilboard Country Airplay!

and stayed at #16 on Country Songs....

Wish he did a video for it then it would be #1
    'All the way to Tacoma, by then I hope you're out of my mind.'

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Wish he did a video for it then it would be #1
    A freaking lyric video would suffice in this day & age!

+ Reply to Thread