+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2nd Single: Ask Me How I Know

I personally don't listen to radio much anymore at least not country. I even know one of the dj's and still don't listen. If I get tired of the drone of talk radio I may turn the station but 75% of the time or more, I listen to my cds. I think a while back they had a video showing how country music today all follow the same chords or something. They put together a bunch of songs and it ran together like one song. Every once in awhile a nice song comes along but most of it disappears real quick. Even King George had a single about how they don't play his stuff on the radio. It is radios loss. These singers get a couple hit songs and then disappear. I am happy if Garth releases his music and didn't care about radio. His music will last long after some of these acts out right now. They will be the Pirates of the Mississippi for todays listeners. If they did start playing Garth on the radio, I might start listening again. I think it is funny when you look at the sales charts on Rough Stock, the older artists and more traditional artists seem to sell more copies of their albums. I prefer cds to downloading plus I don't like the way they count on-line albums. Every 10 songs equal an album sale. That seems to be wrong. If I bought or streamed 10 copies of Hello by Adele, does that mean she gets credit for an album? Just not right. Again I hope his single does well but I will continue to buy the album and gift the album.

They do play more Garth now than they used to in my area since he came out of retirement. The young people don't listen to radio either. They are streaming all of their stuff. So, I don't know who radio is trying to reach.

Garth said on Studio G tonight that Ask Me How I Know WILL be in the set list starting in Philly this weekend!

He also teased that there may be a virtual reality video for this song. Yeah, you heard that right. Virtual reality. He wasn't sure if it'll happen though.

So this thing is not supposed to be promoted until next week right? Cause it's no where on the radio right now.

He performed it tonight and sounded great. Brought Mitch Rossell on stage to hear it. Really cool moment.

It's on Facebook if you search "Garth Brooks" and look under the live videos. It's a little over 3 1/2 minutes long.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckStreetCowboy View Post
    He performed it tonight and sounded great. Brought Mitch Rossell on stage to hear it. Really cool moment.

It's on Facebook if you search "Garth Brooks" and look under the live videos. It's a little over 3 1/2 minutes long.
    Can't find it...

In the USA, the best country in the world
    thanks Duckstreet!! GREAT video, and I think I like the song a whole lot better now honestly... after seeing a live performance of it!
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    thanks Duckstreet!! GREAT video, and I think I like the song a whole lot better now honestly... after seeing a live performance of it!
    You're welcome!

If anyone else wants the link to the video, PM me and I'll send it.

Agreed, thanks for the help, Duckstreet. I gotta say, I already liked the song a lot, but it sounds even better live.

There's an incredible HD video on the site that shan't be named. "Garth Brooks Ask Me How I Know (first time played live)"
    Last edited by DuckStreetCowboy; 03-25-2017 at 02:24 AM.

Well the song has exploded on the amazon streaming charts ..

It's number 12 right now !! ( it was number 200+ yesterday )
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

There's an incredible HD video on the site that shan't be named. "Garth Brooks Ask Me How I Know (first time played live)"
    Wow, that IS a great video!

The guy just sings the crap out of anything live. It is like he gets out of his own way when he doesn't overthink it. Great performance. I'd like to see this on an awards show.

Name it. Post it.

Quote Originally Posted by Garthmedic View Post
    Name it. Post it.
    Wha? Really? Wow! That's a change in policy.

We are catering to fans now. If Garth's management doesn't want his videos on Youtube, it is up to them to take them down. We are not promoting, merely sharing Garth stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Garthmedic View Post
    Name it. Post it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqFJMZBuxsA

Garth Brooks - Ask Me How I Know (First Time Played Live) Philadelphia,Pa 3.24.17
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqFJMZBuxsA&t=5s

Actually, if they are reading this site, it will be easier for them to find and flag them

Looks like "Ask Me How I Know" has replaced "Shameless," right?

Quote Originally Posted by jturtels View Post
    Looks like "Ask Me How I Know" has replaced "Shameless," right?
    Seems so.

Btw... here's another great video from last night's debut of the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRgnB-jmMyc

Glad I got to see that before it gets taken down.....anytime now. Thanks for posting the link.

Shameless was moved to the encore.

Quote Originally Posted by CBooUF View Post
    The version I heard on the radio feels like a smoother version that is different than the box set or GhostTunes versions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    Wait, so now there's a third version of this song?
    Has anyone heard this on the radio yet? Is there indeed a third version?

Garth said on Studio G/Sirius XM The Highway tonight that when they first played live on Friday, after the first chorus he saw the audience lift like no time since he first played Unanswered Prayers. What an incredible compliment that is to Mitch and this song. I was surprised to learn that the awesome guitar intro on the studio version is Mitch playing. Mitch spoke about looking around and seeing all of these legends playing around him while recording.

I'm not sure about a third radio version. It sounds like the standard album version to me. I can confirm a new version in concert from this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-9rqZNw6WM&t=4s

Interesting that Garth decided to play (hold) an electric guitar during it. Has he ever played electric on a song besides Callin' Baton Rouge? Also, he changed up the ending by erasing the final "Ask me how I know, cause man I know" and adding more "power" to the finish. Perfect way to end it in concert, imo.

I see on Mediabase today that Garth is the third most added song to radio after the new Tim & Faith duet and a song from Maren Morris.

So after being blown away by the live versions I've heard I have come to the conclusion that it's a great song marred by poor production.

Garth is way too loud on the chorus, the instrumentation gets lost and it comes across as something mixed by an amateur on GarageBand.

Seriously I love Garth's loyalty but it's time to hand Mark Miller his pink slip or at least let him go back to engineering or give him some non existent producing credit but let a true pro take the reins.

But still I hope this hits the top 10, it really is a great song with a passionate vocal regardless of the other shortcomings.

They haven't played it here on the radio at all and there has been no mention of it. I wonder if he should have released this one as the first song of the album when he was promoting it instead of Lay Down and Dance

Quote Originally Posted by CER956 View Post
    So after being blown away by the live versions I've heard I have come to the conclusion that it's a great song marred by poor production.

Garth is way too loud on the chorus, the instrumentation gets lost and it comes across as something mixed by an amateur on GarageBand.

Seriously I love Garth's loyalty but it's time to hand Mark Miller his pink slip or at least let him go back to engineering or give him some non existent producing credit but let a true pro take the reins.

But still I hope this hits the top 10, it really is a great song with a passionate vocal regardless of the other shortcomings.
    This might actually explain why I didn't like the song on the CD at all. But I like it much better now that I have heard it live.
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    They haven't played it here on the radio at all and there has been no mention of it. I wonder if he should have released this one as the first song of the album when he was promoting it instead of Lay Down and Dance
    AMHIK is off to a good start. Up to #47 with a strong bullet after debuting at #75. Radio is a long game. The song is only officially in week 2.

+ Reply to Thread