+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: 2nd Single: Ask Me How I Know

I think they are using Roughstock's numbers. Go to Roughstock.com and check out country albums for the week of...

AMHIK is at #2 on Billboard.

AMHIK is #1 now
    'All the way to Tacoma, by then I hope you're out of my mind.'

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    AMHIK is #1 now
    On the rolling chart, but charts not finalized until Sunday/Monday. We'll celebrate then

I don't know about you guys, but I'm gonna keep an ear out on the Bob Kingsley Countdown this Sunday and see where it ultimately ends up.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but I'm gonna keep an ear out on the Bob Kingsley Countdown this Sunday and see where it ultimately ends up.
    Two quick things

#1 - I don't know if Bob Kingsley uses Mediabase or Billboard these days. I'm sure with a little Google search that could be found out.

#2 - Unless something has changed those countdowns are always a week behind.

Just thought you might want to know that. Don't want you to listen and be angry/disappointed if it is at #2 because it might be if they are a week behind.

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    Two quick things

#1 - I don't know if Bob Kingsley uses Mediabase or Billboard these days. I'm sure with a little Google search that could be found out.

#2 - Unless something has changed those countdowns are always a week behind.

Just thought you might want to know that. Don't want you to listen and be angry/disappointed if it is at #2 because it might be if they are a week behind.

Being a week behind has always frustrated me. I love listening to Bob Kingsley and have submitted Garth stories hoping they will make it under listener requests. Are these shows done so early in the week that they are out date by the time they come out?

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    Being a week behind has always frustrated me. I love listening to Bob Kingsley and have submitted Garth stories hoping they will make it under listener requests. Are these shows done so early in the week that they are out date by the time they come out?
    When I worked in radio in the late 90s/early 2000s they were done about a week early so it was basically a chart week behind. Back then the CDs were mailed to the radio station and you basically played the segments on CD with local commercial breaks in between the segments. I have no idea if they still send them via CD. I would assume that is not the case, but I could be wrong. Back then I assume it was a week behind because they physically mailed them. Today you'd think they could just send via e-mail to the stations.

Good insight rhd13. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sevens View Post
    Out of curiosity, where do those numbers come from?
    The numbers are from roughstock.com, and are based on Soundscan data.

I think, based on the numbers from that site that the total sold copies for Gunslinger is in the area of 761 000+ (82 000+ copies of CT/Gunslinger bundle, 547 000+ copies of TUC and 132 000+ of the stand alone version).

Saw this on Garth Brooks Believers:

This is called "BLOWING UP THE RADIO"

Garth Brooks' hit "Ask Me How I Know" has almost ONE THOUSAND more spins on radio than the current #2 song on the chart. I have never seen this much separation between #1 and #2 before...
    WTG GB and of course Mitch Rossell!

Mediabase has Garth dropping to #6 this week. Let's see how he does on Billboard on Tuesday.

+ Reply to Thread