+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2nd Single: Ask Me How I Know

Notice anything cool about the Album Chart clipping on page 21 inside the Mary Chapin Carpenter article?

I hear AMHIK pretty regularly on free radio. I still crack it up when it comes on!

Top 20!! AMHIK is currently #20 on the mediabase chart with no sign of slowing down. This thing is really building steam. As of today, it has gained 19% more spins vs. this time last week. That 19% is the largest gain of any song in the top 20.

Very Cool!

AMHIK is still charting well. On Country Airplay chart on Billboard, the song moved up to 18 from 21. And on Billboards Hot Country Songs, the song moved up to #27 from #29. I am not sure how it is doing on mediabased chart but the song is doing good on Billboard.

I thought it had stalled out last week, but it appears it has caught its second wind. Back up to #16 right now. Let's hope this second wind lasts and it catches fire to go top 10 in the next month.

AMHIK is still moving up the country charts. On country songs, it moves up to #23 from #27 and on country airplay, it moves up one to #17 from #18.

I'm cautious to say this, but be prepared for a nice little jump this week.

#14 on Billboard country airplay.

Awesome! Top 15!

Moving Up

Quote Originally Posted by DuckStreetCowboy View Post
    #14 on Billboard country airplay.
    AMHIK also moved up one spot on Country Songs from #23 to #22.

AMHIK dropped 2 spots on Country Songs but stayed at 14 on Country Airplay.

Is everyone hearing it on the radio in your market?

Most of the Oklahoma stations have played it consistently. KWEN in Tulsa is the only one that hasn't. I just looked up how much KWEN has played it this weekend. 22 times in two days. So it looks like they're fully on board! Hopefully all of your stations are too. Don't forget to request!

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Hmmm- I can't say for certain that they are playing it on KYGO (the best local country station in the area).

That's partially because I haven't paid much attention the few times I've listened, partially because I've not looked a their website 'play listing' of songs played, and also partially because most of the time I'm not even listening to country radio anymore. The vast majority of what's out there on the airwaves is complete crap and not worth listening to..

Still... lemme look at their website and see if I can say anything about the denver market

Well, they have played it- they last played it 3 hours ago.. it seems that they don't have a daily listing of songs anymore only going back about 4 hours...

that's more than I can say for some of the other songs he's released since the comeback though
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

AMHIK moves up the Billboard charts again this week. On Country Songs, the song moved up 2 spots to #22 from #24. On Country Airplay, the song moves up a notch to #13 from #14. Slow and steady.

By chance, I heard it on my local country station in Salt Lake as I was briefly flipping channels. I say "by chance" because I rarely listen to the radio these days.

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    AMHIK moves up the Billboard charts again this week. On Country Songs, the song moved up 2 spots to #22 from #24. On Country Airplay, the song moves up a notch to #13 from #14. Slow and steady.
    It's kind of crazy how this song is moving!

Latest chart rankings for AMHIK. Well on country songs, the song moved up one spot to #21 from #22. On Country Airplay the song stayed at #13.

Chart updates. Yes, almost a year from album coming out, AMHIK is still charting. This week it moves up to #12 on the Country Airplay chart from #13. On Country Songs it dropped 3 spots to #24 from #21. Been on the charts over 20 weeks.

Top 10!! On Mediabase at least.

#9 on Mediabase and #12 on Billboard airplay. Cool ad in the weekly Billboard country update asking programmers to "power up" the song. Meaning to turn up the amount of spins. "Power up" is one step away from "max"ing. Asking for max spins is used most often when a song is going for #1. Lets hope AMHIK gets that far.

http://www.billboard.com/files/pdfs/...pdate_1016.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by DuckStreetCowboy View Post
    Is everyone hearing it on the radio in your market?

Most of the Oklahoma stations have played it consistently. KWEN in Tulsa is the only one that hasn't. I just looked up how much KWEN has played it this weekend. 22 times in two days. So it looks like they're fully on board! Hopefully all of your stations are too. Don't forget to request!
    I am hearing it all the time in DFW now.

AMHIK also stayed at #24 on Hot Country Songs and as mentioned above, it stayed at #12 on Airplay. This was the records position on both charts last week.

The song is currently number 9 on the mediabase country chart:

http://www.mediabase.com/mmrweb/alla...asp?format=C1R

Hooray! Garths got his first top 10 song since 2007!

Up to #8 on Mediabase and #10 on Billboard this week!

Could it go number 1??!!!

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    Could it go number 1??!!!
    Maybe, but I have my doubts. Radio would have to stick with it likely until December for that to happen and I don't know it's been on the charts awhile.. I won't say it's impossible, but we'll see. I'd be ecstatic to see it go top 5!

I hope it makes it to number 1!

That being said , a top ten is HUGE !!
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

Just got this alert that AMHIK has made the Billboard Top 100 for all genres of music. The criteria for all these charts seem to vary. It's nice to see that AMHIK is on the charts primarily because of radio airplay, according to the last sentence.
    http://headlineplanet.com/home/2017/...board-hot-100/

Paula

Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Just got this alert that AMHIK has made the Billboard Top 100 for all genres of music. The criteria for all these charts seem to vary. It's nice to see that AMHIK is on the charts primarily because of radio airplay, according to the last sentence.
    http://headlineplanet.com/home/2017/...board-hot-100/

Paula
    I'm not a chart watcher, but after confirming the information from the article I just posted with Billboard's site, I decided to look around the various charts. I found some statistics that I found interesting as far as the positions for Garth's songs that made the Hot 100 chart over the years. First, was that chart in existence prior to 1998; and second, look at what song of his ranked highest on that chart.
    http://www.billboard.com/music/garth.../chart-history

Paula

Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

+ Reply to Thread