+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd Single: Ask Me How I Know

Quote Originally Posted by DuckStreetCowboy View Post
    AMHIK is off to a good start. Up to #47 with a strong bullet after debuting at #75. Radio is a long game. The song is only officially in week 2.
    Yes! That is what I like to hear.

I just saw him play it in Lubbock! He rocks it. He really goes low with his voice when singing it. And the crowd loved it. He did seem genuinely nervous introducing new material. But he ended up playing 3 songs from his new album. It felt like seeing him in the 90s when he played his old stuff then mixed in the current single on the radio. We can't write him off yet. He may still have a great second half of his career with new music!!

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    I just saw him play it in Lubbock! He rocks it. He really goes low with his voice when singing it. And the crowd loved it. He did seem genuinely nervous introducing new material. But he ended up playing 3 songs from his new album. It felt like seeing him in the 90s when he played his old stuff then mixed in the current single on the radio. We can't write him off yet. He may still have a great second half of his career with new music!!
    ok, so he did

baby lets lay down and dance
    ask me how I know

what was the 3rd new song he played?
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

He played Whiskey to Wine during the house cleaning portion of the show with Trisha. It was one of the requests from the audience and he was quick to go to it when it was time.
    This was a special type of show compared to the other 6 I've been to since the 90s. The crowd was really into it so he ended up playing much longer at the end then I've seen him play before. He had to tell Jimmy Mattingly to go find Trisha so she could sing it and a couple of other old time duets. And, he was really energized. By this point he had already played a Thurs. and Fri. show and had another one later that night. And his voice was still strong. He was able to sing Ireland without a problem.

I don't see him being done with touring when this tour is over. Hopefully the future possible tours will include more of his future new music

AMHIK is doing really well on the amazon top streamed songs chart .

It's been in the top 10 on the country charts for over a week .
    Its currently number 15 on the all genres chart.
    Last edited by Charles; 04-03-2017 at 11:41 AM.
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

AMHIK is currently at #41 and is likely to get in the top 40 by the end of the week.

Anecdotal, but there's tremendous love for this song on twitter from people hearing it on the radio for the first time. I'd venture to say that I've seen more love for this song than I did for the entire run of BLLDAD. It's message hits people personally.

I am confused. It's not on the top 50 Billboard country chart and they haven't played it on the radio in Dallas at all.

I am confused. It's not on the top 50 Billboard country chart and they haven't played it on the radio in Dallas at all.
    Probably because there are different Billboard charts. You have "Hot Country Songs" which is usually seen as the main chart as it considers digital sales, radio and streaming. You also have the Billboard Radio Airplay chart which is obviously the radio chart. Many country fans focus on this chart still. To confuse matters even worse you have the Mediabase radio chart (was Radio & Records years ago) that tabulates airplay a different way than Billboard. I haven't even mentioned the fact there is a digital sales chart and a streaming songs chart in Billboard as well. Confused yet? Ha!

Long story short, "Ask Me How I Know" has not appeared in the Top 50 of Hot Country Songs. It is, however, sitting on #41 on Billboard's Airplay Chart. Although I haven't checked I'm pretty sure the song is not on the digital sales or streaming chart....but that's a topic for another thread. 😀

That makes sense. There must be some kind of money reason for all the confusion. I am guess then that the radio mostly goes with the Hot Country Songs chart.

That makes sense. There must be some kind of money reason for all the confusion. I am guess then that the radio mostly goes with the Hot Country Songs chart.
    Actually radio doesn't always go along with Hot Country Songs. Sometimes they can be drastically different. When you factor in sales, airplay and streaming compared to just airplay you can see how results could vary a lot. I used to work for a big country station when I was in college and at that time radio was clearly the most important factor in Country success. The Hot Country Songs chart was actually radio based at that time. Now I personally think the hybrid chart is best indicator of what is really happening. I know many disagree and still focus on radio play, but it is clear radio is no longer the only measure of how big a song is.

That is some pretty good info. Does it work the same in the pop world?

I really don't get Garth, the song has the potential to at least hit the top 20, why does he feel the need to pull all live videos.

If he cares so much about the songwriters, create a lyric video and monetize the crap out of it and donate the $$ to the songwriter.

After the single peaks and drops off pull the video, get it together #TeamGarth

That is some pretty good info. Does it work the same in the pop world?
    Pretty much. You have the Hot 100 which is all-genre and incorporates sales, airplay and streaming. There are also charts for each of those individual components and charts for all different genres. There are a lot of charts. Ha! All depends what you are looking at. Me personally I like Hot 100 for Pop and Hot Country Songs for Country.

Hurry up and watch before it gets taken down! Best performance I've seen of it so far and that's saying a lot. Seems like he's hitting his comfort zone with it and the crowd is sounding great with it.
    https://youtu.be/bsWY7UGSdQg

That was a great profromace of it!

Who's the new girl in the wall of sound? Is that Garth's daughter? And is that a tattoo on her right arm?

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    Who's the new girl in the wall of sound? Is that Garth's daughter? And is that a tattoo on her right arm?
    Yup. He introduces her as "Allie Colleen."

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Hurry up and watch before it gets taken down! Best performance I've seen of it so far and that's saying a lot. Seems like he's hitting his comfort zone with it and the crowd is sounding great with it.
    https://youtu.be/bsWY7UGSdQg
    And........................... It's gone
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

I just checked the Billboard Country Charts and see that "Ask Me How I Know" moved up to 35 on the charts from 36 last week. I know it's only been on the charts for 8 weeks now but it's moving up really slow. I thought sure this was a top ten song or even a number 1 song for the matter. I really don't study the charts or know how they work but I guess my question is does this song have a shot to reach the top 10? I've noticed that a lot of the songs in the top 10 have been on the charts for 20+ weeks so I'm hoping it just keeps climbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Inman View Post
    I just checked the Billboard Country Charts and see that "Ask Me How I Know" moved up to 35 on the charts from 36 last week. I know it's only been on the charts for 8 weeks now but it's moving up really slow. I thought sure this was a top ten song or even a number 1 song for the matter. I really don't study the charts or know how they work but I guess my question is does this song have a shot to reach the top 10? I've noticed that a lot of the songs in the top 10 have been on the charts for 20+ weeks so I'm hoping it just keeps climbing.
    Way way way too early to know where it will peak. Songs can sit on the chart for several months before they reach the top. It could still be a top 10. That's not really my opinion, but it's not impossible.

Up to number 32!! It's jumping 2 or 3 spots each week.

I thought I'd check in on our latest singe AMHIK and see how it's doing on the billboard charts

Hot Country Songs #36
    Country Airplay #30
    Country Streaming Not present on the top 25 listed

The Ultimate Hits is listed at #50 on Country Albums. Meanwhile Elivs is at #34 LOL

This probably means there won't be any more singles coming from the Gunslinger album.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBarton View Post
    I thought I'd check in on our latest singe AMHIK and see how it's doing on the billboard charts

Hot Country Songs #36
    Country Airplay #30

The Ultimate Hits is listed at #50 on Country Albums. Meanwhile Elivs is at #34 LOL

This probably means there won't be any more singles coming from the Gunslinger album.
    Gunslinger got killed because of the boxset, and the promotion, he shouldve just released it as a standalone album.

They still haven't played AMHIK in the DFW area at all even though it's a big market for him (and I've sent requests in to both major country radio stations). Just like they never played Mom. What about Weekend? He talked a lot about that in interviews when he was promoting Baby Let's Lay Down and Dance last Nov. from AT&T Statidum.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBarton View Post

Hot Country Songs #36
    Country Airplay #30

How Gunslinger is doing on the charts has nothing to do with singles. It all depends on AMHIK. AMHIK is still slowly moving up the charts and building spins at a rate of about 140 a week. I still expect it to move up into at least the top 20.

It took Dierks Bentley's 'Black' nearly 200 days to go #1. We're on day 85 for AMHIK.

Up to #27 on mediabase. Seems to be getting stronger updates daily. Not to get too confident, but this feels like a sure fire top 20 hit. We can hope it grows into top 10, 5, or heck even 1!

This is anecdotal, but I stumbled across some numbers on Shazam today. For those that don't know, Shazam is the popular app that listens to a song and tells you what the song is. AMHIK already has 140k Shazam looks ups. BLLDAD has 125k Shazams in its much longer history.

Judging by that and the response on twitter, this song gets people's attention. I believe it's the Garth radio hit we've all been waiting for.

It's jumped up 3 spots to 25! That's the biggest jump it's had yet. Seems to be gaining steam.

I caught it back to back flipping through country stations a few days ago...it was awesome!

BIG full page ad in Billboard Country Update sent out to all radio stations. Scroll down to page 5 to see it:
    http://www.billboard.com/files/pdfs/...pdate_0717.pdf

Interesting stuff here. First, it has risen to #22 on the Billboard airplay chart. Secondly, it is testing incredibly well. #1 with males ages 25-34 and #4 with all people ages 25-34. Also, great to see it doing so well on Amazon and Shazam.

Finally, the coolest thing is the 30 second clip of Garth performing it in OKC. Click on the bottom of the ad to check it out!

BIG full page ad in Billboard Country Update sent out to all radio stations. Scroll down to page 5 to see it:
    http://www.billboard.com/files/pdfs/...pdate_0717.pdf

Interesting stuff here. First, it has risen to #22 on the Billboard airplay chart. Secondly, it is testing incredibly well. #1 with males ages 25-34 and #4 with all people ages 25-34. Also, great to see it doing so well on Amazon and Shazam.

Finally, the coolest thing is the 30 second clip of Garth performing it in OKC. Click on the bottom of the ad to check it out!

Can we say this clip will be a great promo for a live dvd???

+ Reply to Thread