+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd Single: Ask Me How I Know

2nd Single: Ask Me How I Know

Pearl Records is running an ad in All Access thanking radio for it's support for BLLDAD and teased the release of the next single: Ask Me How I Know. No word yet on when it will be sent to radio.

BLLDAD peaked at #14. While it's not the result Garth's team wanted, it's impressive that it lasted as long as it did. I expect Ask Me How I Know to be Garth's return to the top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckStreetCowboy View Post
    Pearl Records is running an ad in All Access thanking radio for it's support for BLLDAD and teased the release of the next single: Ask Me How I Know. No word yet on when it will be sent to radio.

BLLDAD peaked at #14. While it's not the result Garth's team wanted, it's impressive that it lasted as long as it did. I expect Ask Me How I Know to be Garth's return to the top 10.
    Well it's definitely an improvement over the last one, especially since I personally liked it while listening to the album. I'm definitely going to do my best to support it.

Yes!!!

Yes! Great choice!

Great choice!!!!
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

I wonder if it will be the Target box set or single album mix.

Quote Originally Posted by coco1997 View Post
    That's my question too.

Quote Originally Posted by coco1997 View Post
    They have been playing the single album mix on SiriusXM - Garth Channel.

I hate to say it, but I doubt AMHIK will crack the top 20

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBarton View Post
    Oh no. This one will make the top 10 if not go to number 1. It sounds most like the Chris Young and Luke Bryan songs that have hit #1 in the past on today's radio.

I think it has great potential. But then again, I love this album whereas, if I remember correctly, you kinda hate it, right?

I don't necessarily hate the album but it's one of my least favorite Garth records but that being said I just don't hear much hit material on this album.

Just my 2 cents, I do hope he gets a hit if only because I'm a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by CER956 View Post
    I don't necessarily hate the album but it's one of my least favorite Garth records but that being said I just don't hear much hit material on this album.

Just my 2 cents, I do hope he gets a hit if only because I'm a fan.
    Which is funny, 'cause I think this album is much more radio friendly than MAM was. But then again, I never listen to the radio, so what do I know! haha

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    Which is funny, 'cause I think this album is much more radio friendly than MAM was. But then again, I never listen to the radio, so what do I know! haha
    I do listen to the radio and I agree with you. I think AMHIK is the most radio friendly song from Garth since More Than a Memory. If it doesn't hit then I think it'll signal that radio is done with G. No pressure

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    I think it has great potential. But then again, I love this album whereas, if I remember correctly, you kinda hate it, right?
    Lol, I don't hate the album. I think it's easily his worst album, which can be better than other Artists best album, lol. I think it's very average though. My reasoning isn't based on how good the song is. I just don't think today's radio wants Garth. I think Mom is a much much better song than PLP, but it didn't chart nearly as well. I hope I'm wrong though.

Lol, I don't hate the album. I think it's easily his worst album, which can be better than other Artists best album, lol. I think it's very average though. My reasoning isn't based on how good the song is. I just don't think today's radio wants Garth. I think Mom is a much much better song than PLP, but it didn't chart nearly as well. I hope I'm wrong though.
    I actually expected Mom to do better than it did, too.

Garth has been posting #AskMeHowIKnow on every social media post today teasing a big announcement on Friday at South by Southwest. He just posted a video on FB and Instagram "As far as South by, down in Austin.. What's gonna go on there? Ha ha. I know, Ask Me How I Know"

Per the post about Garth doing a concert at SXSW, I think we are going to see this single blast to #1 with the timing of his releasing of it then his direct exposure to young music fans. With this and then Weekend being release in the summer, it will be a good radio year for Garth. Radio does want Garth. He just hasn't released the right singles...until now. We shall see

It will go for adds to country radio on March 27th.

The version I heard on the radio feels like a smoother version that is different than the box set or GhostTunes versions.

Should have been Cowboys and friends

Quote Originally Posted by DuckStreetCowboy View Post
    It will go for adds to country radio on March 27th.
    All Access has the adds date now on March 20th, which makes a whole lot more sense!

Quote Originally Posted by CBooUF View Post
    The version I heard on the radio feels like a smoother version that is different than the box set or GhostTunes versions.
    Wait, so now there's a third version of this song?

Quote Originally Posted by RandyZie View Post
    Should have been Cowboys and friends
    Best song on the album but I don't care for the album. I think MAM was alot better and had at least 4 hits but he picked the worst songs to release as singles. They never had a chance. Tacoma or Cd Like That would have been #1s.

I don't think Ask Me How I Know will break the top 15. I'm hoping there is a new single on Triple Live.

Ask Me How I Know has radio written all over it !

I'm hoping radio embraces it .. if twitter is any gauge , looks like a lot of stations are excited about it .
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Pam_NDL View Post
    Best song on the album but I don't care for the album. I think MAM was alot better and had at least 4 hits but he picked the worst songs to release as singles. They never had a chance. Tacoma or Cd Like That would have been #1s.
    Hmm- Cold like that- one of my favorites off of MAM, but I still don't hear country in it.. Maybe I've just been ruined by all the sub par crap that has infected country radio for about a decade or so.. great song though..

Tacoma? ehh- I like it, but I still think it wasn't the 'end song' on the album

Now, Cowboys and Friends? ehh- again, ok song.. not best on the album IMO... but ok...
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Pam_NDL View Post
    I don't think Ask Me How I Know will break the top 15. I'm hoping there is a new single on Triple Live.

I guess I don't pay attention to the charts anymore, but I can say somewhat I agree- it sounds radio friendly, but only to a point..

would love to be wrong, and have it (and Garth again) explode all over the airwaves again- would be exciting- just don't see it happening really, though

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I'm not going to get into predicting where the song will chart (we all know that's largely a political move these days) but I will say I believe Ask Me How I Know is perfect radio material. It'd be a smash if Luke Bryan recorded it. I find it silly to debate the quality of any song in regards to radio, because that simply does not matter.

It all comes down to whether or not radio still trusts the Garth Brooks brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sevens View Post
    ...It all comes down to whether or not radio still trusts the Garth Brooks brand.
    excellent point there Sevens

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

+ Reply to Thread