+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Studio G - Last night

Studio G - Last night

I haven't seen anyone post anything about last night's Studio G. There were a couple of interesting tidbits. The most interesting is he said they are "down to the last 10 or 12 dates on the US tour." The other thing is the 10 year anniversary video of "We Shall Be Free", which has never been seen, will open Studio G next week. He also kept mentioning a version of "In Another's Eyes" with Trisha that they will play next week. I haven't watched the last few weeks so I'm not sure what that one is about. Anyways, I thought some of you might be interested in those tidbits of info.

He mentioned the week before that the In Another Eyes clip was from a concert in the 90s in San Diego where the crowd's response to her appearing in that song was unbelievable and he wanted to share it.

Can't wait to see the updated video for We Shall Be Free !!

The live version of In Another's Eyes he said was a radio single I think ? I think I know what version he's talking about .
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    I haven't seen anyone post anything about last night's Studio G. There were a couple of interesting tidbits. The most interesting is he said they are "down to the last 10 or 12 dates on the US tour."
    That means 6-8 more cities to be announced.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    That means 6-8 more cities to be announced.
    He plays a new city every two weeks. This brings us up to the end of July.

I did hear a rumour last year, from someone in the know that a European tour was due in 2017.

What are the chances? At this late stage, I don't think it will include Ireland because an outdoor gig makes more sense and nothing has been announced, and the concert licensing is often a long process. Unless we get some outdoor gigs in August or early September but that is very very doubtful.

He's mentioned in another Studio G how this American leg of the tour may very well go to the end of 2017. I am sure it all depends on how many shows he has sold out for each city.

That version was released on a promo CD, from Trisha's label back then. The response is amazing and they actually stop everything for I think over a minute in the song!

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    The most interesting is he said they are "down to the last 10 or 12 dates on the US tour."
    I just watched it, and yes, he said 10-12 cities, not dates.

In terms of touring, I try not to read to much into what has been said, so much different information, I guess I just have to wait
    and see if he comes down here.

Is this new version of We Shall be Free, a video also, with Michael J Fox in it? I read years ago that he had done a video with
    Michael J Fox for a updated version of We Shall be Free?

Didn't mean to confuse anyone by using the word "dates" instead of "cities". I thought that was pretty clear since he starts by only announcing one date in each city.

WE SHALL BE FREE.

I cannot wait to see the new video, I remember all those years ago, thinking awesome he's done a new video for we shall be free and michael j fox is going to be in it.

I sincerely hope its worth the wait.

Well its buffering extremly badly, so i will wait till the live studio g is over and then watch the video. Hope its a good one.

That video was great! Definitely gave me some chills and brought tears to my eyes. It couldn't have come at a better time.

WOW AND WOW AND WOW.

Agree totally with Mr Sevens, it couldnt have come at a better time.

This video has to go viral, but I dont think it will, because its only appeared on garths facebook page, put this on youtube, have one mainstream Journo mention it,
    and it will be all over the place.

At the moment because its only on Garth's facebook page, its not even close to trending, it deserves better, the USA needs to see this video, the world needs to see this
    video.

He has to release it.

Good to see the video itself is now on his facebook page. I hope it gets shared like crazy.

If you have a twitter account share or talk about the video with the hashtag #WeShallBeFree

With all the stuff that goes viral in this day and age this is one video that deserves too.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    This video has to go viral, but I dont think it will, because its only appeared on garths facebook page, put this on youtube, have one mainstream Journo mention it,
    and it will be all over the place.

At the moment because its only on Garth's facebook page, its not even close to trending, it deserves better, the USA needs to see this video, the world needs to see this
    video.

He has to release it.
    I wouldn't worry about that at all. Videos can go viral on Facebook just as fast (if not faster). There is no real built-in network or sharing mechanism at YouTube, so they are kinda stuck there.

If it doesn't go viral, it has nothing to do with YouTube. Videos don't need to be there anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sevens View Post
    I wouldn't worry about that at all. Videos can go viral on Facebook just as fast (if not faster). There is no real built-in network or sharing mechanism at YouTube, so they are kinda stuck there.

If it doesn't go viral, it has nothing to do with YouTube. Videos don't need to be there anymore.
    Yep facebook would be better than youtube.

Twitter would be the best though, thats the best way I think.

So if you have a twitter account. Make sure you do a tweet with the hashtag #WeShallBeFree, it has very little traction on twitter at the moment.

Saw People and Rolling Stone both write about the We Shall Be Free video

Anything of interest in Studio G Today?

A woman asked about an acoustic album, but with Hughes Net it paused at the wrong time so I missed most of the answer but he said something about the Vegas shows being acoustic...

Just watched it, he said there is a wynn dvd you can get that has the acoustic stuff.

He also said there will be NEW video of we shall be free!!!, that will use shots of peoples hands with the words written on them. Plus some celebs.

Awesome!!!

He also mentioned something about

he said something about south of southwest?? I didnt quite understand, and a new single coming out on friday???

Did i get that right???

Thanks! That's kinda disappointing to hear about an acoustic album, it'd love to see one personally:-(

I think you are right about the new single Friday, and the Southwest thing is the big South By Southwest music event (SXSW). I'm not too familiar with it but believe it's a large music festival/Conference for all different kinds of music.

Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    I think you are right about the new single Friday, and the Southwest thing is the big South By Southwest music event (SXSW). I'm not too familiar with it but believe it's a large music festival/Conference for all different kinds of music.
    Garth is a keynote speaker at SXSW on Friday.

https://www.sxsw.com/news/2017/sxsw-...-garth-brooks/

This weeks Studio G was the best one they've done yet. Garth surprised Mitch Rossell while he was doing an interview on Sirius XM The Highway. Him and Mitch talked about the song and their friendship on air. It was beautiful to hear.

There were so many genuine moments, I was brought to tears and I'm not a cryer! Definitely check this one out.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckStreetCowboy View Post
    This weeks Studio G was the best one they've done yet. Garth surprised Mitch Rossell while he was doing an interview on Sirius XM The Highway. Him and Mitch talked about the song and their friendship on air. It was beautiful to hear.

There were so many genuine moments, I was brought to tears and I'm not a cryer! Definitely check this one out.
    Awesome!!

Was there any news regarding the world tour or upcoming projects?

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Awesome!!

Was there any news regarding the world tour or upcoming projects?
    Nope. No Ask Garth's either. It was all about Mitch and the song.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckStreetCowboy View Post
    Nope. No Ask Garth's either. It was all about Mitch and the song.
    Thats alright. In fact its kinda sweet i think.

+ Reply to Thread