+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Acm snub?

Acm snub?

So, maybe snub is the wrong word. Was anyone else surprised by Garth's lack of nominations at the ACM announcement this morning? Garth usually sees more love from ACM voters.

Seems to be surprising the reigning CMA ETOY wouldn't even pick up the nomination from the ACM's. Anyone else shocked? Is snub the right word?

Snub is the right word... :/

In the USA, the best country in the world
    My first thought??

The ACM nominations were this morning? huh...

now- looking at the nominations.. I can't say I'm surprised.. look at who was nominated.. . look at 'radio airplay' charts, or digital charts, etc.. that's the type of music that was nominated..

Garth isn't a popular spot with who makes up the awards voting...

"The Academy of Country Music’s membership comprises industry professionals, and they submit one nomination each in the categories of Entertainer of the Year, Male Vocalist of the Year, Female Vocalist of the Year, Vocal Duo of the Year, Vocal Group of the Year, Album of the Year, Single Record of the Year and Vocal Event of the Year. Each ACM member also submits two nominations in the New Artist of the Year category.

Read More: How Does the ACM Awards Voting Work? | http://tasteofcountry.com/how-does-the-acm-awards-voting-work/?trackback=tsmclip"

Is garth really popular anymore with 'industry professionals'?

the entertainer of the year award is fan voted, true.. Look at who was nominated... look at where they play their music.. look at Garth, look at where his music plays..

look at their tours- supporting new releases, etc...

look at Garth's tour- ongoing sure, but honestly? nostalgia... not really NEW....

is it a snub? yes.. . would it be better if Garth was nominated? yes.. but is it surprising that he was snubbed? nope..

it's one awards show to skip this 'season'
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

It's not even just Garth but also Chris Stapleton, say what you guys want about him but I find it just embarrassingly stupid that they would snub him for an EOTY nom even though his album is still selling hot while in the process of releasing a new record and a major tour.

I'll tell you guys I'm definitely not planning to watch this year.

+ Reply to Thread