+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The ultimate collection moves up chart

The ultimate collection moves up chart

The Ultimate Collection boxed set moved up to #5 on this weeks Billboard Country Chart. It was #9 last week. The sale price is helping it stay in the top ten. The Ultimate Hits is still chugging along but dropped 3 spots to #27. So two spots taken in the top 30, not bad. So pondering his next move. Will he release another duet album with Trisha? Will Live Album be a Live album? I think he needs to release something this spring unless he has something planned for Gunslinger (a deluxe version). I was reading an interesting article in the LA Times and it mentioned how Adele used the old fashioned way to sell her 10 million plus for 25 and Beyonce used the music movie and streaming to sell Lemonade. Maybe Garth could straddle the line with a music movie and then go traditional. He always had great videos of his music.

He won't flood the market with a spring release. I don't we will see anything til November when he ends the 2017 tour year with the live album.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    He always had great videos of his music..
    He has *mostly* had great videos of his music...

however.... Garth's own words would tend to lend credence to the "he won't do it" line of thinking- not that he hasn't or couldn't change his mind but

he was the one that said something along the lines of "he wasn't a fan of music videos as he felt it robbed the viewer of their imagination" (or something like that).. (quote from way back on (I think) the original garth brooks video collection VHS)
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

I remember that quote. He also mentioned he wanted to have a video add another dimension to a song. Looking at GS, I don't really see a song he's able to do that. Maybe He Really Loves You somehow...

+ Reply to Thread