+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garth Sings on Don Williams Tribute Album

Garth Sings on Don Williams Tribute Album

A tribute album to Don Williams is scheduled to be released on May 26. Garth sings the last track, Good Ole Boys Like Me. Trisha also sings on the album - Maggie's Dream.

https://themusicuniverse.com/26022-2/

Paula

Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

First off let me just say I'm a proud owner of his two last albums (And So It Goes and Reflections) I thought they both contained very great songs. Second: unless Garth says something on Studio G I imagine they're probably going to use his recording from the Blame It All on My Roots box set and I can't blame them if they did because what's the point of re-recording something that ain't even that old.

I'd be shocked if it wasn't the BIAOMR recording, I think he did the same thing for Merle's tribute record (let them use a recording from those sessions) and I see nothing wrong with it. His recording of GOBLM is fantastic IMO.

Good Ole Boys Like Me is one of my very favorite tracks from the BIAOMR set.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    Second: unless Garth says something on Studio G I imagine they're probably going to use his recording from the Blame It All on My Roots box set and I can't blame them if they did because what's the point of re-recording something that ain't even that old.
    Good point!

Paula

Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

One of my favorites to from the box set!

Love me some Don Williams; probably will get this as funds permit.
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

I've always thought Garth sounds very much like Don Williams. I can picture him singing any DW song.

+ Reply to Thread