+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GUNSLINGER. Will a deluxe version show up now that sales have slowed down?

GUNSLINGER. Will a deluxe version show up now that sales have slowed down?

More thoughts. With Gunslinger seemingly on a downward spiral, do you think we will get a deluxe version of the Target copy of the album to spice up sales? I know there about 500,000 copies of the Target version still out there but for those who may not have a Target or access to the boxed set? Also could he add a couple more songs to entice sales besides Friends in Low Places? A new cover, added songs could spur sales and RIAA and soundscan numbers. I think from numbers before Christmas that it was certified with a million sold as part of the boxed set and then the bundle and standalone sold a bunch. I can see Garth doing something to pad the numbers on this album so it isn't his lowest selling one.

Eh if he does put a DE it'll be a pass from me, save for a handful of tunes this is one of my least favorite GB albums along with Scarecrow and Fresh Horses.

I got it from GhostTunes(RIP) & the Target box, I'm out.

Well I see cuts from Gunslinger as well as the album itself pop up in the Amazon streaming "popular" lists ..

I personally would welcome anything Garth wanted to do ... I really want vinyl !!!!
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

In the USA, the best country in the world
    if he pulls a DE type of thing, it'll have to be different enough from the target version to justify an additional purchase from me. Not to mention, if he were to essentially just release a DE w/ the target songs on it- it's a big screw you to target for their efforts in the promotion of the cd boxed set.

Vinyl? eh- not something I'd be into- honestly, I would have to get another player just to play a vinyl record. honestly it may be a niche find, but it's had its time- move on (IMO)
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

The Target box is now down to $14.98, just saw it tonight. Still a HUGE endcap full of them at each of the two Targets I visited. There will probably be a DE after the tour, with a bonus ep of the whole 2 songs he'll play live.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by GBJR77 View Post
    The Target box is now down to $14.98, just saw it tonight. Still a HUGE endcap full of them at each of the two Targets I visited. There will probably be a DE after the tour, with a bonus ep of the whole 2 songs he'll play live.
    yikes... I think I'll have to go to Target and try to see if I can pick up another, if it's that way here... heck I can always put one away... I can see a 'concert hi lights' type of CD coming out, though it'll still be another faux live album that way.. w/ the insistence on only the hits/ old stuff, none of the album tracks will see the live light of day as it were... kinda a shame- I'd love to hear a full run through Ask me how I know, or He really loves you, or even whiskey to whine (I know it was on the ryman show, I'm not talking THAT one..) .. heck even weekend, from a friday show somewhere.... oh well, can keep dreaming I guess
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

I wish they would put the Boxed Set on sale here. :-) I was at Target today and the two they had left were $29.99. I was looking for a copy of Gunslinger for a friend and I couldn't find one. :-( But whoever stocks the music here does a crappy job. But is what we have since they don't have a record store in this town. LOL.

Damn 15 bucks?! I'll buy a copy to give to a buddy of mine who's a casual fan, he went with me to the concert I saw last year.

+ Reply to Thread