+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New billboard rankings country chart

New billboard rankings country chart

Checked the Billboard rankings for the Country chart. As expected, Christmas Together and the Wal Mart Bundle dropped out of the Top 40. The good news is Gunslinger moved up from #11 to #7. Garth should like that. The Boxed set dropped to #32 but is still selling.

On the Catalog chart, TUH is #5.

The box set may move a few more units - it's on clearance at all our local Target stores here. Huge shelves of them in the clearance area at the 3 stores I visited this past weekend. Marked down to $20.98 at the moment with the giant red clearance sticker on them.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    wow.. Clearance after just only about 2 months out? that's not good.. (but may be worth getting another one, then if it goes clearance here too... just to have something else.... it may be telling of what some people think of it though... hmmm
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

No clearance here as of a couple days ago. I think it sold good here because we have a lot of country stations and people like country music. I saw 4 copies of the boxed set on the end rack and none anywhere that was located in electronics clearance stuff. I may have to pick up an extra copy for the gift closet if the price goes down. I hope it sells well as a clearance item so it will stay on the charts for a tad longer. I am just glad that Gunslinger moved into the Top Ten again. I don't think of the boxed set as a flop. Not a big a seller as in the past but if you compare it to other albums, almost 500,000 copies was pretty good in this day and age. I just hope this live album we may get is raw and just from the concert without a lot of playing around. :-)
    Last edited by gbkubfan; 01-25-2017 at 01:43 AM. Reason: mistake

I called clearance but I didn't think it'd hit that section so soon! I'll have to pop in my local Target to see if I spot any, if it hits $15 bucks I'll buy one as a gift for a buddy of mine who's a causal fan. Or better yet I'll give him my copy of the boxset with a creased Gunslinger cover and keep the new one

Anyone know what the total sales for the boxset is at this point?

Has it at least crossed 500,000 (which is half of the million it seems Target bought)?

In the USA, the best country in the world
    as much as I love Garth, maybe the yikes (from CER's post on 1/25) is deserved? I loved the box set, I like the compilation/culling together of the songs (though some choices were weird).. But maybe fans are somewhat wised up.. They don't want the re-re-re-re-re-retread type of releases. Me? I loved getting to get the new 'stuff' and the exclusive version of Gunslinger (even w/ piss poor packaging) but... not every fan is a die hard fan..

The box set while nicely conceived, MAY have been a blunder in execution..

though, that being said I haven't seen them on clearance at my local target (but in full disclosure mode I've not looked TERRIBLY closely either..)

I'm only hoping that the 'new live album' whenever it comes out will have more of a live album feel. with garth's penchant for mostly singing the 'hits' or 'the old stuff'. it's gonna be honestly a 'new and improved' double live with very few worthwhile add ons.
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

+ Reply to Thread