+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RIAA HAS GARTH AT 148 Millon.

RIAA HAS GARTH AT 148 Millon.

After seeing the mention of boxed set in the boxed set thread, I went to RIAA and saw they updated the totals for albums. Garth was at 148 million while Beatles were at #1 with 178 million. Didn't see individual updates yet but waiting to see if GS adds any more to its total as well as TUH and CT. Would be nice to see him go over 150 million.

Yep every cd in the boxset got certified at 1xp

What I think is interesting is, the boxed set albums were all certified on December 9, 2016 and their wasn't much fanfare. I would have thought putting that info out there might have hyped sales for Christmas. I am not sure who is keeping track of the boxed set sales, but it should be hovering around 500,000 so he needs to sell about 500,000 more to empty the shelves of the product. And why wasn't anything else certified at the time like Gunslinger? I can see waiting for the holidays to be over for Christmas Together for those who buy the music on sale. But he could be adding stickers to Gunslinger saying 2 million copies sold or double platinum etc. Again might have sparked some pre-Christmas buying. Can't wait to hear his announcement about it. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    What I think is interesting is, the boxed set albums were all certified on December 9, 2016 and their wasn't much fanfare. I would have thought putting that info out there might have hyped sales for Christmas. I am not sure who is keeping track of the boxed set sales, but it should be hovering around 500,000 so he needs to sell about 500,000 more to empty the shelves of the product. And why wasn't anything else certified at the time like Gunslinger? I can see waiting for the holidays to be over for Christmas Together for those who buy the music on sale. But he could be adding stickers to Gunslinger saying 2 million copies sold or double platinum etc. Again might have sparked some pre-Christmas buying. Can't wait to hear his announcement about it. :-)
    I think he has yet to scrape 400,000 at last count...I don't doubt he'll hit 500K but unless he hits other shows to promote it (with a $25 dollar at most price tag) the remaining stock will be priced to move in the clearance bin like most of his other sets (BIAOMR and the DVD's were priced really cheap by Walmart mere months after they were released).

Quote Originally Posted by CER956 View Post
    I think he has yet to scrape 400,000 at last count...I don't doubt he'll hit 500K but unless he hits other shows to promote it (with a $25 dollar at most price tag) the remaining stock will be priced to move in the clearance bin like most of his other sets (BIAOMR and the DVD's were priced really cheap by Walmart mere months after they were released).
    Depending on the situation, I may actually get a box as a late Christmas gift for my mother because she was thinking of getting it herself. Might look good for a late gift.

So can we say we will see 1 to 2 more box sets release in the next 5 years to get these easy numbers so he can overtake the Beattles??

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    So can we say we will see 1 to 2 more box sets release in the next 5 years to get these easy numbers so he can overtake the Beattles??
    Hes 30 million behind, so hes going to have say release three boxsets of 10 discs.

If he can shipped one million of each boxset, he gets ten million added to his total.

Im pretty sure, EMI at some point will re certified the beatles collections.

If I was Garth I wouldn't be worried about the 30 million difference yet. He will stay in the ballpark I am sure. But I think his next goal is getting No Fences over the 20 million mark. Double Live is already over that mark at 21. He can reach the mark with No Fences in 3 million copies and he hasn't updated the album in awhile so who knows how close he is. No act can say two 20 million sellers and maybe they will do a black platinum or some other title for albums selling 20 million copies since that is hard to do these days. Plus I read somewhere he was discussing another anniversary edition of No Fences. Probably will add the new version of FILP to spark some sales. I can also see him trying for more Diamond awards. If I was to make a decision, I'd do another boxed set next year. I would do live stuff or whatever he was saying might be in new boxed set. I would throw in the new version of No Fences to pad its numbers. My dream boxed set would be maybe LA or NY concert dics, maybe an outtake disc and No Fences. Sell it for 20 bucks so it fits the parameters of Billboard charting. Viola, 4 million more in sales plus moving No Fences closer to 20 million. JMHO Lots of ways to pad numbers with enough new and old music to choose from.

My dream box set will be a Live one with each disc being his international concerts from 1994. So New Zealand, Australia, England, Scotland, Germany, Ireland, etc etc etc.

Also a DVD from 1994, the real raw unseen stuff, (not just Ireland) I mean in His New Zealand concert he really really funny when talking to the crowd, he used some
    colourful language that showed a different side of him, but it was funny.

Although I think, maybe a live album from this tour is more likely, and I hope he keeps its raw with not a
    lot of studio work done on it.

Maybe after the live album, just do an album a year, no special deals, no editions, just one album a year, a concept album infact.

Next step for Garth must actually be a autobiography. That would be great.
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 01-03-2017 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post

Also a DVD from 1994, the real raw unseen stuff, (not just Ireland) I mean in His New Zealand concert he really really funny when talking to the crowd, he used some colourful language that showed a different side of him, but it was funny.
    I take it he had a couple beers?

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    I take it he had a couple beers?
    Garth doesn't drink
    'All the way to Tacoma, by then I hope you're out of my mind.'

Haha.

The concert was best I have been to, in between songs he was so so funny, his banter with the crowd and his band members had me in stitches.

So the question is: How well would a traditional LIVE album sell? Will it just appeal to Garth fans or would it attract those who have attended a concert and want to relive the experience? I would love to hear a LIVE album from start to finish at a concert with no breaks. Just music and banter. I think it would sell decently. Maybe a 2 or 3 disc LIVE concert set with the No Fences special edition.

So the question is: How well would a traditional LIVE album sell? Will it just appeal to Garth fans or would it attract those who have attended a concert and want to relive the experience? I would love to hear a LIVE album from start to finish at a concert with no breaks. Just music and banter. I think it would sell decently. Maybe a 2 or 3 disc LIVE concert set with the No Fences special edition.
    Hard to say. One of the Garth's largest draws is his live show --- hence, Double Live being certified at 21 million.

So it's possible that a traditional live album would sell well. But then again, Double Live is already in 21 million households,* so maybe most folks would pass on a new live album, especially if it consists of mostly the same songs.

*Okay, I get that it's not actually in 21 million households since many many folks purchased the album multiple times to get the different covers, but still, even if it's really in only 10 million households, my point still rings true.

One thing he could do to boost the numbers of a new live album is to include a free preorder of the album through Ticketmaster and Amazon with every ticket that's purchased this year.

He could also include a discount to anyone who has already purchased a ticket since 2014.
    Last edited by Emerald Isle; 01-05-2017 at 07:11 PM.

Garth doesn't drink
    Garth does in fact drink, mostly domestic beer and wine, in modest amounts. He doesn't drink hard liquor. He doesn't generally drink in public and tries to not be photographed/videoed with a drink other than water in his hand. The exception is his Dr. Pepper commercials and of course subbing for Kathie Lee Gifford on the Today show, where he had a rather large glass of white wine.
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

I think maybe do what Pearl jam did in the 90's, and release an album from every venue from the countries they played in.

Yes leave in all the banter with the crowd, the thing is though thanks to cell phones (on this tour), I think garth maybe more careful at concerts, and the banter now days may be more scripted than it was in the mid 90's.

Again he kinda had this NSFW banter when describing AHTBA, and he always running up to Mike Palmer talking to him, which his mic picked up some words, that wasnt suppose to be picked, but all in good nature.

I remember years ago, over a decade ago, someone had put a ton of AUDIO up from garth concerts from the
    90's, shows from Minnoesta, Chicago, Germany etc etc, (heck him singing we shall be free in Germany blew me away) really really raw stuff. I hope he does something like that.

Do some really really raw footage,
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 01-05-2017 at 10:23 PM.

As I've said before, Bruce Springsteen has been releasing full concert recordings in the past 2 years from a lot of his old tours, including a few where they weren't E-Street Band tours. I even took part in a promotion where I got one of those recordings for free, it was a show he did in Chicago during his restart "The River" tour. From what I've heard, a lot of the venues he recorded in, were considered pretty special performances.

In a way, Garth has the potential to follow the same route to release some old concert recordings, I'm especially interested in a concert that he did where he went 4 hours straight because the audience was just that hungry and was not willing to go home.

+ Reply to Thread