+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Will Garth Pull off #1 Country Album this week?

Will Garth Pull off #1 Country Album this week?

It will be interesting to see if Garth can pull off another week at #1 on the Country Charts. I am not sure if Billboard posts a chart this week with the holiday but if they do, I think he has at least another week at the top. Last minute Christmas gifts, people using their gift cards, after Christmas sales. Plus a lot of times stores will put xmas albums on sale 50% off to clear the racks of Christmas music and if so, will CT sell some more copies? I know I grabbed one last boxed set on Friday. I am hoping Garth does some kind of promotion for Gunslinger not that the holiday is over. But they do need to sell the rest of the boxed sets depending on if they produced 1 million or 500,000 copies. And will Garth push sales with an RIAA announcement of how many GS, CT, Boxed Set and Wally World bundle. Plus TUH seems to be selling quite well. And I remember hearing about a special edition of No Fences. Maybe a version of the Friends in Low Places all stars???? I hope he doesn't wait until November to release something new. Maybe keep the momentum going for what's been released with something semi-new.

Not exactly what you asked, but good news either way, I suppose. http://www.billboard.com/articles/co...-billboard-200

The set was released as a Target exclusive Nov. 11; it has sold 390,000 copies to date.

I would've thought it'd hit 500K by now....if Target agreed to 1 million sets look for this to hit $15-$20 in a few months. I'd buy another one or two to give away NEXT Xmas lol

So Baby, Let's Lay Down and Dance peaked at no. 19 though we all know it's a much better song than that. He said his next single would be a ballad. Do we know which one it will be yet?

I thought it was gonna be "Ask me How I know"

Ask me How I Know is AWESOME! I hope it's that one.

Although...Whiskey to Wine is another solid choice.
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

Probably Whiskey To Wine but I hope it's Ask Me How I Know, it is my favorite on GS.

I want both but Whiskey to Wine seems like it would be too good to not release since it seems like Garth plans to move on after he releases Weekend later in the year.

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    So Baby, Let's Lay Down and Dance peaked at no. 19 though we all know it's a much better song than that. He said his next single would be a ballad. Do we know which one it will be yet?
    BLLDAD is not dead yet. It is hanging tight at #22 on the mediabase chart in its 77th day active. Wanna Be That Song by Brett Eldredge just went #1 after over 200 days on the chart.

To answer your question, he has said Ask Me How I Know will be the single released in February.

That would be awesome! He needs a number 1 single. That's the only thing he hasn't accomplished since coming back.

Latest numbers from Hits Daily Double...
    http://hitsdailydouble.com/sales_plus_streaming

So Garth is #1 Country with the Boxed set with 37,499 sold, #5 with CT with 18,265 sold and probably #7 with Gunslinger with 9,603 sold. I didn't see where TUH was ranked but it doesn't show up on country charts anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    That would be awesome! He needs a number 1 single. That's the only thing he hasn't accomplished since coming back.
    I don't see him having any more number one hits, unless he just happens upon a very special song. I just don't think there are any very special songs on GS.

I sorta agree. Even though I like the album, the only song that I think might be a top ten is Weekend and that is just my opinion. With him streaming now I think he can pull off a More Than A Memory type thing if he plans right. :-)

I had a reality check the other day. I was talking with someone and they said, "you're a Garth Brooks fan, right?" I said yes. She said, "yeah, he's just been gone for so long. I had heard he was going to try and make a comeback."

When I started talking about the world tour and the success of it all, she was stunned. Knew nothing about it, nothing about Gunslinger/MAM/etc. I really think he needs a #1 single soon. As it's been mentioned, I'm nervous that the tour is really more about nostalgia for most people there. Not sure if it would happen again...without some successful new stuff.

...and it IS possible. Paul McCartney has managed to put out good new stuff (not so much recently, but early 2000s), George Strait did it time and time again. That all brings in new fans.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBarton View Post
    I don't see him having any more number one hits, unless he just happens upon a very special song. I just don't think there are any very special songs on GS.
    I don't know. I think Ask Me How You Know sounds more like the hits on the radio you here today from the younger artists than any other song on the album. It may not hit number 1 but maybe it will at least make the top 5.

On this weeks Hits chart, Garth has only one album on top 50 sales. Boxed set is at #35 or #6 Country with over 5,000 sold. Will be interesting to see how long Target has boxed set on the end cap.

+ Reply to Thread