+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garth's Family Dynamics

Garth's Family Dynamics

So, I am watching the latest Studio G and there is a lot of talk with Trisha about his girls and what they do for the holidays. Which brought up some questions about how their family works. Garth always referred to them as "our" girls. Here's what I know from the past and questions I think some of us would have who follow Garth.

The girls were part of their wedding ceremony and he would not have married Trisha without their blessing. They were raised next to Sandy so that they got to see both their mom and dad everyday. So, how much is Sandy still in the picture? I don't question that they probably have contact with her everyday like a normal mother daughter relationship. Do they live with her in Oklahoma when they are not in college and are flown in to spend time with Garth in Nashville? But the last I remember hearing of Sandy was some weird kidnap situation she was a victim in with a guy a lot younger than her. I would forever like to know what Sandy thinks about the whole Garth/Trisha thing from the very beginning (like going back to the 80s). But, that is none of my business.

I wonder if the girls look at Trisha as a mom or as Trisha Yearwood. I am guessing the youngest one was 10 or so when they got married.

And a controversial question. Could Garth be somewhat of a control freak with the dynamics since he is such a public figure and everyone is willing to go along with it. Or, is it really as natural as he says it is in his interviews?

I did find it a little awkward that he didn't embrace the one question about the possibility of him doing a duet with his daughter like he would still like to personally do himself with the old recordings of his mom.

Just some interesting thoughts that went through my mind and I wondered if anyone else has the same.

And oh, I know one of them has a child.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    The middle one has a daughter, if memory serves.. the youngest is a singer (the only one with 'the bug' from what I understand)..

I think he sidestepped the question on Inside studio G a bit because he wants her to be abel to make her own path and not be overshadowed/drawn into his circle of influence, etc.. (i.e. people liking her only because of him type of thing) but that's just me
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Taylor is working on her Master's, August is married and just had a second daughter, Allie is attending Belmont in Nashville and gigging about town. They aren't super close with their mother, but are very close with Garth & Trisha because despite the 'we exchange the babies every night at 6:-00' he fed the press, Garth, and then him & Trisha had primary custody of the girls. Sandy has been in and out of their lives due to her rather chaotic lifestyle and the girls only see her every now and then. And no, I don't know them, but my second cousin is married to their ranch foreman.
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by BLL View Post
    Taylor is working on her Master's, August is married and just had a second daughter, Allie is attending Belmont in Nashville and gigging about town. They aren't super close with their mother, but are very close with Garth & Trisha because despite the 'we exchange the babies every night at 6:-00' he fed the press, Garth, and then him & Trisha had primary custody of the girls. Sandy has been in and out of their lives due to her rather chaotic lifestyle and the girls only see her every now and then. And no, I don't know them, but my second cousin is married to their ranch foreman.
    Barbara, your'e always up to date w/ the 'at home stuff' like this! (thanks for that!!)

Taylor's working on her masters.. what's the degree? (just curious, actually..)

sad that Sandy seems to have 'fallen' as it were so far, but the chaotic lifestyle certainly doesn't lend itself to stability..
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

On the 5/1/17 edition of Studio G, Garth mentioned how Trisha was a presence that the girls needed when they were growing up. So BLL, you are spot on!

+ Reply to Thread