+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: How many cities in the usa left?

Just heard the interview, great question bTW!!.

I honesty think hes not going to tour this part of world, I dont think he will tour australia, he certainly wont come to NewZealand.

Im surprised he talks about the costs being double, Bruce Springsteen came here, Green day is coming, beiber is coming this week, they must have
    huge shows that cost.

Again, he said hes in talks to tour Australia, but beileve me, it sounded more negative than positive.

It also appears that this will be his last tour like this, and when hes older he will do the festivals.

If Garth wont come down to this part of the world, I will be gutted if he doesnt let the public know in time. He should gives fans a chance to think "well I better
    fly to the USA to see him"

Also if he doesnt, he really needs to call this a "North America Tour" not a world tour.

Fingers and toes crossed that he does add New Zealand and Australia in December. If this is not the case, I only hope he will make an annoucement to let people know in time.

I am surprised, because he recently said he would go to Australia, didn't he? Or did I misunderstand. Anyway, I hope he will come your way and I hope he will come to Europe too.
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

Quote Originally Posted by copinark View Post
    Just off the top of my head...

1.Kansas City
    2.Oklahoma City
    3.Nashville
    4. LA
    5.Calgary
    6.Montreal?
    7.?
    8?
    9.?
    10.?
    11?
    12?

Anyone care to add anymore?
    I would guess Indianapolis would be one. For his Cincinnati show, they said last stop for Ohio and Kentucky. For Champaign they said last stop for Illinois. If Indy wasn't going to be a stop, they surely would have tagged Indiana as 'last stop' as well on those shows.

Not be overly self-promotional, but since you guys are talking about it... Here is my question from the press conference where Garth starts talking about the difficulty of touring overseas. Scroll to the bottom of the page for the video. http://talk4two.com/2017/03/garth-br...d-episode-159/
    Matt
    "Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire"-GB

Quote Originally Posted by gbfansince3 View Post
    Not be overly self-promotional, but since you guys are talking about it... Here is my question from the press conference where Garth starts talking about the difficulty of touring overseas. Scroll to the bottom of the page for the video. http://talk4two.com/2017/03/garth-br...d-episode-159/
    That was a great interview you had, Matt! You could tell it was done by a fan and not by most radio people who couldn't come up with an original questions.

Paula

Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

Kansas city has just been announced for May 6. I said it at the beginning of this thread that the arena was free in May.

I just hope he keeps his word on Nashville towards the end of the year. I have my heart set on seeing him there and not sure I can afford it before October. Except the arena has a few weeks free in June. I'm really hoping it's not in June.

End of June would be great for me....

Quote Originally Posted by copinark View Post
    Just off the top of my head...

1.Kansas City
    2.Oklahoma City
    3.Nashville
    4. LA
    5.Calgary
    6.Montreal?
    7.?
    8?
    9.?
    10.?
    11?
    12?

Anyone care to add anymore?
    Indianapolis
    Charlotte/Columbia, SC
    Madison, WI
    Washington D.C.
    Seattle/Vancouver
    Boise
    Toronto
    Norfolk/Virginia Beach

I might could do Columbia if that happens...

He has been near Washington DC a couple of times... but it would still be great if he'd play there!

I'm really hoping for Indianapolis; I can visit family and see Garth!?
    I was checking out the Banker's Life Fieldhouse schedule and they have the weekend of July 7th open. The following weekend, only Saturday and Sunday.
    That would work for my schedule!!
    You know failure isn't failure
    If a lesson from it's learned

I know this has been talked about all throughout this thread, but it seems to me that a couple of things are pretty clear here. If Garth hasn't changed anything and he is doing 20 shows this year then we only have 8 cities that aren't revealed. We know that he has announced or played 9 cities so far this year. Three cities we know that remain are L.A., Oklahoma City and Nashville because he specifically stated those would be at or near the end of the tour. That only leaves 8 cities left. I'd say some of the guesses above are probably going to prove to be accurate.

The other two things that seem to be clear, assuming nothing has changed, is that Nashville is going to be the closing city in November. I know I have heard him mention Nashville is last at least twice with my own ears. Unless I've missed something I don't quite understand where all the speculation is that he could be playing Nashville this summer. He has said Nashville is last and he has said the tour ends in November. Seems pretty straight forward to me. Again, this is assuming nothing has changed. (I know a time or two he has stated they are touring until December which fits with the tour ending in November. I don't see any contradiction there.)

I think that also clearly means there are no international dates this year. Again, I'm not sure why some have speculated there will be because he stated from day one that he would tour North America approximately 3 years. That is exactly what he has done. If international dates happen, and I hope they do for my international friends, it seems pretty clear that won't be until sometime in 2018.

The thing I'm actually disappointed about is this new festival angle he is looking at. I'm not a fan of festivals. In most instances headliners only play 90-120 minutes max. Also setlists are usually very hits oriented. Granted, Garth already does this, but the "house cleaning" segment is a highlight every night. My guess would be that if he does festivals that part will go away.

How many cities left now? Half a dozen??

I was under the impression the festival circuit was something he was looking at for going overseas. What would be cool is if he could do his own like Strait use to do in the 90's.

QUOTE=rhd13;427189]I know this has been talked about all throughout this thread, but it seems to me that a couple of things are pretty clear here. If Garth hasn't changed anything and he is doing 20 shows this year then we only have 8 cities that aren't revealed. We know that he has announced or played 9 cities so far this year. Three cities we know that remain are L.A., Oklahoma City and Nashville because he specifically stated those would be at or near the end of the tour. That only leaves 8 cities left. I'd say some of the guesses above are probably going to prove to be accurate.

The other two things that seem to be clear, assuming nothing has changed, is that Nashville is going to be the closing city in November. I know I have heard him mention Nashville is last at least twice with my own ears. Unless I've missed something I don't quite understand where all the speculation is that he could be playing Nashville this summer. He has said Nashville is last and he has said the tour ends in November. Seems pretty straight forward to me. Again, this is assuming nothing has changed. (I know a time or two he has stated they are touring until December which fits with the tour ending in November. I don't see any contradiction there.)

I think that also clearly means there are no international dates this year. Again, I'm not sure why some have speculated there will be because he stated from day one that he would tour North America approximately 3 years. That is exactly what he has done. If international dates happen, and I hope they do for my international friends, it seems pretty clear that won't be until sometime in 2018.

The thing I'm actually disappointed about is this new festival angle he is looking at. I'm not a fan of festivals. In most instances headliners only play 90-120 minutes max. Also setlists are usually very hits oriented. Granted, Garth already does this, but the "house cleaning" segment is a highlight every night. My guess would be that if he does festivals that part will go away.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by fences2312 View Post
    I was under the impression the festival circuit was something he was looking at for going overseas. What would be cool is if he could do his own like Strait use to do in the 90's.
    I don't think there's any chance of that. Garth seems to be terrified about playing overseas. Perhaps the Ireland debacle has had an impact, but I think it goes beyond that. He really does not appear interested in performing for the fans he does have over there. But he also has no desire to expand his European fan base in general.

He had a highly successful series of dates in England during the 90's, and surely he's still popular enough that he could sell out arena dates if nothing else. To throw up his hands and say that it's so costly, that he can only do festivals, is pathetic. I mean seriously, there are plenty of far less prominent U.S. groups who play in Europe, and without complaining about the expense. Either Garth is subject to some special financial situation, or he's making excuses.

For all the PR damage which resulted from the Irish cancellations, you would think he'd make some effort, even minor, to repair things. Instead, it's almost as if he's willing to live with it, and isn't even concerned with losing more fans by ignoring the situation completely.

+ Reply to Thread