+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How many cities in the usa left?

How many cities in the usa left?

How many cities does Garth have in the usa left? And how many tickets has he sold so far??

His USA tour ends in June right? Then its Europe, Australia and New Zealand?

What cities are left?

From what he has said before I believe they have 20 cities to play in 2017. They have now sold over 5 million tickets. I think Nashville is the last stop on the tour next November. I know this has been discussed previously, but there are some major cities to go still: we know Cincy, Memphis, Edmonton, and then cities like LA, Indianapolis, Philadelphia, KC, Seattle, and Nashville are still patiently waiting for Garth.
    "Just keep taking chances and having fun."

Quote Originally Posted by GarthdaMan View Post
    From what he has said before I believe they have 20 cities to play in 2017. They have now sold over 5 million tickets. I think Nashville is the last stop on the tour next November. I know this has been discussed previously, but there are some major cities to go still: we know Cincy, Memphis, Edmonton, and then cities like LA, Indianapolis, Philadelphia, KC, Seattle, and Nashville are still patiently waiting for Garth.
    OKC is also one of the Final Four (KC, LA, OKC, Nashville) that were played during his retirement.

He said it was 20 cities last July. So anything goes.

Tampa still.

The Bridgestone Arena in Nashville has the whole month of June free next year. What are the chances that he will play then?

Well Albany, NY was just announced so that makes me happy. At LEAST 44 shows for me - until he puts on others for sale

There won't be a Tampa makeup date. He said in interviews for Orlando that he hoped those that had Tampa tickets could make it to the Orlando shows.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    The Bridgestone Arena in Nashville has the whole month of June free next year. What are the chances that he will play then?
    I'm pretty sure Garth said Nashville is last. If there are 20 cities left for 2017 and he keeps his same pace of about 2 cities a month I'd suspect October/November for Nashville.

Less Than 10 U.S. Cities Yet To Be Announced

Garth made his remark that there were about 20 U.S. cities remaining, at the Yankee Stadium shows press conference. Since then, he has played 8 cities, and there are 5 shows still to come, starting with tomorrow in Hawaii. So that's 13 out of perhaps 20, and we know for sure that L.A., K.C. & Nashville are still to come. Seattle is also missing, and I guess that means Vancouver won't get a stop since it's nearby. Did he play there on the last World Tour?

That leaves a whole lot of time open, which is why I would still think Europe is already scheduled for 2017.

After Albany, there won't be any more onsales until at least January 13. If he is planning on going overseas next summer (my guess is May-July), I would expect the announcement around February. That leaves time for 1 or 2 more U.S. dates in late March or early April, before a break and then a summer tour in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by CBooUF View Post
    There won't be a Tampa makeup date. He said in interviews for Orlando that he hoped those that had Tampa tickets could make it to the Orlando shows.
    Well that's a bunch of crap!

SoCalGarthFan, I think the European tour may start in Ireland and July will be the month as a new stadium in Cork is to open then. There are still two free dates in Croke Park and they often have concerts in late July.

This would give him about 6 or 7 more cities on the American leg of the tour.

At the beginning of the tour he mentioned 60 cities. Albany being 59, so what is it 60 or 80?

I think he likes to throw us off.

This should be a good indication of what cities he will do. I haven't had a chance to look at what is already done on this tour but it is very similar to the 96-98 tour:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ga...996%E2%80%9398)

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    Garth made his remark that there were about 20 U.S. cities remaining, at the Yankee Stadium shows press conference. Since then, he has played 8 cities, and there are 5 shows still to come, starting with tomorrow in Hawaii. So that's 13 out of perhaps 20, and we know for sure that L.A., K.C. & Nashville are still to come. Seattle is also missing, and I guess that means Vancouver won't get a stop since it's nearby. Did he play there on the last World Tour?

That leaves a whole lot of time open, which is why I would still think Europe is already scheduled for 2017.

After Albany, there won't be any more onsales until at least January 13. If he is planning on going overseas next summer (my guess is May-July), I would expect the announcement around February. That leaves time for 1 or 2 more U.S. dates in late March or early April, before a break and then a summer tour in Europe.
    I did not see the Yankee Stadium press conference so I don't know the exact context. Even in this thread one poster seemed to indicate he said there were 20 cities for 2017 and others seem to suggest he meant 20 cities from that point in July. Like I said, I didn't see it so I don't know. If you are correct then I guess it is totally possible it ends in June so that stretch at Bridgestone Arena in June could be the end.

Wait did he announce Nashville in June?

Quote Originally Posted by patszzz0915 View Post
    Wait did he announce Nashville in June?
    No everything in here is just speculation. Educated speculation, but speculation none the less

On Studio G he said Cincinnati will be the first of the last 20 cities of the North American leg.
    If thats true by playing two cities a month there wont be any european tour this year.

Quote Originally Posted by 18hundert48 View Post
    On Studio G he said Cincinnati will be the first of the last 20 cities of the North American leg.
    If thats true by playing two cities a month there wont be any european tour this year.
    Cool! Thanks for telling me where the quote came from. I was positive I had heard Garth say there were 20 cities in 2017 but I started to doubt myself with all these people talking about a European tour. Like I said, I think this means Nashville (closing city) somewhere around October/November at his current pace.

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    Cool! Thanks for telling me where the quote came from. I was positive I had heard Garth say there were 20 cities in 2017 but I started to doubt myself with all these people talking about a European tour. Like I said, I think this means Nashville (closing city) somewhere around October/November at his current pace.
    There have been some contradictions in what he has said at various times. About a year ago, he said there would only be 60 cities on the North American leg but he may come back to America after he explored other places in the world. He said at the New York press conference that there were 20 cities left and then said said recently on Studio G that Cincinnati was the first of the last 20 cities, bearing in mind if there 20 cities left, this leg would be much longer than any of the others. He has repeatedly mentioned Australia, he said in another Studio G that they would be heading to that part of the word in Winter 2017 and has also mentioned Europe and particularly Ireland. So who knows!!!

Quote Originally Posted by djryan View Post
    There have been some contradictions in what he has said at various times. About a year ago, he said there would only be 60 cities on the North American leg but he may come back to America after he explored other places in the world. He said at the New York press conference that there were 20 cities left and then said said recently on Studio G that Cincinnati was the first of the last 20 cities, bearing in mind if there 20 cities left, this leg would be much longer than any of the others. He has repeatedly mentioned Australia, he said in another Studio G that they would be heading to that part of the word in Winter 2017 and has also mentioned Europe and particularly Ireland. So who knows!!!
    I think we'll know one way or another in the next 10 weeks. I thought that originally the plan was for 60 U.S. cities and a 3 year tour. I assume that also included Europe, which would mean Europe dates upcoming.

Early on, around the beginning of 2015, I recall Garth saying that there were more U.S. cities than they expected, and the tour might run into 2018. I would think that when originally mapped out, they expected the U.S. to wrap at around the 60 city mark, and Albany is 59. If they had planned the tour out, they would have planned for Europe in 2017.

There were rumours that he was playing the revamped stadium in Cork next June. It makes sense they will want to make a splash with their re-opening after 2 years, and some sold out Garth shows would do that.

But this tour has really not shown any pattern, and nothing has really leaked out early, so we'll just have to wait and see in a few weeks.

I think if Ireland is planned for next summer it could be announced in the first 3 weeks of January before he starts his tour again at the end of January. Gives him time to do any radio interviews like he did the last time.

I think it's looking likely that he will play Ireland next summer.

There has been some very strong rumours that big acts were to play Croke Park next summer. Guns n Roses was one such rumour, and Justin Bieber as well. They have announced their tour already and none of them are playing Croke Park. So there are two free dates still left. Two nights in Croke Park makes sense for Garth Brooks. That would be 160,000 tickets. Two nights in Cork, Kilkenny and Belfast can easily have him selling 400,000 tickets again.

Garth has repeatedly said that the North American leg of the World Tour would run through 2017. Anything is possible, but I think he will be staying here for all of 2017 and then going overseas.

Paula

Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Garth has repeatedly said that the North American leg of the World Tour would run through 2017. Anything is possible, but I think he will be staying here for all of 2017 and then going overseas.

Paula
    I'm wondering where all the additional cities are in the U.S. that he still has left to play. If he's going to fill out a schedule for the whole summer and then the fall, that's still another 10-15 cities at least this year.

I suppose he could play in Australia to start 2018, but then he would have to take a break, unless he plans to play indoors in Europe, because it will not be outdoor concert weather there until April or May.

I feel sorry for the European Garth fans who have waited patiently, so hopefully they get something soon.

I'm hoping make up dates for Tampa are part of those 20ish cities.

Someone here posted that Tampa was not going to be made up. Which sucks because there are alot of people on the west coast of FL that would want to see him that could come in from I-75 but couldn't make it all the way to Orlando. I hope he does do a make up show!

Here's a quote from the recent press release about the Amazon release of his entire catalog. I think it portends good news for overseas fans.

“I hope my fans will enjoy this surprise holiday gift,” stated the 2016 CMA Entertainer of the Year, Garth Brooks. “As we look to 2017, I couldn’t be more thrilled to have Amazon Music along for the ride on my upcoming tour as we go worldwide.”

Oh goody

That made my day and Christmas.

So maybe a few Stadium Shows in ireland in Late july / August and then an Arena Tour in Europe. There wont be any other Stadium concerts because they were too big for him overhere. After that he is heading to Australia.
    That would be my Christmas wish lol
    Happy Holidays to all of you

+ Reply to Thread