+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So was Studio G all about the Promotion of a boxset?

So was Studio G all about the Promotion of a boxset?

So at the start, it appeared to be about the new album and the work that goes into
    that new album and how its created with a few surprises along the way.

Would it be fair to say, from day one, what they really wanted to do, was to build a
    big audience, all leading to the boxset, so they could sell around 250-300K of a ten
    disc box set for his RIAA numbers?

In the USA, the best country in the world
    garth didn't get a degree in advertising for nothing, or an MBA for just anything. I can't say for certain, but it wouldn't' surprise me if the sub-theme if nothing else was all a new way of promoting/advertising the box set upcoming..
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Even if that was the only reason, I say so what? The live videos have been fun, informative, and something different. If the whole thing was just one big interactive commercial, then so be it, and where do I sign up for the next one?

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    Even if that was the only reason, I say so what? The live videos have been fun, informative, and something different. If the whole thing was just one big interactive commercial, then so be it, and where do I sign up for the next one?
    I agree with you! The reality is almost everything any recording artist does is for promotion of something. Whether it be promoting a new album, new single, concert date/tour, or some product there is always a reason for the move in helping to further their career. In fairness, we shouldn't expect anything different because they are running their business and I have no problem with that.

For years a lot of people complained on here, including me, that Garth didn't embrace technology. Although he hasn't fully embraced selling digital singles or streaming he HAS embraced Facebook and Twitter. I honestly never thought that would happen so I'm cool with it no matter what the reason is behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    don't know that anyone was complaining about it necessarily, jus bringing up the possibility- heck I've loved seeing Garth's accessibility, even if the "questions" asked to him are the same ones always asked- meaning, let's get some real questions asked.. some real interactions there.. Yet, it's been real fun to watch... (and yes, I have all the episodes saved off of FB
    )

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I believe everything he does is about marketing. I'd like to say it's all about the fans, but I just don't think so anymore. I have no doubt that the fans play a big part of his decisions, but I think marketing is the number one deal for him regarding everything.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBarton View Post
    I believe everything he does is about marketing. I'd like to say it's all about the fans, but I just don't think so anymore. I have no doubt that the fans play a big part of his decisions, but I think marketing is the number one deal for him regarding everything.
    yep!

"Timba, His eyes open...." (to use a star trek reference)

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBarton View Post
    I don't know if I buy that. For some reason, it just doesn't sit right with me. I do agree that marketing & RIAA numbers seem to drive a lot of his motivations and decisions, but if fans were 100% secondary to him and his commercial goals, then I think the box would have been $35 instead of $30 so it could have charted. He would just play 1-2 shows per city and would charge $200 per ticket. He would never do 2 shows a day. There would never be a housekeeping portion of the shows. He wouldn't put so much effort into making as many personal connections during shows as he does. And he also wouldn't care so much about remembering the names of those who ask him questions on Inside Studio G.

I dunno, I'm no Garth apologist and I have certainly done my fair share of criticizing him and many of his marketing decisions (I'm looking at you, Limited Series II and Lost Sessions releases), but your implication that his fans are always 100% secondary to his selfish marketing ploys and desires just doesn't jive with me for some reason. It seems that if that were the case, he wouldn't go out of his way to do as many of the cool things for the fans that he does, and he would do a lot more of the not so great things that other artists do, and everything he did would be a lot more expensive. If you are right though, and it is all about marketing first and fans a far distant second, then like I said in the other thread, the result is that he fakes it really well and we all get more stuff for way cheap, so whatever. Bring it on 'cause it's a win-win.
    Last edited by Emerald Isle; 12-06-2016 at 07:56 PM.

So, any rumors of there being some Studio Gs at all? He left it as if there would be before xmas.

It is coming back next Monday according to Hashtag.

+ Reply to Thread