+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Garth brooks and Trishia Yerarwood

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    california
    Posts
    380

    Garth brooks and Trishia Yerarwood

    I think both Garth Brooks and Trishia Yearwood should be nominated for entertainer of the year together.

    They are both touring together, they both are collaborating on the same album

    They both have a relatively new album
    they are both hell of entertianers together
    If Trishia wasn't touring with garth ,would garth be as popular?
    If garth wasn't touring with trishia, would trishia be as popular?
    What would the show be like without trishia?
    Trishia needs credit also

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by garthtacular View Post

    If Trisha wasn't touring with garth ,would garth be as popular?
    If garth wasn't touring with trisha, would trisha be as popular?
    Nothing against Trisha, I lover her to death and that was before marrying Mr. Country Music.

    To answer the first question: Yes

    To answer the second question: No

    Sorry to say it, but it's true.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    In the USA, the best country in the world
    Posts
    7,785
    hmm....
    Quote Originally Posted by garthtacular View Post
    I think both Garth Brooks and Trishia Yearwood should be nominated for entertainer of the year together.

    They are both touring together, they both are collaborating on the same album

    They both have a relatively new album
    they are both hell of entertianers together
    If Trishia wasn't touring with garth ,would garth be as popular?
    If garth wasn't touring with trishia, would trishia be as popular?
    What would the show be like without trishia?
    Trishia needs credit also
    First Question: Yes (probably)
    Second Question: No.. Garth gives TY a rub, no doubt..

    That's w/o personal likes/dislikes involved. Ty's a great singer in her own right- but even as Mrs Garth Brooks (or he as Mr. Trisha Yearwood), she's not in his league as an entertainer, or nearly as popular.. IMO
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

    I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

    My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

  4. #4
    She doesn't have nearly the same following as GB.

    But vocally she's in a league all by herself and this is coming from a big GB fan and someone who's NOT a fan of Trisha even though I am floored by her vocals when I hear them.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    In the USA, the best country in the world
    Posts
    7,785
    Quote Originally Posted by CER956 View Post
    She doesn't have nearly the same following as GB.

    But vocally she's in a league all by herself and this is coming from a big GB fan and someone who's NOT a fan of Trisha even though I am floored by her vocals when I hear them.
    We'll have to agree to disagree with that just a tiny bit there CER..

    I agree, she doesn't have the same following as garth- not many do really... but 'in a league of her own'? I don't think so- She's a great singer, but (well again it's opinion) she's no Reba, or others.. though in fairness, I don't find a LOT of standout female voices in country music. she may be a leader, but not 'in a league of her own' to me at least
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

    I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

    My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Just south of nowhere
    Posts
    1,657
    Eh, Reba? I'll pass. Martina and Trisha had the best voices coming out of the 90s for sure. Not as many hits or big tours. So the question is, are we talking success wise or talent wise?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    In the USA, the best country in the world
    Posts
    7,785
    Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    Eh, Reba? I'll pass. Martina and Trisha had the best voices coming out of the 90s for sure. Not as many hits or big tours. So the question is, are we talking success wise or talent wise?
    I'll give you Martina.... will beg to differ on Reba vs Trisha...
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

    I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

    My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Just south of nowhere
    Posts
    1,657
    Trisha has that voice that can pull you in sometimes, like The Song Remembers When that stand out above alot of other female singers. Granted some of her song selection in the past have not been so epic.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    In the USA, the best country in the world
    Posts
    7,785
    Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    Trisha has that voice that can pull you in sometimes, like The Song Remembers When that stand out above alot of other female singers. Granted some of her song selection in the past have not been so epic.
    I agree, some of her songs pull you in (that's honestly the only reason I don't MIND listening to her).. Walkway Joe is a favorite of mine... I don't know why nec. but I do like XXX's and OOO's.. unfortunately for me at least, a few good songs don't make her stand out above the rest.. Heck, Terri Clark had a few good songs.. Pam Tillis had a few.. Suzy Boggus too... they're not top rate either..

    it's all preference though...
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

    I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

    My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

  10. #10
    I'm not surpri0sed to be in the minority but Reba's voice always annoyed me to the point that'd go into Kramer like seizures (when he'd hear Mary Hart) when I hear Reba.

    But hey to each their own

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    1,534
    I feel exactly the same! REALLY really can't stand her voice! It is so ... harsh... I actually feel the same about Karyn Rochelle's voice. Really NOT my kinda voice. I wished she would only do the songwriting. But ... like you said... to each their own.

    I DO love Trisha's voice. But as mentioned before, the songs... often not my taste.

    Quote Originally Posted by CER956 View Post
    I'm not surpri0sed to be in the minority but Reba's voice always annoyed me to the point that'd go into Kramer like seizures (when he'd hear Mary Hart) when I hear Reba.

    But hey to each their own
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    In the USA, the best country in the world
    Posts
    7,785
    Ya see, I'm def. different- I don't mind Reba's voice.. I am not a huge fan of TY's voice at all. don't know if I'd say either is seizure inducing..

    (though honestly I can agree somewhat with not really liking Karyn Rochelle's voice.. honestly- she's a good songwriter- but at least where I saw her at the shows in Denver? she wasn't good as a performer....)
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

    I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

    My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts