+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Friends In Low Places 25 th

Friends In Low Places 25 th

I think the new version of Friends In Low Places could make vocal collaboration of the year. Even though it is a Target exclusive couldn't they release it as a single?

Does a song need to be a single to be nominated for a collaboration award?

Could an exclusive song to only one type of retailer become a single?

Maybe at a country music awards show the all star line up could preform the song, which would be interesting or cool. It might be a big highlight.

Quote Originally Posted by garthtacular View Post
    I think the new version of Friends In Low Places could make vocal collaboration of the year. Even though it is a Target exclusive couldn't they release it as a single?

Does a song need to be a single to be nominated for a collaboration award?

Could an exclusive song to only one type of retailer become a single?

Maybe at a country music awards show the all star line up could preform the song, which would be interesting or cool. It might be a big highlight.
    I'm not sure what the qualification are for it to be considered for those awards. That being said, it seems to have fell flat for most of us hardcore fans.

I think one requirement for winning an award like that is that it has to be... good. This was a disappointment.

I do not like this version of FILP at all.
    It should not get any kind of awards. And I'm disappointed that he has FLA-GA Line on it. They are the definition of bad bro country.
    You know failure isn't failure
    If a lesson from it's learned

It was horrible just no other way to say it. I don't understand what they were thinking with it? I would have rather had a new song then this

There's such a thing as good bro country?

But yeah this should've been just Garth, George and Keith's guitar solo.

Those other barnacles were not needed.

Lol lots of salt in here. The new version is fine. No one sounds bad on it, people are just projecting their opinions of the artists onto the song. It's not like they recorded it as a bro-country song. It's still pure old country.

Idk, FGL gets that whiny voice in part of it, that's not the song is about.

I'm not sure why it came to mind, but on the way home from work, I remembered Justin Timberlake covering GB, and thought I'd rather have him on it.

I can handle Jason Alden on it with King George.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by mdewater View Post
    I think one requirement for winning an award like that is that it has to be... good. This was a disappointment.
    Wow- I was gonna say something similar, but you said it best!
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by CER956 View Post
    There's such a thing as good bro country?
    You're right. There is no good bro country!
    You know failure isn't failure
    If a lesson from it's learned

I dunno. I don't "hate" FGL. Not a big fan, but I don't hate their stuff. That being said, if I didn't know the history of the other performers on the song, I think I would have rather enjoyed the re-make.

--spud--

Quote Originally Posted by Garthmedic View Post
    I dunno. I don't "hate" FGL. Not a big fan, but I don't hate their stuff. That being said, if I didn't know the history of the other performers on the song, I think I would have rather enjoyed the re-make.

--spud--
    so, ya didn't enjoy the remake?

I see what your'e saying- I don't hate FGL either, though I don't really consider myself a fan.. I think that may be an issue w/ me too. I've tried to listen to Jason Aldean, he has yet to 'hook me' with anything he's played. FGL- same thing.. have heard a bit of them, but other than maybe 1 song (which escapes me title wise at the moment) not huge fan.. I'm not a big fan of Keith Urban either (and the guitar to me seems way overdone on this remake). Now , George Strait? seems to strain himself singing a bit on this remake, but at least at the beginning? man, it's a classic sound and promises something great in a duet! (or at least, as it turns out, something that could be good or should have been good)...

FILP would have been better done with some of Garth's heroes/influences in the country world (minus the fact that some of them have passed).. I understand WHY the new acts are there. .. to bridge to the new 'era' as it were fan wise.. I just think the song falls way short of the mark there

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post

I see what your'e saying- I don't hate FGL either, though I don't really consider myself a fan.. I think that may be an issue w/ me too. I've tried to listen to Jason Aldean, he has yet to 'hook me' with anything he's played. FGL- same thing.. have heard a bit of them, but other than maybe 1 song (which escapes me title wise at the moment) not huge fan.. I'm not a big fan of Keith Urban either (and the guitar to me seems way overdone on this remake). Now , George Strait? seems to strain himself singing a bit on this remake, but at least at the beginning? man, it's a classic sound and promises something great in a duet! (or at least, as it turns out, something that could be good or should have been good)...

FILP would have been better done with some of Garth's heroes/influences in the country world (minus the fact that some of them have passed).. I understand WHY the new acts are there. .. to bridge to the new 'era' as it were fan wise.. I just think the song falls way short of the mark there
    Agree with this 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post

This +1000

For me it has nothing to do with FGL or bro country. I don't mind FGL or Jason Aldean so not that. It is just a dumb ideal and I don't get the point of it. I would rather have a new song then this. Just a huge swing and miss for me

I like it but I would've liked to hear a little more Garth. I am also an Aldean fan and Garth likes his music too. Tyler Hubbard of FGL has such an annoying voice. Tim McGraw should've sang on it.....marking four generations of country music biggest male artists. And they could have sang the third verse and sang kiss my yeah instead of a**.

If they ever do a televised all star tribute to Garth, I can see him singing Friends as the fanale with everyone else who participated...and when he gets to the third verse, Tim, Toby, Luke and Blake sing it.

I just wasn't impressed with this version. Not good or bad, actually just boring. I can't wait for regular Gunslinger to come out so I don't have to hear this version. I like all the singers but not on this song.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven75407 View Post
    And they could have sang the third verse and sang kiss my yeah instead of a**.
    Although if memory serves, didn't garth mention on inside studio G (or somewhere else) how the 3rd verse is a live thing... so it's not going to be included on a studio recording... even if they modified the verse a tiny bit

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

+ Reply to Thread