+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Perspective of a young fan

Perspective of a young fan

Hello all. I have been reading this forum for 11 years now. I'm not sure what took so long to join in, but here I am. Just wanted to share a bit of my story.

I am now 23 years old. I found Garth's music in 2005, when my mom passed away. I was 12. Garth's music helped me tremendously with her passing. I was sad when I was told then Garth was no longer active. At 12 years old, that sucked to hear.

Luckily in 2007, I was able to see Garth for the first time in KC. Was such an amazing night. Garth's music meant so much to me, and for him to be in the same building as me was amazing.

As a young fan, I wanted to thank everyone here. Reading the forums throughout the years, it helped me keep updated on what was happening. I check this forum every night to read what everyone thinks above current events.

I am proud to say that, at 23 years old, I've been to a total of 4 Garth shows and hope to keep them counting. KC, Chicago, Omaha and Des Moines. I have every album of his, and with the exception of Gunslinger, I know every word to every one of his songs. I hope someday I get to meet Garth and thank him for being who he is. In a world full of hatred, he taught me that everything will be alright if we love one another. I also want to thank him and his music for saving my life. It got me through a lot of depression in high school, and still today as an adult.

Thanks again guys, and I can't wait to start conversing with everyone about the excitement on Planet Garth!

Thank you for sharing your story with us! I'm really glad you were able to find Garth's music at a time when you needed it most. We're really glad to have you here.

Great post!

Oh to be 23 again!

Thank you! It's really great to be here. I hope I'm able to provide some insight on a younger fans perspective. I know a lot of you have been riding for awhile with Garth. I'm hoping he gives me that opportunity!

Welcome to PG! I'm going to move this over to the Welcome Forum where we encourage all new members to introduce themselves!

Paula

Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Welcome welcome!! (man- 23? that means you were born when I was graduating college roughly.. (or almost)
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

I was born in 1993! Thanks for the welcome

You're ahead of me by around 5+ years, I was actually born a month before Garth's first album was released (1989) but from accounts of my family, I didn't get formally introduced to Garth until the first TV special This is Garth Brooks and I was actually at my grandparents house when they taped it on the VCR (yes I remember the VCR's people). But ever since then, he had me at hello and I've stuck by him through the good times and bad. I've since extended my tastes to Texas Country and Springsteen Rock along with my trinity of Garth, Strait, and Yearwood.

+ Reply to Thread