+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cincinnati the last stop already?

Cincinnati the last stop already?

Just got the mail... Will Cincinnati be the last stop in the USA already? Should I get extremely excited because Garth will really come to Europe in 2017?!
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

I read it 3 times and I took it as the last chance for people in that area to see him - 2017 will be his last year in America for a while (per the press release):

LAST STOP FOR OHIO & KENTUCKY FANS

GARTH KICKS OFF LAST YEAR OF NORTH AMERICAN DATES

LOS ANGELES- November 10th, 2016- If you live in Ohio or Kentucky, your last chance to see The Garth Brooks World Tour with Trisha Yearwood presented by Amazon Music Unlimited will be in Cincinnati, OH. The concert will be Saturday, January 28th, 7:00 PM at U.S. Bank Arena

In the USA, the best country in the world
    good question(s).. the email I got about Cincy did say 'this may be your last chance'
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

On Twitter it says "Last stop for Ohio & Kentucky Fans!"
    He always spoke from the last leg having 20 cities left, so there will be another 10 cities I think before the US / Canada Tour is over.

According to the Facebook post on his page, this show "kicks off last year of North American dates."

Paula

Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

Okay, thanks!

In the USA, the best country in the world
    ahh... wish he'd come back to denver but that prob.s a long shot for this tour
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Yeah I really don't see him repeating any cities that he's already played this tour.

I'm slightly surprised to see Cincinnati on the tour, after having already stopped in Lexington, Louisville, and Columbus - all cities within 100 miles of Cincy. I figured Indy would be the next stop in this general region. Makes me wonder if Indy gets a stop later this year or not?

I'm tempted but being in January and 3 1/2 hours away, I can't take a chance of getting snowed in.

On Studio G he said Cincinnati will be the First of the Last 20 cities of the North American leg.
    If thats true by playing two cities a month there wont be any european tour this year.

In 2017 i mean

Yeah. In the beginning of the tour it was said that he wouldn't tour Europe until 2018 (not counting Dublin at that stage). So yeah... I guess that is true then. I will definitely come over to the USA in 2017 time to see him there again. And then I hope he will come to Europe in 2018. It doesn't even matter that much that it will be later than we hoped. As long as he DOES come over!!

He said it was the last 20 cities back in September. Yeah, I'm thinking there won't be any European tour next year. I'm with Lowland_Kid. I'll probably make a trip over to the USA sometime in 2017. I need my Garth fix.

Quote Originally Posted by jb2sprint View Post
    I'm slightly surprised to see Cincinnati on the tour, after having already stopped in Lexington, Louisville, and Columbus - all cities within 100 miles of Cincy. I figured Indy would be the next stop in this general region. Makes me wonder if Indy gets a stop later this year or not?
    I am still hoping and praying for Indy. It's a hike for most Hoosiers to go to Cincinnati....
    You know failure isn't failure
    If a lesson from it's learned

Garth has added another show in Cincinnati for the Saturday before the current sold-out shows. Tickets go on sale Thursday, December 1, at 10am Central time.

Paula

Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

Garth said on Studio G that a song from Gunslinger will be the new opener starting in Cincy. I'd expect it to be Pure Adrenaline, but I think it'd be sweet if it was Honkytonk Somewhere. The acapella beginning of the song lends itself well to Garth's favoritism of acapella concert openers.

Any chance OKC gets a stop on this tour? I was able to go to Tulsa and Wichita and was hoping to get to see him at Chesapeake arena in OKC as well. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Garth has added another show in Cincinnati for the Saturday before the current sold-out shows. Tickets go on sale Thursday, December 1, at 10am Central time.

Paula
    I love that Stub Hub already has tickets for sale for the Jan 21st Show and one of the Memphis shows when tickets haven't even gone on sale. Any wonder people have trouble getting tickets when majority of them are already spoken for before the tickets even go on sale.

+ Reply to Thread