+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: B-Sides, Live and Rarities

In the USA, the best country in the world
    def agree.. That alternative version was really cool- gave a whole new feel to the dance
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Garthmedic View Post
    Crazy Duck stuff was INCREDIBLE!
    Was there more than one song/video from crazy duck productions?

hmm- It's been a while- I don't know if I remember more than the alternate Dance version specifically..

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    Does anyone have Did I Open My Eyes (Just in Time to See Her Go) and would they be willing to share it.
    PM your e-mail and I'll send it to you

Can someone share a copy of Wild Horses in HQ Mp3?

Does anyone have Did I Open My Eyes (Just in Time to See Her Go) and would they be willing to share it.
    I've never even heard of this song. When/what is it from?

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    I've never even heard of this song. When/what is it from?
    It's a demo Garth recorded in his days as a professional paid demo singer.

Garth should do a pearl jam and released CD's from concerts from selected cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Garth should do a pearl jam and released CD's from concerts from selected cities.
    I agree with you 100%, but he recently was asked about why he will never do it in one of his Facebook Live thingys. He simply said there are so many imperfections, mistakes, etc. in any given show, that he would NEVER want those performances released as is. He said a show sounds great when you're there at the concert, but if you listen back to the tapes afterward, all the mistakes become much more blatantly obvious.

Personally, I would PREFER live recordings that haven't been "fixed." And knowing that I was listening to the show I attended, I personally wouldn't care one iota about any mistakes or imperfections in the performances. In fact, I would probably come to cherish those details as they would make that particular show unique. Unfortunately, Garth doesn't see it that way, and will never release a recording of himself that isn't "perfect" in his view.

I agree with you 100%, but he recently was asked about why he will never do it in one of his Facebook Live thingys. He simply said there are so many imperfections, mistakes, etc. in any given show, that he would NEVER want those performances released as is. He said a show sounds great when you're there at the concert, but if you listen back to the tapes afterward, all the mistakes become much more blatantly obvious.

Personally, I would PREFER live recordings that haven't been "fixed." And knowing that I was listening to the show I attended, I personally wouldn't care one iota about any mistakes or imperfections in the performances. In fact, I would probably come to cherish those details as they would make that particular show unique. Unfortunately, Garth doesn't see it that way, and will never release a recording of himself that isn't "perfect" in his view.
    Well I hope Triple live isnt cleaned up. Have to say the thrill of a live album is the imperfections in it, the mistakes, the banter with the crowd between songs, the uniqueness of each city/country and how their people cheer and sing in each concert.

I remember reading somewhere with DOUBLE LIVE, that he actually took Crowd Cheering from One song and mixed it in with another song from another city, because the crowd or himself wasnt quite right on the night for that particualr song.

Again I prefer just the rawness of a real live album and the feel of it, and still hope there is not a lot of studio work going to be done to triple live.

That's why Garth hasn't done a live album- he's put out a collection of live versions... but not a live album- the fun is in the go between, the banter w/ the audience, and the imperfections...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Triple Live or whatever it ends up being called will almost certainly be cleaned up, sterilized, etc.

Heck, he even cleaned up the Yankee Stadium show in the studio before it aired

Triple Live or whatever it ends up being called will almost certainly be cleaned up, sterilized, etc.

Heck, he even cleaned up the Yankee Stadium show in the studio before it aired
    I kinda have hope that Garth will want to try something different than Double Live, and not just adding a disc.

I guess it depends on who's in his ear.

I kinda have hope that Garth will want to try something different than Double Live, and not just adding a disc.

I guess it depends on who's in his ear.
    Well, given his very recent statements on the matter, I think we're getting Double Live Part Deux. So I wouldn't get your hopes up much.

At the very least, I hope the new live album plays, even if artificially, as a complete live show, meaning no fade outs and fade ins between songs, keeping the general song order as it was played in the shows, etc.

I'd love to hear Did I Open My Eyes (Just in Time to See Her Go). I have heard demo's of the song "Leon" and "He's Setting You Up For A Fall".

Was there more than one song/video from crazy duck productions?
    There was quite a few, they put some stuff up on youtube, but were asked to take it down. They also use to have
    a few videos of Garth on their webpage at the time that was also taken down.

Real rare footage, they had their cameras at floor level, it was from the early/mid 90's of course, but it really really showed the
    crowd going crazy and captured what he was like in the 90's. I was gutted they took those videos down.

There was quite a few, they put some stuff up on youtube, but were asked to take it down. They also use to have
    a few videos of Garth on their webpage at the time that was also taken down.

Real rare footage, they had their cameras at floor level, it was from the early/mid 90's of course, but it really really showed the
    crowd going crazy and captured what he was like in the 90's. I was gutted they took those videos down.
    Was anyone able to save them?

Was anyone able to save them?
    I guess not, Ive searched and searched, I think it was days before savetube.

Surly there must be stuff like this floating around on lesser known sites.

I think "The Road" inside The Ultimate Collection could be considered a second live album. Not sure why he thinks we need another audio live album with pretty much the same songs. A box set of the Ryman show, Yankee Stadium, Vegas and anything else he'd like to include is more warranted to me. I'd even love to get the Coast To Coast To Coast shows on DVD.

I guess not, Ive searched and searched, I think it was days before savetube.

Surly there must be stuff like this floating around on lesser known sites.
    The only thing I found was the rock version of the dance.

The only thing I found was the rock version of the dance.
    I think (could be wrong) some of the footage they did were from the video of "Ain't going down" Not the texas stadium one, but the
    footage from venues around the world. (or maybe that was the dreamchasers that did that, and not crazy duck.

I found a video from Farm aid in 1990

Does this count as a rare video.

https://vimeo.com/149310841

Nice find!

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

This was a good show too. https://vimeo.com/195516940

I've been looking for Storytellers for years! I hope it is still up when I get home from work

Wow, thanks. That's one that has always been missing from my collection. I've heard the audio, but never actually seen the show, very cool.

I found a video from Farm aid in 1990

Does this count as a rare video.

https://vimeo.com/149310841
    Cool! Is this the show where he eventually sings Alabama Clay? I don't think I've ever seen that guy playing bass.

Not sure if this has been posted before from the tommy hunter show.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX98ZaL8GHw

Seems like I recall him performing The Cowboy Song on the old Crook and Chase show. That would be a good find.

+ Reply to Thread