+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Christmas Together" Track List

"Christmas Together" Track List

The big announcement of the morning is the track list for the boxset, but, the Christmas album is listed on Target's website too:

1. Iím Beginning To See The Light
    2. Ugly Christmas Sweater
    3. Santa Baby
    4. Feliz Navidad
    5. What Are You Doing New Yearís Eve
    6. Marshmallow World
    7. Merry Christmas Means I Love You
    8. Hard Candy Christmas
    9. Baby, Itís Cold Outside
    10. The Man With The Bag
    11. What Iím Thankful For (The Thanksgiving Songs)
    (with James Taylor)

Feliz Navidad?! LMBO This should be good!

Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    Haha... that's the one track I sorta let out a groan about when I saw the list. I really don't love that song. I'm sure Garth will make it fun though, so we'll see.

Most excited about the James Taylor duet and I expect Baby, Its Cold Outside should be excellent... I can be just fine without Feliz Navidad as well lol

"What I'm Thankful For" was originally written for MAM, so I'm wondering if the lyrics were changed to make it more holiday-centric or if it's the original version.

The $7.99 price tag at Target is pretty awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    Haha... that's the one track I sorta let out a groan about when I saw the list. I really don't love that song. I'm sure Garth will make it fun though, so we'll see.
    It made me laugh out loud for some reason. I can hear the band singing with him and it being real interesting.

I know Trisha will probably be singing "Hard Candy Christmas," but I'd love to hear Garth sing this.

I hate to nitpick because it's blatantly obvious I've been doing that these past couple of weeks but here's what I found disappointing, I know Garth co-wrote an original song for Joey and Rory on their Christmas album a few years ago, "I Know What Santa's Getting for Christmas" was the name of the song and I was hoping both Garth and Trisha would do their own version as a form of tribute to Joey Feek. Looking at the track listing I didn't see it nowhere. Probably would've been a good replacement for Feliz Navidad, I cannot tell you how many times I flinch whenever I hear that song.

Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    I love that xmas song. its always played here on the radio at xmas, along with snoops xmas.

Do we know yet if/when Christmas Together will be available at retailers beyond Target? I haven't seen it listed on any other websites yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sevens View Post
    Do we know yet if/when Christmas Together will be available at retailers beyond Target? I haven't seen it listed on any other websites yet.
    Garth said I forget where but he did say all retailers get it on 11/11
    When we're free to love anyone we choose, when this world's big enough for all different views When we all can worship from our own kind of pew, then we shall be free

Hard Candy Christmas is the furthest thing from a Christmas song lol Reba just put it on her My Kind of Christmas album, and as it was previously mentioned I am sure Trisha will grace us with her flawless cover. But I wish they would have found something a little more festive for the album.
    #1 Trisha Fan on Planet Garth (But I do love the G-Man too!)

This seems set for an international release at 11/11 aswell. https://platekompaniet.no/cd/christmas-together/ A strange day for new releases here, as I think most releases are made on fridays these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Garthoholic24 View Post
    Garth said I forget where but he did say all retailers get it on 11/11

Anyone find it odd that there's been no mention of a Limited First Edition cover for the Christmas album?

Yes, is a bit weird, MOC got one....hmmm

2 weeks from release, and the Christmas Album is slowly starting to show up at other retailers. You can rest assured that Amazon and Best Buy will eventually match Target's price.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/christma...?skuId=5665604

Christmas Together is $8.99 Digitally at Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Christmas-Tog...s=Garth+Brooks

That's interesting, if you look at the details of the album it is just shy of 28 minutes long.
    'All the way to Tacoma, by then I hope you're out of my mind.'

Hearing an advanced five song sampler, the album is pretty good. I can say Trisha's voice on "Santa Baby" sounds very luscious and salacious. In fact, it doesn't even sound like her, if you ask me. "Ugly Christmas Sweater" is a funny take on remembering a woman at a Christmas party. Nice and fun album so far.

Garth Brooks - Ugly Christmas Sweater (1.55)
    Trisha Yearwood - Santa Baby (2.41)
    Trisha Yearwood - Hard Candy Christmas (2.59)
    Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood - Baby It's Cold Outside (2.19)
    Garth Brooks (featuring James Taylor) - What I'm Thankful For (The Thanksgiving Song) (2.55)

Wha??? How did you get to hear some of the songs early?

Wha??? How did you get to hear some of the songs early?
    Five songs were sent digitally to members of the media and radio stations. Not expected at all, but something nice to wrap up a bad month for me.

Quote Originally Posted by themusicuni View Post
    Five songs were sent digitally to members of the media and radio stations. Not expected at all, but something nice to wrap up a bad month for me.
    Fun! Good for you. So sorry to hear you've had a bad month! Here's hoping it all turns around and that your Holidays are fantastic!

Fun! Good for you. So sorry to hear you've had a bad month! Here's hoping it all turns around and that your Holidays are fantastic!
    Thanks! I'll try!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    That's interesting, if you look at the details of the album it is just shy of 28 minutes long.
    I'm actually thinking of continuing a tradition I started back in High School where I made a playlist combining both the Magic of Christmas and Beyond the Season albums (Thankfully I still have them on my computer) along with Trisha's Christmas Albums to create another super playlist with the Christmas Together album. A thing I started when I got tired of switching CD's all the time.

This is interesting. Best Buy has 2 different listings for this, each with its own SKU and UPC Code.

Best as I can tell, this listing (UPC 854206001305) is for the US version, and this one (UPC 889853936120) is for the international version.

I. Had. The. CD. In. My. Hands.

I was at Target and they actually had a copy of the Christmas album out on the shelf. But when I tried to buy it, the computer flagged it as a date restricted item and the cashier took it away from me.

Dang computers!!! Back cover looks great though. Sigh.

Anyway, stock appears to be getting out, so if anyone has a mom and pop store close by, you might check it to see if they have it out on the shelf early.

Also, it seems Target boosted the price to $11.99. Which is weird. I was hoping it would stay at $7.99, but I guess not.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    hmm on the price.......... but ya know, if Target HAD sold the item early- they could have gotten in a whole lot of trouble.. (at least that type of occurrence when I was working retail could have caused a lot of trouble...)

I'll have to take a look at target JUST in case

Say, though, was it in their special "christmas" section, or was it up front w/ the rest of the CD's?
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

"Baby, It's Cold Outside"? Heck yes...that is one I have said for a long time (although I apparently didn't say it here on the forums, I guess) that I have wanted to hear them tackle. Something about the idea of Garth and Trisha singing about spending the night together...or wavering as to whether they willl...and that son implies that for them to spend the night together would be scandalous...at least for the woman...in today's society it makes you think one or both must be married to someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    hmm on the price.......... but ya know, if Target HAD sold the item early- they could have gotten in a whole lot of trouble.. (at least that type of occurrence when I was working retail could have caused a lot of trouble...)

I'll have to take a look at target JUST in case

Say, though, was it in their special "christmas" section, or was it up front w/ the rest of the CD's?
    It was mixed in with the regular CDs.

+ Reply to Thread