+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Box set detailed

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by cissie View Post
    actually no i wasn't cause out of respect for this sites owner and his rules i will not plug my own site on this one. but thank you for letting everyone on here know about it by mentioning it in your posts, oh and thanks for the plug of my youtube channel too. when i mentioned that people could listen to the new box set i was simply saying that the music is out there, all you gotta do it search for it..and i think most of us only have to turn to our own garth collection to hear most of what is in the new box. but thanks for the plug you gave gave by simply jumping to the wrong conclusion..LOL that was awesome
    call it what you want, Cissie.. If you think you 'caught' me in something , think again... You know where you were trying to drive people to... your statement in the post above confirms that....
    lol in the end it's not a HUGE deal.... a veiled advert sure, but not a big deal.. the real deal will be out on Friday... thats something we can all agree on
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Garthoholic24 View Post
    Just got notification that my pre-order bundle shipped via UPS and will be here on or before Saturday
    hmm- so it looks like maybe they went with UPS? that could make deli. on friday available. though the question would be, were ALL orders shipped by ups

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

My order was shipped by UPS SurePost. UPS does most of the delivery, but transfers it over to the post office for delivery. In my area, that tacks on at least 2, sometimes 3 days to the delivery time. So, I logged onto the UPS website and paid the extra few dollars to keep the package with UPS for delivery.

I received my shipping notification last night. It was coming UPS SurePost as well, so I upgraded it to ground for $3.50.

What happened that he's smiling in the Christmas album cover?

Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    What happened that he's smiling in the Christmas album cover?
    He was doing a photoshoot and then his wife walked in, who returned from either another photoshoot, or filming her cooking show (sorry, can't remember) and she was still in full make-up and when the photographer saw how Garth lit up when Trisha walked in, he said he wanted to take a photo of both of them. That is what happened. Love is what happened.
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

It might hvae been covered already in this thread,but how do people who bought the bundle directly from garthbrooks.com get the new album? Can`t seem to find a way to contact support on that site

Quote Originally Posted by no_fences80 View Post
    It might hvae been covered already in this thread,but how do people who bought the bundle directly from garthbrooks.com get the new album? Can`t seem to find a way to contact support on that site
    It is now being handled through GhostTunes. I emailed GhostTunes support and they asked me to send them a copy of my original email receipt from garthbrooks.com. Luckily I found it and the bundle was added into my GhostTunes account on the same day. I was told the new album will be added when it is released.

Quote Originally Posted by no_fences80 View Post
    Yes you get it until the national street date but you should email Ghosttunes with your GB order number, that should get you the new LP download.

Anyone that uprades to UPS Ground watch out I just got charged twice for upgrading
    When we're free to love anyone we choose, when this world's big enough for all different views When we all can worship from our own kind of pew, then we shall be free

I ordered early on the first day (when they had glitch for free express shipping) and it says my bundle is on back order. I am cancelling and will buy in store. Frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by CBooUF View Post
    I ordered early on the first day (when they had glitch for free express shipping) and it says my bundle is on back order. I am cancelling and will buy in store. Frustrating.
    That is not right. I would contact Target with your order number and challenge them with that back order nonsense.

Paula

Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

I have the same problem. Twice the charge was "pending" on my debit card only to disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Gaines is The Game View Post
    I have the same problem. Twice the charge was "pending" on my debit card only to disappear.
    This is the EXACT reason I canceled. I had thought it cleared and was excited it was coming and then this happened so I said screw it and I'll go tomorrow!

Is the backorder status accompanied by a delivery date? Just checked my order page and it says it's backordered but still expected to be delivered by tomorrow...

It still said estimated 11/11, but on back order.

It still said estimated 11/11, but on back order.
    If it's any consolation, I just got off the phone with Target customer service and their explanation for the 'backorder' status was because the set doesn't come out until tomorrow. They also said the 'pending' status will change on your credit card account once the item ships.

My nephew got his today. Just a bit frustrating seeing as I ordered mine the same day.

I'm actually pretty surprised it hasn't leaked yet seeing as a good number of people seem to have it in their possession already.

Received mine today. Kind of disappointed how they decided to package the set. There are 10 discs, but only 5 cases. Each case has 2 cd's in it with a different cover on each side except for the Road which has the track list on the back. There was room in the box for 1 more CD. Really wish they would have put Gunslinger in its own case instead.

Mine is here!!! Love love the album but gotta agree, disappointed in how its packed. For a Limited First Edition to be packaged in the case with another cd is disappointing. Ill wait to post any thoughts on songs until its done but so far I love it!

Ugh... so the limited first edition of the new album shares its case with one of the other CD's in the box??? Wow that sucks pondwater!!!

Hopefully it's like the BIAOMR box and some are packaged differently. That box had 3 different packaging configurations, if I remember correctly, and in at least 1 of those each disc had its own case. I mean, for this box I don't mind if the playlist discs share cases, but come on, Gunslinger should have its own %#&! case!!!

Any new versions on the live discs or is it rehashed recordings from Double Live?

I bought the set but won't be able to listen till Monday

Quote Originally Posted by CER956 View Post
    Any new versions on the live discs or is it rehashed recordings from Double Live?

I bought the set but won't be able to listen till Monday
    haven't listened to all the live discs yet, but I'd wager honestly that they're rehashed...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I finally started listening to and breaking down the rest of the box set. I really like how the songs are selected for nearly the entire the box set.

RPM's is kind of confusing to me though. When I think of RPM's, I think fast, I think speed. The disc leads off with Against the Grain. Very cool. But then there are tracks like Cold Like That, She's Tired of Boys, You Move Me, Ireland, etc. I might be missing something here.

The Covers is just a rehash of the BIAOMR's collection. Love that he added Hard Luck Woman though. I would have liked to have seen him add tracks like I Know One, Dixie Chicken, Callin' Baton Rouge, Mr. Blue, Shameless, Don't Cross the River or some mix of them. I realize that some of them were added to other discs though.

I like the Covers one, I like to think it's a greatest hits cd to BIAOMR, with a bonus of Hard Luck Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBarton View Post
    RPM's is kind of confusing to me though. When I think of RPM's, I think fast, I think speed. The disc leads off with Against the Grain. Very cool. But then there are tracks like Cold Like That, She's Tired of Boys, You Move Me, Ireland, etc. I might be missing something here.
    I agree! I would've replaced a few of those with "Ain't Going Down," "Callin' Baton Rouge" and "Papa Loved Mama," at the least.

I wish the studio version of "It's Your Song" had found it's way onto Anthems. Having heard it many times, I love the version, and it would have given the fans another unreleased gem.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBarton View Post
    I finally started listening to and breaking down the rest of the box set. I really like how the songs are selected for nearly the entire the box set.

The Covers is just a rehash of the BIAOMR's collection. Love that he added Hard Luck Woman though. I would have liked to have seen him add tracks like I Know One, Dixie Chicken, Callin' Baton Rouge, Mr. Blue, Shameless, Don't Cross the River or some mix of them. I realize that some of them were added to other discs though.
    I didn't know "I Know One" was a cover!! Who did the original?

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    I didn't know "I Know One" was a cover!! Who did the original?
    looks like Charlie Pride, in 1969

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

+ Reply to Thread