+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 212

Thread: Box set detailed

  1. #61
    I hope you guys get it before the street date if only so you can report back whether the remixes from 2014 are used

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Clayton NC
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by themusicuni View Post
    I chatted with Target, too and they assured me the package will arrive on 11/11 with the express shipping selected.
    Them crooks told me there is no express shipping with pre-orders through them
    When we're free to love anyone we choose, when this world's big enough for all different views When we all can worship from our own kind of pew, then we shall be free

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Garthoholic24 View Post
    Them crooks told me there is no express shipping with pre-orders through them
    They told me the same thing, but he said I would get it on release date. However, that's Veterans Day which is a USPS holiday, so I'm not sure how it's coming. If I don't get it on or before release date, I'll buy it at the store and return the online order.

  4. #64
    Just listen to the "Midnight Sun" sample on the USA Today link...it definitely is just the studio recording with the "crowd noise" from the video.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by jturtels View Post
    Just listen to the "Midnight Sun" sample on the USA Today link...it definitely is just the studio recording with the "crowd noise" from the video.
    Thats what i thought also.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Sep 1998
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    7,275
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    Target's product pages say that you should get the item on or shortly after the 11th. Anyone preorder from Target before? How good are they about getting things out on release day? Amazon is pretty good. I've pre-ordered well over 100 items from them and all but once they had the item to me on release day. Best Buy is actually great. I almost always get pre-orders from them a day early. But I've never pre-ordered from Target.

    I really won't have time that day to sit around and wait for the mail, so I'm just showing up at 8am that morning and just getting my copies in store. But I'll be super jealous if all you people who are having them shipped to you get them on the 10th.
    Don't forget that boxed sets purchased at the store won't have the Christmas CD bundled with it. Only those that are pre-ordered can be bundled, although the price for the Christmas CD purchased separately is not that much.

    Paula

    Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,437
    Yep... more than happy to pay the $8 extra.

  8. #68
    As much as I'm underwhelmed by some selections I feel are subpar compared to tracks left off I will say I'm happy he chose what I feel are the strongest songs off of Man Against Machine.

    There's a great chance this sells more copies than that record did so I'm all for songs like Midnight Train and You Wreck Me getting some more exposure vs ending up in some $5 bin at Walmart.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    78
    This "set" is a joke. These discs should have been Amazon playlists. The only reason I'm purchasing this "set" is for Gunslinger and the FILP remake...which is kinda shady...why do the people who bought the bundle, who have been waiting two years, get the shaft on FILP? He couldn't throw it in as a thank you for being patient why he built up hype for a new album he never intended to relase on time anyway...

    A whole disc of THE SAME covers after a five disc set of covers? Come on. (Yeah, yeah I get it, not everybody purchased BIOMR...)

    Fully expect the "LIVE" disc to be the EXACT SAME songs off DOUBLE LIVE. Midnight Sun being billed as live when it's obvious the crowd noise was just added on? That's not cool...at all.

    This box is just like the comeback, all hype and no substance.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    536
    I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed with the "new" tracks in this box set (not counting the new album of course). There are only 6 tracks that have never been officially released, and 5 of them are live.

    - We have "In Another's Eyes" which I would almost guarantee is the version released to radio many years ago where the crowd is so loud they stop and then start again.
    - We have "One Night A Day" which I'd bet my house on is the version from This Is Garth Brooks Too.
    - We know two tracks are from Central Park ("New York State of Mind" with Billy Joel and "American Pie" with Don McLean)
    -According to everyone that has heard snippets it appears "Midnight Sun" is just the studio track with crowd noise added which makes sense because I am unaware of it ever being performed live. That makes the track not really new at all in any way.

    If so, that means NONE of these live tracks are really "new" they just have never been put on an album to purchase. That leaves "1982" as the only true "new" thing in the box besides the new album. I really thought there would be something more.

    Don't get me wrong, I am excited for the box and have already pre-ordered, but I was thinking we'd get some truly "new" tracks especially when Garth says things like there is "a lot of unreleased audio in the box". If you take out the new album that just isn't true.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Florida USA
    Posts
    1,050
    I agree but I look at it this way:

    Are you willing to pay $15.00 a piece for the new studio album and Christmas album? If so then you can just say you are getting some repackaged material for free.

  12. #72
    As a fan that already has all the previous box sets, this is definitely a bit less than what I was hoping for. I would have loved to have seen at least one “new” song like 1982 on each disc. That would give us 7 new songs, plus some new live tracks and that would’ve been awesome.

    That said, I think Garth and company know that to a lot of listeners (and possibly more importantly, Target shoppers), a lot of this stuff will be brand new. I’d bet that the majority of people who buy this set don’t already have BIAOMR, and very likely even the Lost Sessions and Man Against Machine as well. Imagine if you didn’t already have all that - this would be a GREAT set.

    So, while it’s maybe not super exciting for us hardcore fans, I still think this is a pretty good step into post-Walmart Garth.

    (Brand new here, by the way! Read the forums for a long time but all the new excitement finally got me to join and speak up)

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by mdewater View Post
    As a fan that already has all the previous box sets, this is definitely a bit less than what I was hoping for. I would have loved to have seen at least one “new” song like 1982 on each disc. That would give us 7 new songs, plus some new live tracks and that would’ve been awesome.

    That said, I think Garth and company know that to a lot of listeners (and possibly more importantly, Target shoppers), a lot of this stuff will be brand new. I’d bet that the majority of people who buy this set don’t already have BIAOMR, and very likely even the Lost Sessions and Man Against Machine as well. Imagine if you didn’t already have all that - this would be a GREAT set.

    So, while it’s maybe not super exciting for us hardcore fans, I still think this is a pretty good step into post-Walmart Garth.

    (Brand new here, by the way! Read the forums for a long time but all the new excitement finally got me to join and speak up)
    Great points and welcome! I was a long time lurker myself up until a few weeks ago

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,437
    So glad to see some new folks posting. (For all you out there still lurking, come on in!)

    I don't disagree with many of the underwhelmed sentiments that have been expressed, and many of those opinions will likely be reinforced if the standard edition of Gunslinger does end up being a couple of songs longer than the version in the box, similar to what he did the Limited Series II box and The Lost Sessions. (man.... I still remember how mad I was when I found out AFTER I had purchased the box that a longer version of the CD was being released on its own just 2 months later).

    But here's one thing I kinda appreciate about the box... it's full of deep tracks and doesn't just rely on the standard hits. Ain't Goin' Down, The Fever, Calling Baton Rouge are nowhere to be found in this box. I like that.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    So glad to see some new folks posting. (For all you out there still lurking, come on in!)

    I don't disagree with many of the underwhelmed sentiments that have been expressed, and many of those opinions will likely be reinforced if the standard edition of Gunslinger does end up being a couple of songs longer than the version in the box, similar to what he did the Limited Series II box and The Lost Sessions. (man.... I still remember how mad I was when I found out AFTER I had purchased the box that a longer version of the CD was being released on its own just 2 months later).

    But here's one thing I kinda appreciate about the box... it's full of deep tracks and doesn't just rely on the standard hits. Ain't Goin' Down, The Fever, Calling Baton Rouge are nowhere to be found in this box. I like that.
    Callin Baton Rouge would've been a welcome addition to the covers disc compared to some of the karaoke tracks that did make the cut but it is what it is.

  16. #76
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    168
    Just a thought too, Veterans Day is a USPS Holiday but not for UPS and FedEx. Pending on Target's shipping service choice, a 11/11 delivery is possible

  17. #77
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,437
    Quote Originally Posted by CER956 View Post
    Callin Baton Rouge would've been a welcome addition to the covers disc compared to some of the karaoke tracks that did make the cut but it is what it is.
    Completely agree... the Covers disc being culled 100% from BIAOMR tracks is the absolute low point of the box for me. Completely unnecessary. As you said, there are much better covers from the proper albums that should have been used instead or at least been mixed in.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkfitz View Post
    Just a thought too, Veterans Day is a USPS Holiday but not for UPS and FedEx. Pending on Target's shipping service choice, a 11/11 delivery is possible
    When I Preordered Adele's 25, Gwen Stefani's This Is What The Truth Feels Like, and Jason Aldean's They Don't Know the shipping on each pre-order was UPS. When I've ordered regular merchandise through their online shop, it has arrived UPS 90% of the time with a few cases it has come through the Post Office with the UPS Mail Partnership thing
    #1 Trisha Fan on Planet Garth (But I do love the G-Man too!)

  19. #79
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Just south of nowhere
    Posts
    1,483
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    Completely agree... the Covers disc being culled 100% from BIAOMR tracks is the absolute low point of the box for me. Completely unnecessary. As you said, there are much better covers from the proper albums that should have been used instead or at least been mixed in.
    I look at the Covers one being like his greatest hits of BIAOMR of sorts. Yeah, he could have made that a 2 disc set too but didn't.

  20. #80
    Went to preorder today and now it says wont arrive until 11/14-11/17. They are also charging for shipping

  21. #81
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    In the USA, the best country in the world
    Posts
    6,746
    from Target's website:

    with Express shipping (get it on 11/11)

    order summary
    subtotal (1 item) $29.99
    delivery $15.00
    estimated tax $3.60
    delivery & tax for 80012
    total $48.59

    Get it by 11/14 with premium shipping....

    order summary
    subtotal (1 item) $29.99
    delivery $11.00
    estimated tax $3.28
    delivery & tax for 80012
    total $44.27

    NORMAL shipping

    Get it by 11/14-11/17

    ubtotal (1 item) $29.99
    delivery free
    estimated tax $2.40
    delivery & tax for 80012
    total $32.39


    The only way to get a better deal than to go buy the box set and the christmas album separately is to choose the normal shipping, and then you'll get it 'by 11/14-11/17', from 3-6 days AFTER it's out at stores...

    The Christmas album is a whopping $7.99..

    it's more affordable NOT to pre order online
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

    I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

    My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

  22. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    from Target's website:

    with Express shipping (get it on 11/11)

    order summary
    subtotal (1 item) $29.99
    delivery $15.00
    estimated tax $3.60
    delivery & tax for 80012
    total $48.59

    Get it by 11/14 with premium shipping....

    order summary
    subtotal (1 item) $29.99
    delivery $11.00
    estimated tax $3.28
    delivery & tax for 80012
    total $44.27

    NORMAL shipping

    Get it by 11/14-11/17

    ubtotal (1 item) $29.99
    delivery free
    estimated tax $2.40
    delivery & tax for 80012
    total $32.39


    The only way to get a better deal than to go buy the box set and the christmas album separately is to choose the normal shipping, and then you'll get it 'by 11/14-11/17', from 3-6 days AFTER it's out at stores...

    The Christmas album is a whopping $7.99..

    it's more affordable NOT to pre order online
    Funny! I wasn't charged a cent for expedited shipping. Target charged my card when I placed the order so if they come back and charge another $15, I'm canceling and picking up in store and buying separately.

  23. #83
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Just south of nowhere
    Posts
    1,483
    I would think if you take the time to preorder something, a retailer would try their best to deliver it on the release date. Kinda the point of a preorder, not to charge so much extra. I would much rather spend that money on gas and get it myself on 11/11.

  24. #84
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    In the USA, the best country in the world
    Posts
    6,746
    Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    I would think if you take the time to preorder something, a retailer would try their best to deliver it on the release date. Kinda the point of a preorder, not to charge so much extra. I would much rather spend that money on gas and get it myself on 11/11.
    holy cow, bitter, we're agreeing again

    I know that I'm gonna be getting it on 11/11 myself...
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

    I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

    My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

  25. #85
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by fences2312 View Post
    The only reason I'm purchasing this "set" is for Gunslinger and the FILP remake...which is kinda shady...why do the people who bought the bundle, who have been waiting two years, get the shaft on FILP? He couldn't throw it in as a thank you for being patient why he built up hype for a new album he never intended to relase on time anyway...

    A whole disc of THE SAME covers after a five disc set of covers? Come on. (Yeah, yeah I get it, not everybody purchased BIOMR...)

    Fully expect the "LIVE" disc to be the EXACT SAME songs off DOUBLE LIVE. Midnight Sun being billed as live when it's obvious the crowd noise was just added on? That's not cool...at all.
    Can't even purchase it where I'm from,, but this is bang on. Anyone who has the bundle should get the FILP remake and the new album with all the bonus tracks.

  26. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    from Target's website:

    with Express shipping (get it on 11/11)

    order summary
    subtotal (1 item) $29.99
    delivery $15.00
    estimated tax $3.60
    delivery & tax for 80012
    total $48.59

    Get it by 11/14 with premium shipping....

    order summary
    subtotal (1 item) $29.99
    delivery $11.00
    estimated tax $3.28
    delivery & tax for 80012
    total $44.27

    NORMAL shipping

    Get it by 11/14-11/17

    ubtotal (1 item) $29.99
    delivery free
    estimated tax $2.40
    delivery & tax for 80012
    total $32.39


    The only way to get a better deal than to go buy the box set and the christmas album separately is to choose the normal shipping, and then you'll get it 'by 11/14-11/17', from 3-6 days AFTER it's out at stores...

    The Christmas album is a whopping $7.99..

    it's more affordable NOT to pre order online
    Thank you Scott for the breakdown...doesnt make sense to preorder now. Ill just buy them separately on the 11th

  27. #87
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    In the USA, the best country in the world
    Posts
    6,746
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyankfanken View Post
    Thank you Scott for the breakdown...doesnt make sense to preorder now. Ill just buy them separately on the 11th
    no problem, glad to help...
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

    I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

    My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

  28. #88
    It's super random. I am getting charged $4 for shipping on some of the boxsets, and others it is giving me free shipping? It would be nice if they got their **** together, as I am charging our overseas friends actual cost and now I don't know whether or not to add the $4
    #1 Trisha Fan on Planet Garth (But I do love the G-Man too!)

  29. #89
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,437
    Quote Originally Posted by darkcountry View Post
    It's super random. I am getting charged $4 for shipping on some of the boxsets, and others it is giving me free shipping? It would be nice if they got their **** together, as I am charging our overseas friends actual cost and now I don't know whether or not to add the $4
    Huh... that really sucks.

    I just tried and it offered me free standard shipping, but that the bundle might not arrive until 11/14. If I wanted to increase the shipping speed to guarantee release date delivery, then it was going to charge me extra.

    Might have to call to ensure that the orders you're placing for our international friends all get the free release date delivery that others here are getting.
    Last edited by Emerald Isle; 10-26-2016 at 12:48 PM.

  30. #90
    That's a good idea. I wish Target wouldn't complicate things
    #1 Trisha Fan on Planet Garth (But I do love the G-Man too!)

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts