+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Box set detailed

Box set detailed

Billboard has unveiled the track listing for the box set... a new two disc live album and 12 tracks on Gunsliger announced, including the updated edition of Friends In Low Places, only available in the box.

Garth Brooks' 10-Disc Target Box Set Revealed: Exclusive First Look
    http://www.billboard.com/articles/co...ive-first-look

Old School
    1. Much Too Young (To Feel This Damn Old)
    2. If Tomorrow Never Comes
    3. 1982+
    4. Unwound
    5. Longneck Bottle
    6. Two Of A Kind, Workin’ On A Full House
    7. Good Ol’ Boys Like Me
    8. Amos Moses
    9. That Ol’ Wind
    10. Alabama Clay
    11. White Lightning
    12. Don’t Close Your Eyes

Midnight Fire
    1. Shameless
    2. The Red Strokes
    3. She’s Every Woman
    4. What She’s Doing Now
    5. In Another’s Eyes (Duet with Trisha Yearwood)
    6. One Night a Day
    7. A Friend to Me
    8. Anonymous
    9. Victim Of The Game
    10. Which One of Them
    11. More Than A Memory
    12. To Make You Feel My Love

Cowboys
    1. Good Ride Cowboy
    2. Rodeo
    3. That Girl Is A Cowboy
    4. Rodeo Or Mexico
    5. Night Rider’s Lament
    6. My Baby No Esta Aqui
    7. Cowgirl’s Saddle
    8. Cowboy Bill
    9. Midnight Sun
    10. Rodeo And Juliet
    11. In Lonesome Dove
    12. The Cowboy Song

The Road (Disc One)
    1. Standing Outside The Fire
    2. Rodeo
    3. Shameless
    4. If Tomorrow Never Comes
    5. That Summer
    6. In Another’s Eyes (Duet With Trisha Yearwood)+
    7. Much Too Young (To Feel This Damn Old)
    8. Unanswered Prayers
    9. Longneck Bottle
    10. One Night A Day+
    11. To Make You Feel My Love
    12. Wrapped Up In You (Featuring Keb’ Mo’)
    13. The River
    14. American Pie (Featuring Don McLean)+

The Road (Disc Two)
    1. The Thunder Rolls (The Long Version)
    2. Two Of A Kind, Workin’ On A Full House
    3. Two Piña Coladas
    4. More Than A Memory
    5. Good Ride Cowboy
    6. Wild As The Wind (Duet With Trisha Yearwood)
    7. Working For A Living (Duet With Huey Lewis In LA)
    8. It’s Your Song
    9. New York State Of Mind (Duet With Billy Joel)+
    10. Midnight Sun+
    11. The Dance

Anthems
    1. The Dance
    2. Standing Outside The Fire
    3. Unanswered Prayers
    4. Thicker Than Blood
    5. How You Ever Gonna Know
    6. The Change
    7. Belleau Wood
    8. People Loving People
    9. The River
    10. Mom
    11. Last Night I Had The Strangest Dream
    12. When You Come Back To Me Again

The Covers
    1. Against The Wind
    2. Sweet Home Alabama
    3. Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me
    4. Mrs. Robinson
    5. Midnight Train To Georgia
    6. (Sittin’ On) The Dock Of The Bay
    7. Hard Luck Woman (With Kiss)
    8. Who’ll Stop The Rain
    9. Wild World
    10. All Right Now
    11. Drift Away
    12. Goodnight Saigon

RPMs
    1. Against The Grain
    2. She’s Tired Of Boys
    3. Rollin’
    4. Addicted To Love
    5. Cold Like That
    6. You Move Me
    7. Ireland
    8. Don’t Cross The River
    9. I’ll Be The Wind
    10. Doctor My Eyes
    11. Working For A Living (Duet With Huey Lewis)
    12. Do What You Gotta Do

Turn It Up
    1. The Thunder Rolls
    2. That Summer
    3. You Wreck Me
    4. Why Ain’t I Running
    5. Wrapped Up In You
    6. I’d Rather Have Nothing
    7. Allison Miranda
    8. Black Water
    9. Midnight Train
    10. Dixie Chicken
    11. Man Against Machine
    12. Two Piña Coladas

Gunslinger
    1. Honky-Tonk Somewhere+
    2. Weekend+
    3. Ask Me How I Know+
    4. Baby, Let’s Lay Down And Dance+
    5. He Really Loves You+
    6. Whiskey To Wine+
    7. BANG! BANG! +
    8. Pure Adrenaline+
    9. 8teen+
    10. SugarCane+
    11. Cowboys and Friends+ (Target exclusive track)
    12. Friends In Low Places – 25th Anniversary Edition+ (Target exclusive track)

It's going to be interesting to see if the limited edition cover will be included and if there will be extra Target only tracks outside of the box. Still, getting the Christmas album for free -- all for $30 -- is a killer deal! I'll still buy an extra copy of "Gunslinger" if it includes different extra tracks on the 25th.

It's only free if you preorder, right? I don't think Target has an in store pickup option for preorders, so I think that means they'd have to mail it. And I don't know how good they are about shipping stuff early so it arrives by the release date.

Will have to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    It's only free if you preorder, right? I don't think Target has an in store pickup option for preorders, so I think that means they'd have to mail it. And I don't know how good they are about shipping stuff early so it arrives by the release date.

Will have to see.
    That's the way I understand it, Emerald. I usually don't like pre-ordering because of the shipping thing, but I was thinking I will for this and hope it comes on or by the 11th. I was hoping for an in store pickup option for the pre-orders, but when I check current pre-orders, it doesn't give that option. However, for Bon Jovi's Target Exclusive CD that's due 11/4, it says get it 11/7-10 with standard shipping. Sucks, but I guess it's part of it. I'm assuming the pre-orders will go live tomorrow since there's no sign of the box set anywhere anymore on their website.

At second thought, I think paying an extra $10-12 for the duets album and getting it for sure on release day outweighs the free aspect by the time you factor in shipping costs. A single CD costs $4 to ship, so I imagine the box set will be at least $10, but who knows!?
    Last edited by themusicuni; 10-24-2016 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by themusicuni View Post
    At second thought, I think paying an extra $10-12 for the duets album and getting it for sure on release day outweighs the free aspect by the time you factor in shipping costs. A single CD costs $4 to ship, so I imagine the box set will be at least $10, but who knows!?
    Yeah, I know it sounds cuckoo crazy, but for me it's worth buying both separately to ensure that I can for sure get it on the 11th. I fly out of town in the wee hours of the morning on the 12th, and want to have enough time on the 11th to import the new stuff onto my phone before I fly out. So, if the pre-orders don't end up ever offering an in-store pickup option, then I'll just buy the two separately and call it good. I just bought a Groupon deal where they were selling $20 Target gift cards for $10. So the money I saved on that should cover the cost of the Christmas album.

Now it's possible that once it gets closer to the release date and inventory starts making its way to Target's stores, that the preorder page will start offering an option for in store pickup. Will have to watch some releases between now and then to see if that's the case.
    Last edited by Emerald Isle; 10-24-2016 at 01:16 AM.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    hmm- I'll pay for the christmas CD if necessary, if I can get it AT the store...

I do find it interesting- yea, at first glance, and I'll keep coming back to read the article/look at it more...

It appears that there's 1 unreleased song outside of the live albums, and Gunslinger.. Gotta say thats kinda disappointing...

two diff. times they repeat the songs- one live, one studio.... could've done without that, but it is what it is. It's not OVERLY trisha duet happy, that's a good thing..

the questions will come I'm sure with the live versions... how quickly can people pick the real shows they came from?

def. a downer in a way..

YET.. (not just appeasing the rabid following, honest thoughts..)

I'm intrigued by the outlay of the songs.. some of them seem to be ones that will flow well together... We'll just have to wait and see... (I'd liked to have seen another song other than Rollin, and wouldn't have minded seeing uptown down home good ol boy in the cowboys disc..)

11/11 can't come soon enough!
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

wow this box set looks AWESOME!!!!

Now, my Garth ADD is kicking in and I want to make tracklistings for songs missing from the set..haha
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

A few observations about the tracklists.

-Ain't Goin' Down, Calling Baton Rouge, & Fever are not in the set anywhere. Crazy! Each would have been perfect fits for the RPM disc. Fever could have also been great for the cowboy disc.

-Thicker Than Blood is not an anthem in my book, but whatever.

-I wish there weren't so many BIAOMR tracks.

-Except for Hard Luck Woman, the Covers disc seems superfluous, since the entire BIAOMR set was covers. A much more interesting Covers disc would have been to cull the covers from the albums. Callin Baton Rouge, Mr. Blue, Night Rider's Lament, Workin for a Livin, Shameless, Walking After Midnight, Fever, & To Make You Feel My Love would have fit nicely. He could have also included Deep Water. Still, it is nice to have Hard Luck Woman on an official Garth release.

-3 of the Limited Series tracks are here, To Make You Feel My Love, Anonymous and Which One of Them. I wonder if Anonymous and WOOT have been remixed and remastered similar to the 2014 digital albums? So, still missing from current releases are Uptown Down Home Good Ol Boy, This Ain't Tennessee, and Something With a Ring to it.

-8 Lost Sessions tracks are included. Likewise, I wonder if they've been remixed and remastered like the 2014 albums? At first glance, still missing from current releases are Love Will Always Win, She Don't Care About Me, For a Minute There, Under the Table, American Dream, Meet Me in Love, You Can't Help Who You Love, Please Operator, & My Baby No Esta Aqui.

-I'm really excited about all 5 of the new live tracks. American Pie, New York State of Mind, Midnight Sun, In Another's Eyes, and One Night a Day will all be great additions to the DL25 live tracks.
    Last edited by Emerald Isle; 10-24-2016 at 01:49 AM.

Also excited to finally hear Garth & George Strait singing together, even if it is with other artists, and even though it's just FILP. Still... it's a big deal people!

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    -8 Lost Sessions tracks are included. Likewise, I wonder if they've been remixed and remastered like the 2014 albums? At first glance, still missing from current releases are Love Will Always Win, She Don't Care About Me, For a Minute There, Under the Table, American Dream, Meet Me in Love, You Can't Help Who You Love, Please Operator, & My Baby No Esta Aqui.
    Correction: My Baby No Esta Aqui is in the set.

Im totally blown away by this boxset. Have to say, this is the best boxset Garth has done by far.

Question : Am I right in thinking the tracks on the live discs that are previously released, are the same versions that he released on double live.

Question: It has a cross beside In Another Eyes on the Live disc, so Im guessing that is different from Double Live?

The stand alone Gunslinger available on November 25th has ten songs on it.

So looking forward to GunSlinger, the titles of the songs seem real fun, and its going to sound like a happy album, cant wait to hear
    the song "Eighteen"

Back to boxset, Heck if it just had one song on it, I would buy it, that song being "Friends In Low Places with George Strait" that alone makes the
    boxset worth buying.

Throw in Cowboys and friends, thats not in the standalone version of Gun Slinger, makes for one impression collection.

Plus you have Garth doing Randy Travis's 1982!!

Plus a live version of Midnight sun, One night a day, New York state of Mind, American Pie.

This boxset looks very impressive.

Gotta say, Im going get it, will also be buying GunSlinger on November 25th!

Just reread Emerald Isle post, cool there are five new live tracks!!

Tried to preorder it and ship it to Germany: It doesnt work. International shipping isnt allowed for the box. :-(

I'm excited for the Box Set. The song selection is a bit different than what I expected. The mix seems a bit random and odd.

I am happy to see Hard Luck Woman, wish It's Your Song was the studio version, and FILP25 on GUNSLINGER is a huge bonus for me!
    Last edited by YouSoundBitter; 10-24-2016 at 05:09 AM.

hehe, they spelt George strait, George Straight on Targets webpage.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post

Question : Am I right in thinking the tracks on the live discs that are previously released, are the same versions that he released on double live.

Question: It has a cross beside In Another Eyes on the Live disc, so Im guessing that is different from Double Live?

- I'm taking it that way too. To my knowledge, Garth has never done "Wrapped Up In You" with Keb Mo other than the one time (during the Coast to Coast shows).

- "In Another's Eyes" isn't on Double Live...just "Wild as the Wind."

Quote Originally Posted by themusicuni View Post
    It's going to be interesting to see if the limited edition cover will be included and if there will be extra Target only tracks outside of the box. Still, getting the Christmas album for free -- all for $30 -- is a killer deal! I'll still buy an extra copy of "Gunslinger" if it includes different extra tracks on the 25th.
    I would HOPE the limited edition will be.

I love Garth, but I have most of this stuff 100 times over. Think I'll wait till Gunslinger pops up on my Ghosttune account.

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    I love Garth, but I have most of this stuff 100 times over. Think I'll wait till Gunslinger pops up on my Ghosttune account.
    I went back and forth a bit on this too, but I pre-ordered mine a few minutes ago. $30...Inclusive of the Christmas CD, a couple special tracks, and the new album went on and pushed me to get it. I mean the Christmas CD and the new album alone would cost about that much these days, so might as well get this too... but I understand your thoughts for sure... I think us long-term fans are fatigued with re-releases of the same material.

- "In Another's Eyes" isn't on Double Live...just "Wild as the Wind."[/QUOTE]

True, however there was an official live version released to radio shortly after the song came out. I hope it is not this version, it's cool to hear the react of the crowd, the band stops playing, and the crowd just goes nuts for like a 1 minute 20. It's cool to listen to once or twice, but for a live cd, I'd rather have a typical recording of it.

So, with regard to the question of whether you'll be able to get the Box & Christmas album deal in store, Target's link on the bundle's page currently says that it's "not sold in stores" but that if you pre-order it, it will be shipped to "arrive on or shortly after release date"

The links to the individual releases, however, both say "free order pickup not yet available", indicating that free pickup will become available at some point.

So as of right now it appears that the bundle will only be available for shipping and won't be available in store. That could change, though, between now and release date. For example, I've seen other Target exclusives where the pre-order page said they weren't going to be sold in stores and then they were. Will need to watch the weekly ads to know for sure. But assuming that the deal is only available for shipping, then I think I will personally just pay the extra $8 and buy both separately to guarantee that I get them on release day. That "shortly after release date" crap would be just my luck, haha.

Does anyone plan to make their own playlists of these songs from the mp3s we got in the bundle (or 1000 other times)? That's what I'm doing right now even though I preordered just for the new album and Christmas album.

This is nice, but I am most excited for Gunslinger. Was hoping for studio version of American Pie to be included in the box, not the Central Park version.

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    I love Garth, but I have most of this stuff 100 times over. Think I'll wait till Gunslinger pops up on my Ghosttunes account.
    I'm with you on this, I can understand getting new fans or maybe getting the casual shopper an opportunity to discover the old stuff (for lack of a better term). But the more I looked at the track listing, the more I realized that this box set failed to cater to the more serious fan who has been with him from the first record on. Basically I was hoping for a disc of even rarer material that wasn't touched on The Lost Sessions but I also had a feeling that it wouldn't be happening.

That being said I still plan to get the Christmas album on release day and I know Garth might do another Studio G to give us a peak inside the box so I'll catch that.

I'll certainly be getting the boxset, but like many I'm a little underwhelmed. I'm sure it'll grow on me, especially with Gunslinger included. Does anyone think Midnight Sun will just be audio from the music video?

Quote Originally Posted by copinark View Post
    Does anyone think Midnight Sun will just be audio from the music video?
    Good question. Has he ever actually performed it live?

I kinda wish this set would have had a duets disc. Examples of songs that could've been included are Watcha Gonna Do With a Cowboy, Some Things Never Change, Deep Water, Hard Luck Woman, Longneck Bottle, In Another's Eyes, Where Your Road Leads, Burnin' the Roadhouse Down, Katie Wants a Fast One, Beer Run, Squeeze Me In, Night Birds, Love Will Never Win, For a Minute There, I'll Be the Wind, Workin for a Livin, After the Fire is Gone, The Weight, The Call, Wild as the Wind...

That's 20 songs right there. Would have been a good spot for New York State of Mind, American Pie, and FILP25 too.

Quote Originally Posted by copinark View Post
    I'll certainly be getting the boxset, but like many I'm a little underwhelmed. I'm sure it'll grow on me, especially with Gunslinger included. Does anyone think Midnight Sun will just be audio from the music video?
    I'm in the same camp, rather underwhelming.

If these are the bundle remixes I guess I can justify the purchase, along with the mixes used for Double Live 25.

But something like the covers disc is something that is utterly dispensable IMO, he chose the worst from the boxset to highlight on there.

You can see high quality versions of the different album covers here:

https://corporate.target.com/Carouse...ate-Collection

+ Reply to Thread