+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Latest Billboard Chart Rankings For New Single

Latest Billboard Chart Rankings For New Single

NEW 'DANCE': Garth Brooks ties for his second-best debut of the past decade on Country Airplay, as new single "Baby, Let's Lay Down and Dance" bounds in at No. 19 with 12.1 million impressions.

Brooks also started at No. 19 on Sept. 20, 2014, with "People Loving People"(marking the song's peak). He is the only artist ever to debut at No. 1 on Airplay, as "More Than a Memory"entered at the pinnacle on Sept. 15, 2007.

"Dance"marks the highest arrival on Country Airplay since Miranda Lambert's "Vice" entered the Aug. 6 chart at No. 18. On Hot Country Songs, "Dance" debuts at No. 36.

Written by Brooks, Kent Blazy, Steve Dorff, Victoria Shaw and the late Kim Williams, "Dance" is the first single from Brooks' 11th studio album, Gunslinger, due Nov. 25 (aka Black Friday). However, ahead of its wide release, the new LP will be included in The Ultimate Collection box set, available exclusively at Target beginning Nov. 11. The package features nine discs from Brooks' catalog, including Gunslinger, plus bonus tracks from the new set available only on the Target version.

Looks like the single dropped down to #28 this week on Billboard's Airplay chart. Bummer.

It's not getting a ton of radioplay. We have 4 country stations here in Cincinnati, one being WUBE, which is one of the Top 10 country stations in the country.
    I only ever hear it on that station and several of the times have been after I called in and requested it.

it's really disappointing.

BLLDAD is actually doing quite well. It's kept its audience impressions steady since it's big iHeart premiere and has gained a decent amount of spins every day. It is following the path of Brad Paisley's 'Today' which is 5 days older. BLLDAD is very much alive. We'll have a better picture of where it's going in about 2 weeks.

Just some perspective, it takes songs a good amount of time to run up the charts usually. Tim McGraw's 'How I'll Always Be' has been on the charts for 106 days and just now entered the top 10. I anticipate that song will go top 5 if not #1 in a few weeks.

#29 on Hot Country Airplay and still gaining spins.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sevens View Post
    #29 on Hot Country Airplay and still gaining spins.
    He's EOTY will probably get him a boost this week.

I don't listen to current country music stations anymore, but I think most of us would agree that Garth just isn't as favorable in today's music climate as he once was. I would be highly surprised if he ever has a number one hit again. I'm okay with that. I just buy the CD's and enjoy it all.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBarton View Post
    I don't listen to current country music stations anymore, but I think most of us would agree that Garth just isn't as favorable in today's music climate as he once was. I would be highly surprised if he ever has a number one hit again. I'm okay with that. I just buy the CD's and enjoy it all.
    an interesting notion. I don't know if he WILL have a #1 again (never say never.. Heck even John Anderson had a bit of a revival in the early 90's (side note- he's boring as heck in concert) )... but he definitely isn't as influential as he used to be... that's his own fault though, really
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

This sucker is still climbing. It was up one to #16 on the ACC this morning.

I thought this was dead a couple weeks ago, but this past weekend his team put out an ad to programmers to "power up" to get it to top 10. The last few days it has had some of the best updates in months. I expect it to jump a spot or two this week.

This song is truly a bonafide hit! How cool! The staying power it's shown is incredible. I see it's popped up to #15 on Mediabase and continues to gain airplay.

Up to #14 on the weekly mediabase chart and I'm going to guess that's as high as it'll get. It took a hard fall in spins today and I anticipate it to continue to drop.

Up to #13 on the American Country Countdown this morning. But it is probably lagging a week behind the official charts.

+ Reply to Thread