+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Gunslinger!

Interesting cover pick for the limited edition.
    ~"Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tide."~
    ~"Blood is thicker than water, but love is thicker than blood."~
    -Garth Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by coco1997 View Post
    Wow, I like that a lot!

If I may ask, how did your friend acquire the set early?
    Just lucky. A few friends have posted that they received their boxed set yesterday, and a couple of others have received notifications that their boxed set would be arriving today. Not sure what Target's shipping process is to make shipping so different, even for people ordering and requesting express shipping.

Paula

Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

My song by song review is in the Reviews section in case anyone is interested.

Today is the day folks. How many of you will be at Target at 0800 ready to get it? I'll be honest, I won't wake up until about 1300 and then I'll run up there to get it.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    lol Charlie I'll actually be teaching today at a high school, bt I've already talked to the teacher I'm subbing for, and will be leaving school after first period (about 845 or so) to go get the boxed set, then return to school
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

I'll have to wait until tomorrow morning after I get off work. No Target in that direction either. It will end up being a 2 and a half hour drive to get my Box Set and Christmas Together CDs.

On my way to Target!

Gunslinger....

WOW...this album is freaking awesome!! No to sound like i'm quoting Garth, but DANG this album is Pure Garth!!!!!
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

Alright- got my box set from Target this morning, while I'm on my break between classes I'm teaching- importing into iTunes now, then to my phone and then back to school!

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Not to sound like a broke record but Pure Garth! Listened to it on the way to work after picking up at Target. Bang Bang will have to grow on me and I prefer the Ryman version of Whiskey to Wine. Other than that I give this album an A. It's everything the die hard Garth fans have wanted.

Soooo, this is purely a comment on the packaging and not the quality of the music: I really do not like that the limited first edition of Gunslinger looks so cheap and is a dual case with the RPM album. Definitely doesn't look or feel like a first edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sevens View Post
    Soooo, this is purely a comment on the packaging and not the quality of the music: I really do not like that the limited first edition of Gunslinger looks so cheap and is a dual case with the RPM album. Definitely doesn't look or feel like a first edition.
    gotta say I kinda agree with this- I think that Gunslinger (at least) warranted it's own CD jewel case. would be nice to have had inserts/liner notes for all the albums, but really- they were able to save some $ I'm sure in cost via this packaging... oh well- they won't be in a case for me for long

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    gotta say I kinda agree with this- I think that Gunslinger (at least) warranted it's own CD jewel case. would be nice to have had inserts/liner notes for all the albums, but really- they were able to save some $ I'm sure in cost via this packaging... oh well- they won't be in a case for me for long
    Yes! What kind of limited first edition album doesn't even come with it's own booklet?

It was definitely a cost saving move, but I don't really care about the different cover if it's nothing more than a single sheet of paper to separate two albums.

Due to Gunslinger not having it's own booklet with lyrics, I guess it's on to the separate version when it's released on the 25th! He's once again found away to make us rebuy it!

So the way I figure it I am going to be buying 3 separate covers of Gunslinger. I may be wrong but the Target special edition has its own cover. I also saw a regular cover with the 1st edition logo in the upper corner and the regular cover. I may be wrong about the 1st edition logo but it looked like it. So three different covers. Yikes. Has anyone seen if Xmas cd has any special covers? So it looks like 4 boxed sets, 2 regular Gunslingers, 2 1st Edition Gunslingers and at least 1 more Xmas cd (I did buy a bundle from Target). I just got the cds in order now I have to rearrange them to fit on the two shelfs. And I am still waiting to hear when 25th anniversary edition of No fences comes out. My next project is to photograph all the covers. I did notice either No Fences or the first CD has three different backs. The photo is small, enlarged and moved in different spots. Hope everyone is enjoying the CDs even with the Target special edition cover. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    So the way I figure it I am going to be buying 3 separate covers of Gunslinger. I may be wrong but the Target special edition has its own cover. I also saw a regular cover with the 1st edition logo in the upper corner and the regular cover. I may be wrong about the 1st edition logo but it looked like it. So three different covers. Yikes. Has anyone seen if Xmas cd has any special covers? So it looks like 4 boxed sets, 2 regular Gunslingers, 2 1st Edition Gunslingers and at least 1 more Xmas cd (I did buy a bundle from Target). I just got the cds in order now I have to rearrange them to fit on the two shelfs. And I am still waiting to hear when 25th anniversary edition of No fences comes out. My next project is to photograph all the covers. I did notice either No Fences or the first CD has three different backs. The photo is small, enlarged and moved in different spots. Hope everyone is enjoying the CDs even with the Target special edition cover. :-)
    As far as I know, there are only two covers: the first edition and standard cover that will grace the standalone version. I know Garth mentioned during an Inside Studio G session that there could be a Target exclusive cover, but nothing else has been mentioned about that, so I don't know.

There's also no additional Christmas Together covers. Just the one.

Cool. For some reason I thought I saw a regular Gunslinger cover with the familiar 1st edition logo in the upper left corner. I can't remember where I saw that photo. But I will check the stores anyways to get a couple if there is one. Cool on the Xmas cover. I am spending abig chunck of change to keep my collection up to date. Thanks for the info. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by themusicuni View Post
    As far as I know, there are only two covers: the first edition and standard cover that will grace the standalone version. I know Garth mentioned during an Inside Studio G session that there could be a Target exclusive cover, but nothing else has been mentioned about that, so I don't know.

There's also no additional Christmas Together covers. Just the one.
    as far as I know there's the regular one and the first edition one- and the first edition is only in the target box
    . (that's the one I got anyway..) I may (MAY, don't know) pick up one of the regular.... haven't decided, I did get a notice form ghost tunes that I'd have a download link on the 24th (or 25th)

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

First time poster, long time reader. I think Gunslinger is fantastic and cannot wait to blast it in my car!

now GB...let's put out a vinyl edition of Gunslinger!!
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

I wouldn't complain

Quote Originally Posted by youngbuck View Post
    First time poster, long time reader. I think Gunslinger is fantastic and cannot wait to blast it in my car!
    Welcome youngbuck! it's def. a good album- and blasting it in the car? totally works

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Did anyone elses album cases come all scratched and cracked?
    When we're free to love anyone we choose, when this world's big enough for all different views When we all can worship from our own kind of pew, then we shall be free

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    Welcome youngbuck! it's def. a good album- and blasting it in the car? totally works
    Thank you! And I plan on taking a drive and finding that out tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Garthoholic24 View Post
    Did anyone elses album cases come all scratched and cracked?
    I had a case that was broken

Quote Originally Posted by youngbuck View Post
    I had a case that was broken
    1 was and at least 1 more on the to be soon for me

My Gunslinger cover came folded :/ human error I'll assume

And while it's great value for $$ the boxset booklet is cheap as hell, I could only wish it was like the previous boxes

There is the booklet inside the box, yes I know it's not the same but it's cool. I'm looking thru it as I also type this.

And first question is...who is "Baby K"?

Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    And first question is...who is "Baby K"?
    His granddaughter

+ Reply to Thread