+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New Single: Baby Let's Lay Down and Dance

New Single: Baby Let's Lay Down and Dance

My local radio station just announced the name of the new single. It's "Baby Let's Lay Down and Dance"

Thoughts, heard it?

Anyone heard it yet? I believe it said the song was released at 7 am EST. Been listening. Have yet to hear it.

Gotta say, this wasn't my favorite clip on Studio G. I'm sure the recording will bring it though

Quote Originally Posted by ManAgnstMachine View Post
    Anyone heard it yet? I believe it said the song was released at 7 am EST. Been listening. Have yet to hear it.
    Tomorrow is the worldwide release day, according to the Fritos/GhostTunes promotion. I imagine just about every country station in the United States will play it in the 6-7:30am time frame in their time zone, and probably multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by kirkfitz View Post
    Tomorrow is the worldwide release day, according to the Fritos/GhostTunes promotion. I imagine just about every country station in the United States will play it in the 6-7:30am time frame in their time zone, and probably multiple times.
    I also imagine it will be in heavy rotation on Garth's Sirius channel.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckStreetCowboy View Post
    Gotta say, this wasn't my favorite clip on Studio G. I'm sure the recording will bring it though
    I have to agree. "18" "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" "Weekend" all sounded like songs I'll end up enjoying more, but I'll reserve that right until I hear it in full

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    I also imagine it will be in heavy rotation on Garth's Sirius channel.
    Garth is doing an event for radio tomorrow from Dallas. Storme Warren mentioned it this morning that he would be broadcasting with Garth on 2 stations tomorrow morning (Garth Channel and The Highway). Other terrestrial radio stations also tweeted about heading to Dallas to have dinner with GB tonight and then broadcasting with him tomorrow.

Anybody remember which "Studio G" it was in? I have no memory of that song at all.

Quote Originally Posted by jturtels View Post
    Anybody remember which "Studio G" it was in? I have no memory of that song at all.
    It's the one titled "Where it All Begins"

The part with the Lay Down and Dance starts at about 12:00 minutes in.

Quote Originally Posted by rmila00 View Post
    My local radio station just announced the name of the new single. It's "Baby Let's Lay Down and Dance"
    NAILED IT!!!! i called this .. on october 3rd actually. i wrote about it . i said it would be LAY DOWN AND DANCE http://ultimategarthforum.proboards....ths-new-single
    Alternative :http://ultimategarthforum.proboards.com/
    my garth obsession: https://www.youtube.com/c/ICEPETSQUEEN
    my garth site: http://www.theultimategarthbrookssite.com/

Garth's Twitter account just confirmed the title it seems

I'm getting a bad feeling about this. That's all I got to say on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    I need a "like button" on here... lol, consider this comment liked

It will be an iHeart Radio premiere which means it'll be played at the top of every hour on all iHeart stations.

Wonder what time it'll be added to our GhostTunes libraries?

How come? Is it the title? The snippets we heard on Inside Studio G? or are there other songs we've heard snippets of that you would have preferred? If so, which ones?

How come? Is it the title? The snippets we heard on Inside Studio G? or are there other songs we've heard snippets of that you would have preferred? If so, which ones?
    It sounds a little "bro country," to me. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by coco1997 View Post
    It sounds a little "bro country," to me. Hopefully I'm wrong.
    Okay I was gonna hold the rest of my opinion but what you just said hit the nail on the head if not worse. I fear this song me be a Metro-R&B song in the style of Sam Hunt, Thomas Rhett or even Gary Allan (ala Hangover Tonight). I plan to take a listen just to hope I'm not wrong about what I'm fearing but I hope it doesn't suck.

Well, it's Garth and Victoria Shaw... so I will definitely give it the benefit of the doubt. I'm excited to hear it.

Well, it's Garth and Victoria Shaw... so I will definitely give it the benefit of the doubt. I'm excited to hear it.
    And Hangover Tonight was co-written by Chris Stapleton (not making that up). I'm not trying to start any fights or nothing, I'm just saying that it can go both ways.

I am not excited for it based on the title, however, I do expect more from this song than I do "Weekend". I can't describe how sick I felt when I heard the clip of that one the other night. That song alone sounds like everything I DON'T want this album to be - and I hope it is the exception when compared to the rest of the album. That song sounds like complete bro-country, trucks and drunks music. If that is the direction the music is going to go, then I'm out.

I do hold out hope though, with some of the other clips that've been played. I can even get behind Pure Adrenaline, because it sounds like Garth to me.

Garth releases a classic Garth style song "People Loving People".

HE SHOULD HAVE DONE SOMETHING MODERN!!!!

Garth releases a fun, upbeat bro country song.

HE SHOULD HAVE DONE CLASSIC GARTH!!!

I'm grabbing my two pina coladas and I am just sitting back on this one. Y'all need to just love the man and his musical evolution. It's a blessing to have new music from him.
    #1 Trisha Fan on Planet Garth (But I do love the G-Man too!)

Quote Originally Posted by darkcountry View Post

I'm grabbing my two pina coladas and I am just sitting back on this one. Y'all need to just love the man and his musical evolution. It's a blessing to have new music from him.
    Here, here! Regardless if I love the song, I want G to have another #1 and be at the top of the game again. From the snippet I've heard, this has a much higher chance of being successful than PLP ever did.

For the record: I actually LIKED People Loving People, I thought it was a cross between We Shall Be Free and Standing Outside the Fire and I cannot tell you how angry I got over the idiots that were bashing that song. My opinion it was probably his best one since More Than a Memory.

And I'm sorry if me being picky and opinionated about this genre offends y'all, but by God if I'm smelling a ****-up I'm gonna speak my mind and say it.

I agree. People want it there way. If you want to be played on radio then you have to make something radio will play.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckStreetCowboy View Post
    Here, here! Regardless if I love the song, I want G to have another #1 and be at the top of the game again. From the snippet I've heard, this has a much higher chance of being successful than PLP ever did.
    Agreed. Although I have sometimes disagreed with Garth's business decisions and methods, I have always said that when it comes to his actual music I 100% want him to do it his way. If that means recording No Fences 2, then fine. But if that means recording the complete opposite of No Fences, then that's fine too. As long as he's doing what he's sincerely feeling in the moment, so be it.

Baby Let's Lay Down and Dance, based on nothing but the title, sounds thematically a lot like Ain't Goin' Down, Rollin', or Rodeo or Mexico. So I'm not worried.

Come on people! There is sooooo much positive going on in Garth-land right now, let's not kill the buzz by complaining about photoshopped covers and songs we haven't even heard yet.

Yeah, count me as another person who enjoyed "People Loving People." I just didn't think it was strong enough to be that big comeback single that Garth needed after a thirteen year hiatus. But on its own terms? The song is fine.

The jury is out on this one until I've heard the whole thing. Like I said, I'm picking up that unfortunate "bro country" vibe that I'm personally not a fan of. From a business perspective I understand that Garth needs to appeal to fans of the 2016 definition of popular country music, but I also don't want him to compromise his artistic integrity.

For the record: I actually LIKED People Loving People, I thought it was a cross between We Shall Be Free and Standing Outside the Fire and I cannot tell you how angry I got over the idiots that were bashing that song. My opinion it was probably his best one since More Than a Memory.

And I'm sorry if me being picky and opinionated about this genre offends y'all, but by God if I'm smelling a ****-up I'm gonna speak my mind and say it.
    Electric,

I personally think you are witty and downright dead on most of the time. I have no issues with what you've said. Genre preference varies from one person to the next. My comment was more in line with the uproar the G Man gets from everyone each era. I just found it funny
    #1 Trisha Fan on Planet Garth (But I do love the G-Man too!)

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by GBJR77 View Post
    I am not excited for it based on the title, however, I do expect more from this song than I do "Weekend". I can't describe how sick I felt when I heard the clip of that one the other night. That song alone sounds like everything I DON'T want this album to be - and I hope it is the exception when compared to the rest of the album. That song sounds like complete bro-country, trucks and drunks music. If that is the direction the music is going to go, then I'm out.

I do hold out hope though, with some of the other clips that've been played. I can even get behind Pure Adrenaline, because it sounds like Garth to me.
    Truck n drunks... now THAT's an appropriate 'bro country' label.. (and KRR- a song too )..

I wanna listen to it again, for certain. I will say this much- Garth is insistent on Radio this, radio that.. he's gonna end up tailoring a song to 'fit' radio.. so he'll adapt to radio but not to digital.. (well not yet)
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Man, I hate to be the nitpicker in these things, honestly (despite what some have heard/seen from me before..)

But....

Well put- There are always gonna be those who wish the songs were different...

however....
    .....Y'all need to just love the man and his musical evolution.
    ... Ehh No, we don't.. at least for me, being able to be critical if its' needed, and not being afraid to say I don't love everything about Garth or everything he's done, is much more appropriate.. For me (at least) the shades came off with the original debacle of a retirement.. now that it's in the past... it's in the past... (thankfully!!)

It's a blessing to have new music from him.
    Amen, and Amen- I 100% agree with this
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

+ Reply to Thread