+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Yankee Stadium Directv Special

Quote Originally Posted by Garthoholic24 View Post
    Calm down dude we don't have to share it at all but me Skywise are gonna try and get it uploaded for evey one to see it or download it
    That would be amazing, thank you for your generosity!

Quote Originally Posted by Garthoholic24 View Post
    Calm down dude we don't have to share it at all but me Skywise are gonna try and get it uploaded for evey one to see it or download it
    Well I'm sorry for asking

I'll still have to wait for an official release probably, downloading with Hughes Net is a joke.

**Removed by Garthmedic**
    Last edited by Garthoholic24; 11-13-2016 at 03:34 PM.
    When we're free to love anyone we choose, when this world's big enough for all different views When we all can worship from our own kind of pew, then we shall be free

Note to our newer members: We do not allow, condone, nor do we encourage file sharing of copyrighted material on the Forum.

Thanks for your understanding.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    was anyone there at the show itself? what wasn't shown on TV? I know maybe requests? according to setlist.fm the show on the 8th (which is what I think was taped) was done it its entirety and if that's the case... really cool thing to have seen!
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

I thought the stage was very cool. Trish looked amazing. Wasn't as cool as Live from Central Park, but I don't think anyone will ever beat that, including himself. Typical Garth concert all in all, which is always very cool indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    was anyone there at the show itself? what wasn't shown on TV? I know maybe requests? according to setlist.fm the show on the 8th (which is what I think was taped) was done it its entirety and if that's the case... really cool thing to have seen!
    I watched both shows as they happened through Periscope. I have yet to watch the full DirecTV version, but what I did see looked really nice - I can see why they chose to air the first night, since the lights/screens were more vibrant and active. The second night (the 'rain night') there were times the screens weren't utilized, possibly due to the more off the cuff nature of that show.

During the first night they took a bit and did the intro to a 'new song', where Garth and Jimmy took turns running different directions on the giant circle thing. The song itself was never actually played, just the intro bit. He had the crowd do a modified wave, from one side to another. I am assuming the whole thing was a failed experiment as it was stopped pretty quick and the show moved on.

Just looked shortly into it, two things i realized:
    When he originally came on the stage, he said "Hello New York" twice before he starts with "Aint going down". The second "Hello" was cut off.
    During the song, when he was running in the original version you could hear that he is out of breath. In the movie you dont hear that.
    In one of the early Studio G episodes he told that they are working on the sound, playing it again in the studio, maybe even putting his voice
    in a better shape on the audio line. Dont know if i like that. It looses some kind of authenticity in my opinion. But no complaints - the show was
    great.
    But the second was even better because of the rain he had to change the whole evening. That was a once in a lifetime night that will never
    happen again, so that was even more worth filming it, at least for the extra part of an hopefully upcoming DVD / Blue Ray.

I was fortunate to have been there both nights. I don't think they utilized hardly any footage from the 2nd night, if at all. The 2nd night's show didn't start until midnight and it was definitely cool, but different due to all of the rainfall. They didn't use the ramps much or do any of the "freak show" they usually do. I can also tell because it started to rain a bit the first night during "FILP."

I don't have Direct TV so I'm hoping the show does eventually get released. I watched online and saw him wave to me during "Papa Loved Mama." That was definitely exciting for me!
    "Just keep taking chances and having fun."

Looks like the special is going to be rebroadcast

Thursday 11/24 at 4:00pm
    Sunday 11/27 at 6:00am (yes, that's AM)
    Tuesday 11/29 at 6:00am (again, yes... am)

Was the show ever made available to those of us outside of the USA?

In the USA, the best country in the world
    I dont know that it was made available via commercial/legal means, but I know it's 'out there', and collectors have it in their possession (even if we haven't updated our collections lately )
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

I bet the DEVIL knows where it can be found. I bet the Devil also knows its the full show.

Am I being clear, enough. :-)

Gotcha. Thanks guys.

clear?

I am afraid I am not that religious...can you pm me?

Quote Originally Posted by mvhuenen View Post
    I am afraid I am not that religious...can you pm me?
    Ive pm you.

The devil thing was a reference that Garth made to a video sharing site.

Right, I remember that interview just did not connect it with this discussion! thanks!

Could not find it where the devil lurks. Please PM me the devilish link. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by CBooUF View Post
    Could not find it where the devil lurks. Please PM me the devilish link. Thanks.
    Cool, done it.

Thanks. They have it blocked in the US, so I can't watch it.

+ Reply to Thread