+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankee Stadium Directv Special

Yankee Stadium Directv Special

According to Garth's instagram, the Yankee Stadium show will be broadcast on Directv/ATT platforms on Thursday November 10.
    Last edited by DuckStreetCowboy; 10-07-2016 at 10:28 AM.

Sounds like there will be major promotion on this thing including "special Garth Brooks ticket giveaways for AT&T customers, behind the scenes coverage of Garth's road to the 7th diamond, and retail tie-ins at AT&T stores nationwide".

http://themusicuniverse.com/att-gart...-live-concert/

Wow, that's awesome. Garth really is going ALL out for this "second" comeback!

So basically if you're outside the US, or don't have direct TV and want to watch this you're SOL. That's cool.

I'm in the US and have never had DirectTV. I had cable up until a few months ago when I decided Netflix and Hulu are all I needed or wanted.

I'm sure some enterprising mind will record it on a DVR and put it out, I've gotten tons of non related Garth shows that way.

But the goal is for Garth to put out his first ever bluray set with this baby as the selling point!

Here is the official press release:
    http://about.att.com/story/garth_bro...dium_live.html

Eh, any chance we can get this online?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveStrick View Post
    So basically if you're outside the US, or don't have direct TV and want to watch this you're SOL. That's cool.
    It sucks, yes, but this is the world we live in today... exclusive deals with services for this and that, laws/agreements etc. restricting where what can be seen when. It's crazy. I must say though, finally, I catch a break... I'm a DirecTV and ATT Wireless customer and can't wait to see it. However, due to its timing, I have a feeling this will be included in The Ultimate Collection.

Thankfully we have DirecTV at our house but I would just like to say: From my personal experience, their internet service is quite possibly the worst internet on the planet. We recently moved back to our old local cable internet service and it's a hundred times better than AT&T.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    Thankfully we have DirecTV at our house but I would just like to say: From my personal experience, their internet service is quite possibly the worst internet on the planet. We recently moved back to our old local cable internet service and it's a hundred times better than AT&T.
    I never had a problem with U-verse but where I live currently they don't offer it.

I have a feeling the Yankee Stadium Special will be a part of the Target Box Set. It releases the next day!
    Matt
    "Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire"-GB

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Man- wouldnt ever get DirecTV or ATT u-verse, etc.. I've heard too many stories of issues/problems- kinda a mini slap in the face for those who don't have it, but I guess it's unavoidable.. Garth - not cool. On the flip side, gives peeps a reason to seek it out online / through sources-= that's where I'll be I guess
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

ATT customer service can be a nightmare but I've never had a problem with their cable services only internet.

Garth's Team posted this earlier in the comments on his facebook
    Thank you all for your feedback. Rest assured we are working with AT&T to explore additional ways for all garth fans to watch the concert - Team Garth
    When we're free to love anyone we choose, when this world's big enough for all different views When we all can worship from our own kind of pew, then we shall be free

That means there has to be a DVD.

you'd like to think so, but I won't hold my breath waiting for anything, till we see more...info wise

Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    That means there has to be a DVD.

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

It wasn't shot in 4K to be only a DirectTV special. Wouldn't make sense. My guess is it's sold as a standalone 4K Ultra HD disc in AT&T stores only.

We are two weeks out and I'm at an AT&T corporate store in CA and there's no mention of Garth anywhere. The reps also told me you had to have DirecTV to see the concert or the new DirecTV mobile app coming out. Let's hope Garth's team is working still to make this widely available.

Let's also hope that, if ATT drops the ball so to speak, that someone with directTV will be able to record it and then share it with others

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Only way I could watch the concert is if someone let's me use their Direct tv id and password.

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    Let's also hope that, if ATT drops the ball so to speak, that someone with directTV will be able to record it and then share it with others
    I guarantee that'll happen and if it does I'll post it here (if not allowed I can send via PM).

Quote Originally Posted by CER956 View Post
    I guarantee that'll happen and if it does I'll post it here (if not allowed I can send via PM).
    Thanks, CER956! That would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by CER956 View Post
    Please PM me once you have this done for sure and thanks
    When we're free to love anyone we choose, when this world's big enough for all different views When we all can worship from our own kind of pew, then we shall be free

No problem but just to clear up I personally won't be taping it as I don't have Direct TV but I know an enterprising person who probably will.

I'll confirm as soon as I know more.

I have DirecTV and I will if they fall through, just let me know. If you want to check with them if they plan to CER I can plan accordingly for our PG family :-) I've been with DTV for almost 4 years and they got decent service out here in the boonies
    #1 Trisha Fan on Planet Garth (But I do love the G-Man too!)

Quote Originally Posted by darkcountry View Post
    I have DirecTV and I will if they fall through, just let me know. If you want to check with them if they plan to CER I can plan accordingly for our PG family :-) I've been with DTV for almost 4 years and they got decent service out here in the boonies
    If you can get it please PM with it once you have it thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darkcountry View Post
    I'll take the PM, too, when you get it. Thanks!

Id love it too please - aussie fan left behind hahah

I live up in the mountains and cannot get Direct because ofbthe trees. Would love a copy too please

I will and will PM you guys too on the 10th.
    #1 Trisha Fan on Planet Garth (But I do love the G-Man too!)

+ Reply to Thread