+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Sirius radio

In the USA, the best country in the world
    I have it recorded too.. (I do have the encore as well, though it was fan recorded off youtube so the quality is a tiny bit different than the Ryman show itself)
    Last edited by Skywise; 09-18-2016 at 12:50 PM. Reason: My bad grammar
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

So after a couple of weeks of listening, are there any songs from the catalog (besides those from The Lost Sessions and the Chris Gaines album) that haven't been played even once?

For example, so far I've never heard them play "I Know One," "In Lonesome Dove," "Cowboy Cadillac," "Take the Keys to my Heart" "Pushing Up Daisies," or "She's Tired of Boys."

I'm not saying these songs haven't been played, just that in all my listening, I've never heard them.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post

For example, so far I've never heard them play "I Know One," "In Lonesome Dove," "Cowboy Cadillac," "Take the Keys to my Heart" "Pushing Up Daisies," or "She's Tired of Boys."

I just heard She's Tired of Boys yesterday. They have played Lonesome Dove and Pushing up Daisies.
    You know failure isn't failure
    If a lesson from it's learned

So after a couple of weeks of listening, are there any songs from the catalog (besides those from The Lost Sessions and the Chris Gaines album) that haven't been played even once?

I'm not saying these songs haven't been played, just that in all my listening, I've never heard them.

I've heard both "In Lonesome Dove" and "I Know One" a couple times. "Pushing Up Daisies" once.

Finally heard "The Storm" the other night.

Tonight's songwriters show from the Bluebird was amazing. Did anyone happen to record it? If so, please pm me. I would love a copy.

They are doing an encore airing of it Tuesday Oct 4 at 12:00 Noon Eastern Time.

how long was the show? I'll be teaching tomorrow but I MAY (MAY, not guaranteed) be able to record it...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I don't know how long it was, since I started listening in the middle. But I doubt the replay at noon tomorrow will be the only time it's going to be on again. So if you miss it, you'll likely have another chance.

I would love it too. Cant get it in australia

It was played last again last night, not long after the show. Again this morning. All three times I wasn't expecting it, so couldn't record it. But I will try to record this evening.

Yes!! It appears to have recorded- will have to clean up things first.... but it looks like Iwas able to get it- its about 90m long I think

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Looking forward to catching it on the radio!

song writers at bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    Yes!! It appears to have recorded- will have to clean up things first.... but it looks like Iwas able to get it- its about 90m long I think
    I only caught bits and pieces of listening to the event in my vechiel as i am driving to and from work, so far what i heard is amazing . I would to hear the whole show in its entirety.
    if you have that in digital for please send it to me.

Thanks so much

I listened today; 2.5 hours in all. What a great show.
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

What were some of the highlights as far as what songs he did? Any rare ones?

Quote Originally Posted by jturtels View Post
    What were some of the highlights as far as what songs he did? Any rare ones?
    Nothing all that rare. Basically the 4 songwriters would each take a turn doing a song they wrote with/for Garth.

The highlights for me...
    - The interactions between everyone. They seemed to all get along and appreciate their relationship with Garth. Also each seemed to have lots of love for Kim Williams (his guitar was on stage, and his wife in the audience)
    - Victoria Shaw's daughter singing a verse of The River
    - Thunder Rolls - I knew that Tanya Tucker was the original artist the song was written for. I knew that she had told Garth & Pat Alger that the song wasn't finished. I didn't know that they had requested that "someone had to die"...
    - Garth's vision - before the first album is out, he is telling his songwriter's that certain songs would be on his 2nd or 3rd album. He really seemed to have a vision of how everything would flow.

Thanks! I haven't heard it yet either and this made for a cool read and gave me a good impression of it.
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

Just heard Allison Miranda for the first time on the Sirius channel. It even showed the Limited Series II box as cover art. So far that's only the third Lost Sessions track I've heard played on the station, along with Good Ride Cowboy (which I guess now is technically on Scarecrow) and Fishin' in the Dark (which I guess is now on BIAOMR).

And now just heard "I'd Rather Have Nothing" (and again it showed the Limited Series II box as the album artwork)

Seems the Lost Sessions tunes are finally getting added into the rotation.

I accidentally let my trial period lapse and paid for a second month. Bleh. I called to cancel today and the process was not fun.

I was loving his station up until a few days ago when I heard Luke Bryan...

It is playing a lot less Garth these days, but it's a format in flux. So we'll see how it goes in the next month or two.

However, I don't mind its mixture of contemporary and classic artists. So I say whatever. I don't love Luke Bryan, but I can just switch the station whenever one of his songs comes up.

hate to say it, but I think I'm thinking the same thing, Emerald..

It is playing a lot less Garth these days, but it's a format in flux. So we'll see how it goes in the next month or two.

However, I don't mind its mixture of contemporary and classic artists. So I say whatever. I don't love Luke Bryan, but I can just switch the station whenever one of his songs comes up.
    Still, It's monumentally better than what's infecting the airwaves of country music nowadays

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Wow... Sirius just played Trisha's live version of "She's in Love With a Boy" from the BIAOMR Wynn DVD.

It even kept going as Garth started to introduce "The Call" but cut off and went to Jason Aldean before the song actually started.

I heard that too...nice suprise...something different

Wow... Sirius just played Trisha's live version of "She's in Love With a Boy" from the BIAOMR Wynn DVD.

It even kept going as Garth started to introduce "The Call" but cut off and went to Jason Aldean before the song actually started.
    I heard that too and was hoping it would continue. I was disappointed when Jason Aldean came on.

Paula

Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

Whiskey to Wine right now

Quote Originally Posted by nyyankfanken View Post
    Whiskey to Wine right now
    Studio version?

I heard the live version from the Ryman yesterday!
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

Yeah the live version from the Ryman has been in heavy rotation the Last few days

I don't understand the decision to,start playing less Garth...I mean, it is the Garth Channel. I feel like nearly every time I flip over to it, it's another artist.

+ Reply to Thread