+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 20 USA cities left on tour

20 USA cities left on tour

Touring the States until November 2017.

Then Europe.

Then Australia.

No mention of New Zealand. :-( :-( :-(

20 cities left with an average about two cities a month. Giving him extra time off at Christmas time, those 20 cities brings us to June 2017, which is a good time for an Ireland outdoor concert followed by Europe and then Australia in spring/summer in late 2017.

What i'd like to know, what sized venues would he be playing in Europe. Country music isn't very big in Europe, is Garth as big in Europe as he is in Ireland. I would love to see him in a smaller venue and I think Europe might be it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    20 cities left with an average about two cities a month. Giving him extra time off at Christmas time, those 20 cities brings us to June 2017, which is a good time for an Ireland outdoor concert followed by Europe and then Australia in spring/summer in late 2017.

What i'd like to know, what sized venues would he be playing in Europe. Country music isn't very big in Europe, is Garth as big in Europe as he is in Ireland. I would love to see him in a smaller venue and I think Europe might be it.
    His NZ concert was great in 1994, he played in like a circus tent that held 5 thousand people. The place went off.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    His NZ concert was great in 1994, he played in like a circus tent that held 5 thousand people. The place went off.
    Wow, that's amazing. I done a search a few months ago and found out that the venue he played in Germany in 1994 held about 1 thousand. I'm not sure how reliable that source was but that would be incredible and so small. So I'm definitely looking at seeing him somewhere in Europe because i don't think he'll fill a venue half of what he's doing now in the states.

Oh, I can't wait for that European part!!! I so hope that he will do various cities throughout Europe! I only saw him in Rotterdam, The Netherlands in 1994. That venue held about 9'000 people, I think. I also hope that the pre-sale will open WAY in advance, so that I can plan my travels around Europe too!
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

Quote Originally Posted by Lowland_Kid View Post
    Oh, I can't wait for that European part!!! I so hope that he will do various cities throughout Europe! I only saw him in Rotterdam, The Netherlands in 1994. That venue held about 9'000 people, I think. I also hope that the pre-sale will open WAY in advance, so that I can plan my travels around Europe too!
    I'll be travelling Europe as well when he gets here. I intend to go to at least two, maybe three cities. I hope all the cities are announced together, not six weeks in advance like what he's doing now. I'd like to plan my holiday around the European schedule, instead of one city at a time.

Just off the top of my head....
    -Nashville
    -Make up show in Florida
    -OKC (He mentioned playing there in interviews. Also hasn't been there since the tornado relief concert.)
    -Kansas City (He opened the arena a few years ago).

That leaves 16. Can anyone think of other definite stops?

Seattle/ TACOMA

Anywhere Pokemon leads him

He'll want to make up Tampa but also want to play Orlando, too.

hes not played in indiana. would be nice if he did. hes played several stops in surrounding states though so may not happen. maybe south bend again?

There hasn't been a Virginia stop yet.... Richmond/Hampton Roads/Charlottesville/Roanoke stop is almost a sure thing.

he's also barely touched Canada, having only done 4 cities.
    There's still gotta be big cities like Toronto,Vancouver,Montreal, Edmonton and Calgary. at the songwriters thing in vegas he said he'd be back in Calgary. that better also mean Edmonton too. he did both in 96. and since Calgary got him 4yrs ago, I would certainly hope he thinks of Edmonton first.

I'd say Edmonton would be a good bet.

Agreed, I highly doubt he is done in Canada, specifically in Western Canada. I think Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver all get shows. Doubt he will touch Toronto as his Hamilton show(s) captured Hamilton, Toronto and London centres.

I am a bit lost. When/where was this mentioned?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Touring the States until November 2017.

Then Europe.

Then Australia.

No mention of New Zealand. :-( :-( :-(

Quote Originally Posted by gbfevernorway View Post
    I am a bit lost. When/where was this mentioned?
    He spoke about it in an interview over the weekend

I don't know why I'm getting my hopes up for a European tpur next year. He has always said that he has seen the tour until the end of 2017.

So he can tour Europe after that but i don't think Ireland will be included if he plays early 2018. There isn't a venue big enough for him unless he plays a stadium gig and that will only happen in the summer time.

2018 is fine with me too. As long as he is coming this way!

Source??

Quote Originally Posted by parlevoo View Post
    Source??
    Quote Originally Posted by djryan View Post
    He spoke about it in an interview over the weekend
    Source??

Possible cities left to play: Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Indianapolis, Seattle, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Maine/Newfoundland/Nova Scotia, Cheyenne (wouldn't miss another Frontier Days), Albuquerque, OKC, Washington D.C., Kansas City, Providence?, Tampa make up, and Nashville. These are just my guesses. Only time will tell...
    "Just keep taking chances and having fun."

Quote Originally Posted by GarthdaMan View Post
    Possible cities left to play: Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Indianapolis, Seattle, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Maine/Newfoundland/Nova Scotia, Cheyenne (wouldn't miss another Frontier Days), Albuquerque, OKC, Washington D.C., Kansas City, Providence?, Tampa make up, and Nashville. These are just my guesses. Only time will tell...
    I think Baltimore was the Wash DC show.

Last tour he did Orlando, no reason he should skip it this time that I can think of.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by GarthdaMan View Post
    Not gonna happen this year, at Cheyenne at least... (their lineup kinda stinks this year actually..) (except for KISS, but having seen them in Cheyenne already- don't need to make the trip again)
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    I think Baltimore was the Wash DC show.
    Bummer... I have friends in DC. I would so go! (I cannot complain though, because I did go to Baltimore!)

Quote Originally Posted by Lowland_Kid View Post
    Bummer... I have friends in DC. I would so go! (I cannot complain though, because I did go to Baltimore!)
    If I recall, you went to all 5 shows in Baltimore... with spectacular super close seats at each show, right? I still wish I knew how you did it.

Garth talks about places where he wants to tour and go back to, beginning at 26:31 in this interview, including New Zealand - http://build.aol.com/video/577ed3e8869ea9572f646f96/

Haven't found the interview that Brett heard.

Paula

Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Garth talks about places where he wants to tour and go back to, beginning at 26:31 in this interview, including New Zealand - http://build.aol.com/video/577ed3e8869ea9572f646f96/

Paula
    That's a good interview.. I'm delighted that he said he'd love to get back to Ireland. It was the first place he mentioned.

If New Zealand & Australia are on the menu, then here is my theory.

He will hit some more of the U.S. cities previously mentioned, although I also think Anaheim, CA may get something this year, since I believe he said all the U.S. cities from the last tour, would be played, and Anaheim had shows. He also could play 1 or 2 of the Canadian cities not yet played, and it would make more sense for anything in Canada to be prior to October. He'll wrap it up just before Thanksgiving.

Some more in the U.S. during January? Does South America get anything, because if so, those could slot in during early '17, but Australia & New Zealand will be in the midst of their summer, so it would make sense for those to show up during that time frame. Next up, Europe. April - Early-July, would be my guess. Ending with an Ireland tour perhaps? If he continues his weekend only scheduling, that could easily cover 3 weekends.

Then a little break, before finishing up remaining U.S. and Canada business, from Mid-August through Early-November. O.K., so in my alternate reality, I imagine him wrapping it all up with a show in Central Park to mark the 20 year Anniversary.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post

Paula
    OH MY GOD!!!

I now have hope!!!

Didnt hear that before.

YEHAAA!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread