+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: *SPOILER ALERT* - Reviews for Las Vegas Shows

*SPOILER ALERT* - Reviews for Las Vegas Shows

Post your reviews and experiences from the Las Vegas shows here.

Paula

Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

Last night

Great show last night. 2 openers. First was Mitch Rossell. New artist, started at 7:15. I REALLY liked him. He only sang 3 songs, but I was impressed. Def going to find out more info about him. Karen did her usual set. Garth didnt come out until 8:30. Long break between Karens set & his-not sure why.

Setlist was the same as other shows. Crowd was good, but there were quite a few empty seats. The encore was awesome. All sign requests.

Wild Horses
    Wrapped Up In You
    Somewhere Other Than The Night
    She's Every Woman
    The Cowboy Song
    To Make You Feel My Love
    Amarillo By Morning
    More Than a Memory
    Standing Outside The Fire

I'd never heard some of those at a show before so that was awesome. LOVED gearing MTAM. The woman who requested it had a sign with AZ n old photo I believe of an old picture of her and GGarth. By the way, anyone going to the other shows, apparently they aren't enforcing the 11x17 rule for the signs.

Show finished at 10:45. He mentioned several times that it was being recorded. I'm going again tonight, one section closer than last night. I decided last night these shows are like a drug for me - I get such a high. lolololol. Thats why I keep going.

What did Trisha sing?

She sang the usual songs. In anothers Eyes, How Do I Live, Prizefighter, Shes in Love With the boy. She was dressed very sparkly for Vegas.

No walkaway joe?

Thanks for the review! I feel the same when I go to his concerts... definitely give me a HUGE high!
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

No Walkaway Joe on Friday night.

Gotta say, last night's show was amazing. Definitely rivaled the San Jose show earlier this year that was so amazing.

Started even later than Friday. I arrived just before 8:00 and Mitch hadn't even finished his set. Garth finally came out around 9:00. Before he did, someone came out to talk about the show being recorded and that it would be another tv special. (I think he said he was directing it) Said there would be cameras everywhere, abd even if you weren't on the big screen, you were on camera.

He had us cheer a couple times, talked about parts of the show, like the kiss cam. Generally just tried to get the crowd fired up.

The crowd was really loud. Set list was the same as the night before except he added If Tomorrow Never Comes. Garth was on fire-really fed off the excitement/noise from the crowd.

He took sign requests as usual during the encore. They were:

She's Every Woman
    To Make You Feel My Love
    Piano Man
    Learning to Live Again

Then he brought Trisha back out to sing Walkaway Joe. (another sign request)

Cute moment before she started-Garth asked her if he could be honest, and told her it was his favorite of her songs. She asked if she could be honest, and said "you're gorgeous". lololol

Garth finished up with:
    Night Moves
    Much Too Young
    Standing Outside the Fire

He and the band took their bows, and left the stage. But, the crowd went so crazy, Garth turned around to sing one more, American Pie.

At some point during the encores he paused to talk about the special he's doing, mentioned tge past ones, and how much they mean to him. Said they are a compilation of several shows, and when doing these, they hope for a "base" show to start with and said they got that tonight.

One of my favorite moments was during the intro to Shameless. He walked over to one side of the stage and did this little "dance" is how i'd describe it, just shaking his hips back & forth. Hd was having a great time.

Sorry if I'm rambling, buf it was such a great show. I envy all going next weekend. Have a great time!

missed one b/c I couldn't read my writing. he sang More Than a Memory too.

are the sign requests mostly those close by like on the floor? I have decent seats in the lower levels 16 and 5 (more than halfway up those levels). I'd love to make one, though I don't like big ones as I don't like being in peoples way. so I'm just not sure if he'd even seen a small one where I am.

I sat in section 6 last night, and it was pretty far from the stage. Most of the signs he took the requests from seemed to be either close on the floor, or 1 or 2 sections from the stage. But then I didnt see a lot of signs in the other sections. You might be ok with a bigger sign-maybe just bring it out for the encore if you dont want to bother other people.

So glad you had a great time. Thanks for the review. I always loving reading the reviews

i decided to get a ticket for Saturday too.
    it's sec 19 though, so behind the stage. ugh.
    but oh well. better than being far away I guess. and the other shows I'm doing are good ones anyway. maybe i'll do a request sign this night if he turns around to look.

I'd give it s shot. He does run around the stage so he might see it. you never know.

btw, i'm hearinv Garth did some kind of impromptu show at the Cosmopolitan on Saturday night. Reeeeeeally didnt need to hea rd that AFTER the fact. Breaks my heart I didn't go.

I'll be attending my very first Garth concert this Saturday (7/2) in Las Vegas alongside visiting family and I cant wait. I'll be sitting in section 19, row z, which is the closest to a concert stage I've ever been to.

http://www.garthbrookslasvegas.com/s...016_489804.gif

I'll be sitting in Section 19, Row Z

Hope I can see myself on the screen lol.
    Last edited by Matt B.; 06-27-2016 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt B. View Post
    http://www.garthbrookslasvegas.com/s...016_489804.gif

I'll be sitting in Section 19, Row Z

Hope I can see myself on the screen lol.
    Matt B. have a great time!! How fun to go to your 1st Garth concert. Hope you get on the screen-I have yet to.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyCAgirl View Post
    I'd give it s shot. He does run around the stage so he might see it. you never know.

btw, i'm hearinv Garth did some kind of impromptu show at the Cosmopolitan on Saturday night. Reeeeeeally didnt need to hea rd that AFTER the fact. Breaks my heart I didn't go.
    I searched the internet in the hope of the same thing this weekend. There's another this weekend but its sold out. Absolutely sickening how I'm missing out on this.

https://www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com...gn=GarthBrooks

Saw a video of the opening of the Vegas show from last weekend...looks like Garth wasn't wearing the sunglasses at the beginning. Can anybody that was at the shows speak to it? I kinda hope he lost the glasses. Wasn't a big fan of them (along with he cover for MAM).

Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    I searched the internet in the hope of the same thing this weekend. There's another this weekend but its sold out. Absolutely sickening how I'm missing out on this.

would've been nice if we had gotten a heads up on it.

I am so excited. I'm getting ready and packing now and leaving tonight. Way too excited, I'm on such a high.

Quote Originally Posted by jturtels View Post
    Saw a video of the opening of the Vegas show from last weekend...looks like Garth wasn't wearing the sunglasses at the beginning. Can anybody that was at the shows speak to it? I kinda hope he lost the glasses. Wasn't a big fan of them (along with he cover for MAM).
    The sunglasses never made an appearance at the Winnipeg shows. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by SteveStrick View Post
    The sunglasses never made an appearance at the Winnipeg shows. Lol
    Where's the "thumbs up" emoji. :-)

im here now! just got a ticket!

Quote Originally Posted by canadiangirl View Post
    im here now! just got a ticket!
    Ha ha, i showed up hoping to get a ticket as well, i had to chance it. I got a ticket for $19. I would have spent five times as much.

This was the best ever. To see him in such a small room. It was brilliant. I got a few pictures and videos, not the best quality.

I didn't get any videos at the T-Mobile as thats being recorded, and I lost myself in it. I got about two pictures of him smiling on the screen. I love his smile.

Ha ha, i showed up hoping to get a ticket as well, i had to chance it. I got a ticket for $19. I would have spent five times as much.

This was the best ever. To see him in such a small room. It was brilliant. I got a few pictures and videos, not the best quality.

I didn't get any videos at the T-Mobile as thats being recorded, and I lost myself in it. I got about two pictures of him smiling on the screen. I love his smile.
    yeah that was really neat to be a part of. there were songs i honestly didnt know. and to hear even some unfinished songs and stories behind songs, very cool. im glad i went last minute to check. i wasnt going to.
    and fantastic concert tonight. 245 long! the guy that requested strokes was right beside me. i had my AHBA sign which garth did acknowledge during summer.
    it was a great day!

What an encore/House Cleaning...

Fever
    In Lonesome Dove
    The Change
    When You Come Back to Me Again
    Piano Man
    Red Strokes
    It Was Your Song
    She's Tired of Boys
    Amarillo by Morning
    Mom
    American Pie

I know some people that went and I am SOOO Happy for all of you.. Seeing him witht he Song writers has to be awesome!
    Enjoy it all for me! - Valerie

I was not there, but I sure wish I had been there. Rumors has it that at the late show yesterday he did these in the encore:

Alabama Clay
    Which One of Them
    Every Now and Then
    Wrapped up in You
    You Move Me
    Night Moves
    TMYFML
    Piano Man
    We Shall Be Free
    Much Too Young (TFTDO)

At the late show Sunday, will post more later, have to recover and get ready for tonight's show - but yes, he played ALL of those songs!!!

Awesome!

+ Reply to Thread