+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 74

Thread: New York -Yankee Stadium

  1. #31
    My hunch is announcing new album, first single will debut at NYC shows, watch Facebook Live in coming weeks for taped installments on album process (remember he said he was working with Facebook on doing the videostreaming a little different = i.e. pre-recorded).

  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by jturtels View Post
    Any thoughts on what it could be? TV details? New album news?

    Hopefully not an announcement that there will be another announcement! Ha
    Does anyone have the skinny on how to get into the press conference? My wife and I are flying in from Vegas and will be around. Do we need to start applying for temp work at local radio stations on arrival?

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by CBooUF View Post
    My hunch is announcing new album, first single will debut at NYC shows, watch Facebook Live in coming weeks for taped installments on album process (remember he said he was working with Facebook on doing the videostreaming a little different = i.e. pre-recorded).
    Good thoughts. I've been thinking that there could be some sort of Live album too....Vegas to New York or something like that. Maybe an exclusive Ghost Tunes thing or something? Way out there..just a thought.

  4. #34
    Awesome, Just been at the general thread forum and read about an announcement, gotta be Album news!!

  5. #35
    Couple things we haven't talked about in regards to New York:

    1) How different do you think this show will actually be? Obviously stage will be different...but what about setlist? Think he opens with MAM? What about his entrance?
    2) What about special guests? Think there would be any? Couple predictions....Billy Joel has a concert in PA on Saturday, but nothing Friday night. Also, maybe James Taylor? Garth did kinda mention that he's on the new album.
    3) I am shocked that Garth isn't schedule to be on Jimmy Fallon this week. I think they're doing reruns right now anyway, but I really kinda thought he'd make some sort of late-night appearance somewhere...even if not Jimmy Fallon. Thought maybe he'd even do a morning deal with CBS or something. Seems strange that it didn't happen.

  6. #36
    If anyone has a Citi card this is an amazing deal! -- https://www.citiprivatepass.com/land...xperience.html

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    168
    Quote Originally Posted by jturtels View Post
    Couple things we haven't talked about in regards to New York:

    1) How different do you think this show will actually be? Obviously stage will be different...but what about setlist? Think he opens with MAM? What about his entrance?
    2) What about special guests? Think there would be any? Couple predictions....Billy Joel has a concert in PA on Saturday, but nothing Friday night. Also, maybe James Taylor? Garth did kinda mention that he's on the new album.
    3) I am shocked that Garth isn't schedule to be on Jimmy Fallon this week. I think they're doing reruns right now anyway, but I really kinda thought he'd make some sort of late-night appearance somewhere...even if not Jimmy Fallon. Thought maybe he'd even do a morning deal with CBS or something. Seems strange that it didn't happen.
    Personally, I think it will be about the same, few tweaks here and there. I imagine there will be a special guest or two..not too much into predicting whom they will be. All the late night shows are on vacation this week. With the Vegas shows basically just wrapping up, I don't think it was feasible to do much of anything else other than just getting to New York. Garth said this morning he hadn't even made it to New York yet to see the stage and to rehearse on the full stage

  8. #38

    Stage!

    I won't post them as to not spoil for people who don't want to see, but the New York stage has popped up on Twitter. Just search #GarthBrooks. Looks unbelievable. Looks like a space ship that could take off!

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    604
    Good chance of no rain on friday and saturday night?

  10. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by jturtels View Post
    I won't post them as to not spoil for people who don't want to see, but the New York stage has popped up on Twitter. Just search #GarthBrooks. Looks unbelievable. Looks like a space ship that could take off!
    A helicopter landing pad is what it looks like. Definitely looks like Central Park meets the U2 Vertigo stage.

  11. #41
    Didn't Garth say they had been trying out in-ear monitors to get ready for "an event" that they would need them? I think that was before Yankee Stadium was announced. Thinking he'll be wearing those in these shows?

  12. #42
    Yep for those going the stage looks amazing from what I seen from a tweet on twitter.

  13. #43

    Guests...

    Looks like there are going to be special guests at these shows.

  14. #44
    Who???

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Levittown, PA
    Posts
    36
    My only guess would be Billy Joel could show up tonight. Only a guess. He can't do it tomorrow night because he is playing in my area - Philadelphia.

  16. #46
    Can we get a setlist posted? The one I found on setlist.fm says he didn't do Unanswered Prayers....no way that's accurate, is it?

  17. #47
    On a side note, today's final FB live was really really cool. When he looked at the camera and said, "Let's play ball, shall we?" before rising up....so so cool!

  18. #48

  19. #49

  20. #50
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    168
    If you search for user PPR on Periscope, you will find at least 4 live scoped videos from last night. Very good quality and long... very enjoyable

  21. #51
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Arlington, Tx.
    Posts
    1,000
    He didn't do We Shall Be Free when he was in Dallas. But he did it in Houston. Guess even he needs some variety

  22. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    56

    Yankee Stadium

    The List on setlist.fm is right. It was a very Short Show. Just 21 Songs (incl. 3 Trisha and 4 accoustic encores). The Show itself was great, Stage awesome. The sound was good in the Field section but heard it should habe been in the back. The length was really disappointing if you See how Long he plays on normal Arena Shows. He says "I could do that all Night Long" but ends up after 100 Minutes.
    I am writing this while i am waiting on the Start of Show Number 2. but due to Bad weather conditions its delayed. They even evacuate the Field. Aaaaarrrggghhh

  23. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by 18hundert48 View Post
    The List on setlist.fm is right. It was a very Short Show. Just 21 Songs (incl. 3 Trisha and 4 accoustic encores). The Show itself was great, Stage awesome. The sound was good in the Field section but heard it should habe been in the back. The length was really disappointing if you See how Long he plays on normal Arena Shows. He says "I could do that all Night Long" but ends up after 100 Minutes.
    I am writing this while i am waiting on the Start of Show Number 2. but due to Bad weather conditions its delayed. They even evacuate the Field. Aaaaarrrggghhh
    Yeah they can't let them play with a storm. He's on Twitter and telling people to be patient. That when the storm passes he will play

  24. #54
    Garth cant control the weather, good on him for waiting and not cancelling, he should be applauded, if it ends up being cancelled though, he may take a fair bit of heat, from making people
    wait for this long. Wasnt there a COPA soccer match that got delayed by weather for a couple of hours not so long ago?

  25. #55
    A three hour delayed so far, I hope so much for the people there that it goes ahead.

  26. #56
    Over three hours late, ACCORDING TO TWITTER the stadium has stop selling concessions, one person on twitter thinks its going to be cancelled (nothing official) people are starting
    to say on Twitter, that he should just play or cancel now. Hes going to take some serious heat here.

    BUT IT ANIT HIS FAULT. HE CANT CONTROL WEATHER.

  27. #57
    REPORTS coming in the show is going to start. (this is from people on twitter, not from a official source)

  28. #58
    The show has started. watching on persicope, garth sounds upset for the fans, explaining things,a lot of people have left.

  29. #59
    Garths getting into it!! saying things will be different tonight. someone on periscope is filming it.

  30. #60
    This may be Garth's best concert ever, memorizing, its like parts of his vegas one man show, he just sang you move me. Thank you periscope.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts