+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New York -Yankee Stadium

New York -Yankee Stadium

July 9th. Wow!

Ohh, I want to do a detour coming home from Vegas and spend a night in New York.

Saturday July 9, 2016
    8:30pm

Yankee Stadium
    1 E 161st st
    Bronx, NY 10451

Friday, May 20th at 10:00am edt
    tickets will cost $69.23 plus a $4.50 facility fee and a $6.25 service charge for a total of $79.98.

Its worth noting as well as the Yankees do not return to play a home game until the following Friday July 15th, due to the All-Star game break...

I said I'd never step foot into Yankee Stadium. Garth just might make me a liar.

Garth was on SiriusXM this morning with Storme Warren. I missed most of it, but a few things that were mentioned. The Yankee Stadium concert will be filmed. He has been writing for 5 months for the new album. It is behind, because the Christmas album is behind, but still hoping for a summer release.

When concerts come to Fenway Park season ticket holders and Red Sox Nation members are often given access to a presale. The Yankees fan club is called Yankees Universe and it's $20 to join. I have no idea if they offer presales or not, but it might be something to keep an eye on.

Quote Originally Posted by mbarker View Post
    Garth was on SiriusXM this morning with Storme Warren. I missed most of it, but a few things that were mentioned. The Yankee Stadium concert will be filmed. He has been writing for 5 months for the new album. It is behind, because the Christmas album is behind, but still hoping for a summer release.
    I wanted to be in a Garth DVD.

What about Vegas. I can't imagine a once in a lifetime experience as he called it himself where he doesn't film it.

I feel very cheated. Vegas was meant to be the concert of a lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    I wanted to be in a Garth DVD.

What about Vegas. I can't imagine a once in a lifetime experience as he called it himself where he doesn't film it.

I feel very cheated. Vegas was meant to be the concert of a lifetime.
    i have to admit, I'm pretty bummed too. I certainly hope vegas will indeed be new and different from everything else. I'm holding him to his word about that.
    I also thought being 4th of July, that maybe it was some sort of special that would be filmed for something on tv. I dunno. crazy thoughts I guess. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by canadiangirl View Post
    i have to admit, I'm pretty bummed too. I certainly hope vegas will indeed be new and different from everything else. I'm holding him to his word about that.
    I also thought being 4th of July, that maybe it was some sort of special that would be filmed for something on tv. I dunno. crazy thoughts I guess. lol.
    Not crazy at all. He hasn't said anything about vegas, hasn't talked about it either, other than a once in a lifetime experience. That's all we're getting so far. Its annoying he's not saying anything.

Start spreading the news, Garth's coming to town.

Glad its being filmed. Man seems Late June early July is going to be huge for Garth.

A summer release for the new album will be brilliant.

For those going to be Vegas, I think it will be a once in a lifetime thing, I also think it will
    be filmed. I also now think hes going to drop the new album in that time (without a lead off single)

There will be a big media blitz.

Man Vegas and New York in a space of five days.

If ya going, it doesnt get better than this!

Just out of interest, how much does it hold for concerts? Its 50 Thousand for baseball, but how much for concerts? (since people will be on the field) around 80-100k??
    Also i understand Garth Brooks is the first country artist to play there (the old one or the new one)

I don't know the exact number, but due to the stage being on the field all of the outfield seats are usually left empty. So the seats on the field probably do not off set all the closed sections.

Jon Small will be filming it, (he did Garth's other tv specials)

The show will be televised.

A whole new show for Yankee stadium. Different from the tour.

Stage will be in center field.

Trisha will be there.

Garth has broken attendance records in 33 or the 40 cities hes played.

Two of those cities he failed to break his own record.

Garth is half way thru, the American Leg of the tour.

The Yankees organization have been helping with the preparation of the show.

It took Ghost tunes three years to remix Garth's stuff, digitally.

He likes to play where people show up in big numbers.

When George Strait passes, Garth said he will never pick up a guitar again.

Interview with Garth

http://www.nashcountrydaily.com/2016...yth-the-garth/

So Garth said that Yankee stadium is going to be recorded. It'll be historic like central park and croke park. That's what he said about Vegas. I don't see why he can't drop something about Vegas. How did it change from Vegas to Yankee stadium.

Previous concerts at Yankee Stadium includes:

September 14, 2011 Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax Big Four 41,762

July 6 and 7, 2012 Roger Waters The Wall Live 62,188 (total)

September 6 and 8, 2012 Madonna + Avicii The MDNA Tour 79,775 (total)

July 19 and 20, 2013 Justin Timberlake and Jay-Z + DJ Cassidy 89,023 (total)

Judging from those concerts, the capacity should be 40 000 - 45 000, depending on the stage set up etc. As there supposedly were 750 000 people in Central Park in 1997, he should sell out the stadium at least 15 times. :-) I guess there will be 2 or 3 shows, but one may hope for more.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Just out of interest, how much does it hold for concerts?

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Jon Small will be filming it, (he did Garth's other tv specials)

The show will be televised.
    I didn't hear anything about it being televised...filmed yes, but no word so far of it being televised. If you saw that he said that somewhere, I'd be interested in a link.

When George Strait passes, Garth said he will never pick up a guitar again.
    He said he "doesn't know" if he'd ever pick up a guitar again. He didn't say he would never pick one up.

Paula

Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

Opps my bad. Perhaps it was wishful thinking on my part.

I thought I heard that he said it would be televised, he did make reference to Texas, Croke and central, so I presume it will be?

http://www.nashcountrydaily.com/2016...yth-the-garth/

July 8th added?

I was able to get floor seats to Friday's show!!! However I also got 2 seats in section 211 for Saturday. Not sure I'll go to both shows as it's a bit of a commute from Boston. If anyone wasn't lucky enough to get seats and would be interested in my Saturday seats for face value, let me know.

My sister has seen 7/7 pop up on the app, but it's not on the phone or website yet.

I'm still pulling up pairs for Friday night in the 300 level. If a 3rd show is to be added, which I find likely, it may not be today. He may wait for more Friday tickets to sell before putting it onsale. If it's going to be the 7th, as someone just said, I don't think I could make that one anyways. I had hoped there would be a Sunday show, but it appears he might be going backwards from Saturday, and not forwards.

Able to pull up 8 tickets together in the 400 level for Friday. Zero chance another night gets added at this point. If he has plans to also play Thursday, I'm sure there is enough demand to sell a good amount of tickets. But perhaps no more than 30,000, but why not? That's equal to 2 arena shows, and the stage will already be there and set up for Friday & Saturday, but he will wait and try to sell some more Friday tickets before announcing the 3rd and final show. Also, given the 7/7 date, I think it's a no brainer that it will be added.

Is there any chance ticket master could improve the seating chart. I can't read
    Any of numbers. It's a useless low resolution image.
    But I got my tickets and I'm going but no idea where I'm sitting ��

Quote Originally Posted by SirIrish View Post
    Is there any chance ticket master could improve the seating chart. I can't read
    Any of numbers. It's a useless low resolution image.
    But I got my tickets and I'm going but no idea where I'm sitting ��
    I was finally able to figure out the Floor sections layout. Let me know if that's where you are. Otherwise, you could just find a regular baseball map of Yankee Stadium to figure out where your section is.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    I was finally able to figure out the Floor sections layout. Let me know if that's where you are. Otherwise, you could just find a regular baseball map of Yankee Stadium to figure out where your section is.
    Thanks for the reply and offer.
    I was able to find a much clearer map on www.ticketnetwork.com

I have to say that I was disappointed at the price increase for the VIP packages for the NYC concert. I had planned on getting the 2 Muli-platnum package which was showing up for $5000 for the days up till the ticket sales. Then all of a sudden it was $7000. Really??

Got two on second row by the ring for Friday, two in lowers for Saturday. Looking forward to it. My fiancee and I are coming in from Chicago. Will be our sixth city of the current tour and my 30 and 31st shows altogether.

Friday, we are likely going to pre-game and post-show at The Waylon in Hell's Kitchen. It is a great little bar with a country jukebox, my old classmate from Tennessee said they have some G-man on there, and should be a lot of fun. It's about a $5-8 Uber to the B & E train to get to Yankee Stadium.

If anybody wants to meet up, let me know. Should be fun!

Storme Warren just mentioned on SiriusXM The Highway that he hears that Garth will be making a big announcement at his Thursday press conference.

Any thoughts on what it could be? TV details? New album news?

Hopefully not an announcement that there will be another announcement! Ha

+ Reply to Thread