+ Reply to Thread

Thread: *SPOILER ALERT* - Reviews for Columbus Shows

*SPOILER ALERT* - Reviews for Columbus Shows

Post your reviews and experiences from the Columbus shows here.

Paula

Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

was at the 830 saturday show. good crowd good show overall. 11th one for us. we had 7th row floor. no complaints. my mom brought a sign and he saw it and sang for her - the change. he also played that ol wind and a small part of the storm. neither ive heard him sign so i was really happy with that. my sister also caught one of the water bottles he throws during aint goin down. great experience overall. cant wait for #12!

Went to last night's Sunday show... Garth was into it BIG TIME! He stayed out for a REALLY LONG Encore. UNBELIEVABLE!!!! I'll give more details later but here was the encore for those interested. Best of any I had been to!

Encore (not in this order):
    Night Moves
    Amarillo By Morning
    Piano Man
    Rocket Man
    You Move Me
    She's Gonna Make It
    Thicker Than Blood
    Somewhere Other Than The Night
    In Lonesome Dove
    Ireland
    Belleau Wood
    All-American Kid (FULL BAND)
    More Than A Memory (FULL BAND)
    Walkaway Joe (w/Trisha)
    Standing Outside The Fire (FULL BAND)

Quote Originally Posted by ManAgnstMachine View Post
    Went to last night's Sunday show... Garth was into it BIG TIME! He stayed out for a REALLY LONG Encore. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!
    Was there too!!! I agree that the encore was amazing! Severa songs I don't think I'd heard live which was really made me happy!!! Had floor seats and we went up to the stage after the show to take a few up close pics... Noticed a guitar pic laying on the stage JUST outside of my reach but all the stage hands had gone backstage. Nobody around that could hand it to me. The arena crew (not allowed back stage) then told me I had to leave so they could clean up. It was agony to see the pic just out of reach and then had to leave. It was a black Garth pic too.

I was on the floor too in SEC-1, but I bolted to go meet Karyn Rochelle after instead of going to the stage. I'll probably head up to the stage after this sunday's show.

Fantastic show; I thought Cleveland was the loudest I've ever heard and I was wrong. We broke Garth tonight! After a 41 minute encore he dropped his guitar on the stage with a clang. He played full songs in the encore including A Friend to Me, Mom, MTAM, Turn the Page and American Pie.
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

Hey anyone at the 4/23 show that got any pictures/video of the girl that got on stage? It was me and my friends got upgraded to the section next to me so there's are just oh his back side

Quote Originally Posted by Chelsi67 View Post
    Hey anyone at the 4/23 show that got any pictures/video of the girl that got on stage? It was me and my friends got upgraded to the section next to me so there's are just oh his back side
    Wow, that's really cool. Hope someone did get photos so you can remember it. Definitely a once in a lifetime experience.

Here's this video: grab it quick since Garth's people will likely have it taken down soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLZtWrF5xpQ

Thank you so much!

Went to the 4/22 show and had such a great time, went back to the finale on Sunday. I think I'd have to give the edge to the Sunday show. Crowd was just as loud, if not louder than Friday. Encore was better on Sunday.. he played more songs and some really old stuff (Friday we heard a few more 'new' songs that the crowd just didn't know that well... although he did hit Fever and Red Strokes on Friday which was cool)

SUnday 4/24 show:
    - Man against Machine
    - Rodeo
    - ??? (There may have been a song here, I can't remember)
    - Beaches
    - River
    - 2 Pina Coladas
    - Papa Loved Mama
    - Aint Going Down
    - Unanswered Prayers
    - That Summer
    - Thunder Rolls
    - In ANothers Eye
    - American Girl
    - How Do I live
    - ??? Prizefighter? (I think)
    - Purple Rain
    - She's in Love with a Boy
    - Shameless
    - Baton Rouge (crowd reaaallllly into this one)
    - Friends in low places
    - The Dance

Encore, remembered as best as I can:
    - If Tomorrow Never Comes
    - Turn the Page
    - ??? (song here...but can't remember)
    - She's Gonna Make It
    - ??? (song here... can't remember this one either)
    - Mom
    - More Than a Memory
    - A Friend to me
    - Much Too Young to Feel this Damn Old
    - Standing Outside the Fire
    - American Pie

He recognized several other signs in the arena but elected not to play them. One specifically I remember was Anybody but Bill. Told them thanks for the sign but he wasn't going to play that one.

One other note I would mention, just because I see people talk about this from time to time... during Friends in Low Places, Garth walked over to someone down at the end of the stage where they walk on and off and asked them 'how many times'. I'm not sure his mic was supposed to be on at the time, but you could hear them talking.. couldn't really hear the other person that well, but then Garth asked 'nine?' and said 'ok'. Then at the end of the song he held up nine fingers and did that many many hits/jumps. I honestly don't know if it means anything at all, but that's how it played out Sunday.

+ Reply to Thread