+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garth Brooks : The King of Country Documentary

Garth Brooks : The King of Country Documentary

For anyone living in Ireland, there is a new Garth Doc being broadcast on TV3 on Easter Sunday at 9.15pm.

It's called Garth Brooks: The King of Country
    The info: Documentary outlining the story of Garth Brooks, the country music star who consistently broke records throughout the 1990s for sales of his music and concert attendances. I've just emailed TV3 to see if it will be available to view online outside Ireland. I will post an update if I get a reply.

I hope so. It sounds like an awesome show!

Could be what Tanya Tucker was referring to a few months ago.

I'm going to try to record this tonight. I have three different methods to record this. From the satellite box, a hard drive connected to the tv and if its shown online, i can capture videos on my laptop. So I'm hoping I get one of them that will work tonight.

Cool! Would be great to see it!
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

This is starting in the next few minutes, this is the link for the Live Stream of TV3, I'm not sure if it's blocked in some countries but worth a try.

http://www.tv3.ie/3player/live/tv3/

Not available in America
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

That's ok BLL, I've got it recorded if you want it. But it was pure rubbish. It was random information, pictures and videos thrown together from the internet.

Really disappointing documentary. It was also factually wrong at times. There really needs to be a fully authorised documentary with all his music. Unfortunately this wasn't that. I have to put on my Garth in Dublin DVD afterwards to make up for it.

Oh, shame it was no good.
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

For anyone in the US who gets AXS TV, there's a program at 11pm Eastern time tonight called Garth Brooks: The Country King. Not sure if it's the same program or not, but I have DVR'd it, just in case.

Paula

Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

Hi Paula.. I think it's probably the same one. The title of the one broadcast last night in Ireland was actually called Garth Brooks: Country King (the TV channel had the title wrong on its promos)

Quote Originally Posted by djryan View Post
    Hi Paula.. I think it's probably the same one. The title of the one broadcast last night in Ireland was actually called Garth Brooks: Country King (the TV channel had the title wrong on its promos)
    Thanks...guess I'll watch it anyway. Was it the one Tanya Tucker was referring to a while back?

Paula

Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

Tanya Tucker wasn't in it at all. It was basically pictures, viseos and random information thrown together about his lfe and success.

I much preferred the biography book on his life, the garth factor from 2009. There was more insight in the book than this documentary. It was very poorly made.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    For anyone in the US who gets AXS TV, there's a program at 11pm Eastern time tonight called Garth Brooks: The Country King. Not sure if it's the same program or not, but I have DVR'd it, just in case.

Paula
    Its the same one. AXS TV on facebook had a clip from the programme on their page.

+ Reply to Thread