+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: Duration of World Tour

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    80

    Duration of World Tour

    I've watched a couple of different Garth interviews where he speaks about the World Tour, it's really difficult to try and figure out what way it's going to go and the city by city announcements make it difficult to plan. I remember back in 2014 when he spoke about The World Tour, he mentioned that it would take 3 years (he later said that the US leg would take him until 2017) and you would assume that would include Europe, South America and possibly Australia.

    He also said that he would leave the places that he played in recent years to the end of The US Tour (Las Vegas!!) and he has publicly stated that Nashville will be the last stop so I'm beginning to think now that the US leg of the tour might wrap up later this year before heading for somewhere else in the world?

    Then again I could be totally wrong! Anyone else got any predictions/ inside info?!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    1,523
    No predictions or inside info... just a lot of hope. I am hoping he will play various cities across Europe!
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowland_Kid View Post
    No predictions or inside info... just a lot of hope. I am hoping he will play various cities across Europe!
    Would the city by city announcements work in Europe do you think? Would the hype and demand be there?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    695
    Quote Originally Posted by djryan View Post
    Would the city by city announcements work in Europe do you think? Would the hype and demand be there?
    If he plans on playing stadiums in Europe, then the announcements would come much earlier, just like it was with Ireland. Most U.S. artists that play Europe, usually announce in December or January, so I imagine if he is going to play there in Spring-Summer 2017, we won't hear anything further until late this year.

    If he did want to play in South America or Australia, he could hit those places in early 2017 before heading to Europe. Those places are in summer while the U.S. is still in winter.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    763
    He's been hinting at Nashville being the last stop for a while. And he's playing Las Vegas in July.

    Based on that alone, I would be guessing the American leg will be coming to an end later this year or early 2017. And then tour internationally for 2017.

    I can't see him playing stadiums in Europe. I don't think he's big enough for stadiums except for Ireland. Country music isn't big in Europe. So I think he will be be staying with the smaller venues similar to what he's doing now.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    1,523
    Quote Originally Posted by djryan View Post
    Would the city by city announcements work in Europe do you think? Would the hype and demand be there?
    No, I don't think that would work. He would need to announce the whole European part of the tour in one go and well in advance. Country is not big in Europe, however, that is what they said last time he toured Europe... he is a legend and the audience will be there. I just hope he will really do it again.
    Quite a few US country artists are coming to the UK too nowadays. They seem to sell well. In Germany country music is quite popular as well.
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

  7. #7
    It seems to me the North American tour is winding down. He's already getting to Canada.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    If he plans on playing stadiums in Europe, then the announcements would come much earlier, just like it was with Ireland. Most U.S. artists that play Europe, usually announce in December or January, so I imagine if he is going to play there in Spring-Summer 2017, we won't hear anything further until late this year.

    If he did want to play in South America or Australia, he could hit those places in early 2017 before heading to Europe. Those places are in summer while the U.S. is still in winter.
    A flight to New Zealand is only 12 hours, (in fact we are closer to the usa than aussie is, he could come here) we have a lot some smaller indoor arenas that take 15 thousand for concerts, or a cricket stadium that takes 40 thousand.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    80
    Yeah I guess this is a possibility, I was looking at the city stops on his 96-98 World Tour, It started in The USA, moved to Canada, back to The USA and then to Ireland.
    I spoke to a guy here who was involved in the Croke Park Comeback Shows (that didn't happen!) and he is sure that he is heading for Europe later this year and is also sure there will be an Ireland reschedule, I'm not so sure!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    763
    I would like to think Ireland will be a feature on his world tour. Remember, 2014 was meant to be separate to the world tour. It was going to be a one off, nothing to be seen again. And now we know it was different merchandise and gear.

    So I would like to think he will bring his world tour to Ireland. If he does play Ireland, I reckon it will be the smaller stadiums around the country.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    1,523
    I hope that guy is right!!

    Quote Originally Posted by djryan View Post
    I spoke to a guy here who was involved in the Croke Park Comeback Shows (that didn't happen!) and he is sure that he is heading for Europe later this year and is also sure there will be an Ireland reschedule, I'm not so sure!
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

  12. #12
    As much as I would love to see him down here, I hope the very first country he plays after the USA and Canada is Ireland, its only fair that its Ireland I think!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    As much as I would love to see him down here, I hope the very first country he plays after the USA and Canada is Ireland, its only fair that its Ireland I think!
    I agree with you, I think Ireland deserves a Garth Show. I'm just not sure it's going to happen. One thing that has struck me since the Croke Park debacle in 2014 is how Ireland has never really spoke about publicly by Garth. It clearly hurt him badly, if he planned on playing in Ireland again, would he not have said that before now? Personally I'll travel to see him live, the main reason I want him to play Ireland is to put the wrongs of 2014 right not just for the fans here but for him too.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    80

    Interesting

    Garth spoke to a radio station in Ottawa this morning and gave an interesting insight into the World Tour, he mentioned that at the start they followed the last World Tour (96-98) and then regrouped and picked the cities that they had the most fun in. He said that there was less than 60 cities on the tour and that he only finds out the cities 8 weeks before (I don't believe that last bit!)

    So.. Ottawa will be City #38 on The Tour, that means there are about 20 left!
    He did 22 cities in 2015 so that will probably only take us up to the end of 2016.


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    763
    Quote Originally Posted by djryan View Post
    Garth spoke to a radio station in Ottawa this morning and gave an interesting insight into the World Tour, he mentioned that at the start they followed the last World Tour (96-98) and then regrouped and picked the cities that they had the most fun in. He said that there was less than 60 cities on the tour and that he only finds out the cities 8 weeks before (I don't believe that last bit!)

    So.. Ottawa will be City #38 on The Tour, that means there are about 20 left!
    He did 22 cities in 2015 so that will probably only take us up to the end of 2016.

    I've been calculating the time it will take to do 60 cities too.and it brings us into early 2017.

    He did also mention that if he doesn't get to do all the cities, he would come back and finish the American leg. So I would almost bet on a European tour in 2017.

    Also didn't he say before that he saw the tour until the end of 2017? So I don't believe it when he says he finds out 8 weeks in advance.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    I've been calculating the time it will take to do 60 cities too.and it brings us into early 2017.

    He did also mention that if he doesn't get to do all the cities, he would come back and finish the American leg. So I would almost bet on a European tour in 2017.

    Also didn't he say before that he saw the tour until the end of 2017? So I don't believe it when he says he finds out 8 weeks in advance.
    So what he's really saying is there there is 60 cities on the US Leg of the Tour? I can't see any Europe tour being too extensive, Probably limited to major cities.

  17. #17
    I believe the current US tour will last through most of 2017. I still think he will end up doing more than 60 cities when it is all said and done.

    Cities left to play: New York, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, San Antonio, Austin, Indianapolis, Cincinnati/Columbus, Seattle, Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, Cheyenne, Louisville, Albuquerque, Kansas City, Des Moines, Fargo or Bismarck, Providence, Tampa make up, and Nashville.

    Those are my 20 guesses for cities he will still play beyond what has been announced. There are at least 20 more we could speculate about. It's fun to guess.
    "Just keep taking chances and having fun."

  18. #18
    I think Los Angeles and Nashville will be at the tail end of the US dates. I've always wondered if he will do New York for a 20th anniversary for Central Park.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Just south of nowhere
    Posts
    1,625
    Last tour he did Orlando then Tampa, so Orlando might be on the list again.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    763
    I've heard rumours from someone who works at sporting events and concerts that he'll be in Europe in 2017. Whether that includes Ireland or not, I don't know.

    So i think he is preparing the fans now by saying Nashville is the last stop. Also vegas was also meant to be one of the last too and that is in July. So, I do think its coming to an end but it won't be until 2017. He has also said that he would return to the US after touring Europe. So it won't be the end if he doesn't get around to play all cities.

  21. #21
    Somebody on this board said that Dave Gant and the band were signed through 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by GarthdaMan View Post
    Cities left to play: New York, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, San Antonio, Austin, Indianapolis, Cincinnati/Columbus, Seattle, Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, Cheyenne, Louisville, Albuquerque, Kansas City, Des Moines, Fargo or Bismarck, Providence, Tampa make up, and Nashville.

    Those are my 20 guesses for cities he will still play beyond what has been announced. There are at least 20 more we could speculate about. It's fun to guess.
    Theres one more thats been confirmed for May that has not been announced and NOT on this list ;-)

  22. #22
    Is he still on track to hit the ten million ticket for the tour??? Or has it slowed down. Seems really strange that he might be done with the USA leg this year, time flies.

    So 20 american cities left?

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan49321 View Post
    Somebody on this board said that Dave Gant and the band were signed through 2019



    Theres one more thats been confirmed for May that has not been announced and NOT on this list ;-)
    what city is that for May???

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts