+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Ten years and they're going strong

  1. #1

    Ten years and they're going strong

    So I just found out that tomorrow will be G&T's ten year anniversary which says to me: All of us are getting old and the both of them are aging their love story like fine wine.

    Also, a lot of us had obviously seen pictures whether on the Red Carpet or behind the scenes and have heard their stories of what goes on behind the scenes (that fire extinguishing incident story is still pretty hilarious) and I've read somewhere that they're still acting like newlyweds and it only seemed yesterday where that was the case.

    I also tend to think that they've been able to love each other without all their past restraints from the 90's.

    Don't know what you guys think but if nothing else let's wish them a Happy Anniversary whether today or tomorrow.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    1,529
    Of course I wish them a Happy Anniversary.

    Apart from that I am a bit of a sceptic when it comes to marriages of famous people. Very often they play the happy couple, but they are not or no longer. So I will never say that they have the perfect relationship (I think that doesn't even exist), or that they obviously love each other so much. Because you can never see inside their relationship. This goes for relationships of non-famous people as well, of course!

    However, I really hope and wish for them that their relationship is as great as the bit of it that they show to us.
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowland_Kid View Post
    Of course I wish them a Happy Anniversary.

    Apart from that I am a bit of a sceptic when it comes to marriages of famous people. Very often they play the happy couple, but they are not or no longer. So I will never say that they have the perfect relationship (I think that doesn't even exist), or that they obviously love each other so much. Because you can never see inside their relationship. This goes for relationships of non-famous people as well, of course!

    However, I really hope and wish for them that their relationship is as great as the bit of it that they show to us.
    And yet some of us tend to look at {some other PG'er} as a cynic
    Last edited by Garthmedic; 12-09-2015 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Name removed to keep things from becoming personal

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    So I just found out that tomorrow will be G&T's ten year anniversary which says to me: All of us are getting old and the both of them are aging their love story like fine wine.

    Also, a lot of us had obviously seen pictures whether on the Red Carpet or behind the scenes and have heard their stories of what goes on behind the scenes (that fire extinguishing incident story is still pretty hilarious) and I've read somewhere that they're still acting like newlyweds and it only seemed yesterday where that was the case.

    I also tend to think that they've been able to love each other without all their past restraints from the 90's.

    Don't know what you guys think but if nothing else let's wish them a Happy Anniversary whether today or tomorrow.
    I had been thinking, "Didn't Garth and Trisha get married around this time of year in 2005? Surprised no one else has mentioned it."

    Haven't heard the 'fire extinguishing' story (assuming it's not the grass fires from 2000 or so - and that one didn't involve Trisha).


    I also tend to think that they've been able to love each other without all their past restraints from the 90's.


    Well, in the 90s they were both married to other people...I know we try not to be "tabloid-y" here, but Garth has more or less said he was in love with Trisha much of that time. He actually told Ellen that meeting Trisha for the first time was like "when you just meet your wife." Is that what you refer to?

    People kind of spoke of them as a "duo" all throughout the 90s - they didn't even cut a real duet until 1997 - and I am sure that was annoying, especially to Trisha, but the fact that they are this "power couple" as singers means that a joint tour is successful. And so they're touring together, whereas in the past they were each touring and the other spouse was either at home or on a different tour.
    Last edited by AHBAMember; 12-09-2015 at 07:26 PM.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by AHBAMember View Post

    Haven't heard the 'fire extinguishing' story (assuming it's not the grass fires from 2000 or so - and that one didn't involve Trisha).
    To clarify that story was featured on "Blame it All on My Roots" it was when Garth and Trisha woke up to their room being accidentally flooded by the fire sprinkler system going off while dealing with Garth doing his finals and doing some errands for his children, actually happened a day before his first show at The Wynn in Vegas.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    To clarify that story was featured on "Blame it All on My Roots" it was when Garth and Trisha woke up to their room being accidentally flooded by the fire sprinkler system going off while dealing with Garth doing his finals and doing some errands for his children, actually happened a day before his first show at The Wynn in Vegas.
    Which opens the door for a joke about Garth and Trisha needing to be hosed down.

    "Finals"?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    1,529
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    And yet some of us tend to look at {some other PG'er} as a cynic
    I have no problem with that.

    Like I said. I hope and I wish for them that all is great in their relationship.
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts