+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Baltimore in late January

Baltimore in late January

New date is Baltimore

From what I'm hearing on his twitter, he never played in Baltimore before, anyone else notice that? Should be an interesting stop.

Yeah I was surprised too by that! He'll bring the house down several times for sure then. A lot of first-timers will want to see him.

This is my show.... I can't wait.

Best tips for getting tickets? I hear using the app sometimes has better results than using a laptop.

So does this mean no DC show do we think?

If you can use it the 800 number is the best bet, other than that I'd suggest having every option up and running. Website, app, and phone all at once. It doesn't hurt to have backups in case one goes down. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by gbgirl79 View Post
    So does this mean no DC show do we think?
    Yeah, I think this is considered the DC show. It's not ideal since I live in Northern Virginia, but it's close enough that I'm not missing it. If he plays DC later on, bonus. I'll go to that too.

Register now and keep that info handy. Like they said, have every source ready if you can, laptop smartphone and a tablet, and a seating chart open to see where seats are for sure!

I am so excited! Going to try to get tix to as many shows as he will give in Baltimore! 6 hours till they go on sale. Please let him do 5 or 6 shows! (Going to fly in from Switzerland.)
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

I did the Saturday at 7pm show..I see they added a 10:30 Saturday show which I hope does not cut short the 7pm show...but I'm just too old to go to a 10:30 concert these days LOL.

Section 2, Row O, Seat 10. Used Ticketmaster Express. I had 2 laptops and a desktop open and they were slow and messed up a bunch of times...the phone was easy. I called at 10 and it did not register the show until 10:01. It gave me that seat on the first option.

I was using the app, my pc, and the phone. The tickets for the 23rd came up on Ticketmaster Express at least 10 minutes prior to showing up online. Got 3 tickets in Section 2, Row J (about 10th row?) It's my birthday present from my sister. Saw him last year in State College (both 7 and 10:30 shows). I'm really looking forward to this single show night. Saturday night and no second show? Should be awesome! I'll have to bring a sign or something. I would love to hear Red Strokes or When you Come back to me again live.

I tried on the pc, as did my 2 friends and one of them was on 2 other devices. PC didn't work at all... I was kept waiting for ages and without luck.Then I tried calling and got through, but apparently my American English sucks, because the automated system didn't understand me! We were lucky, because one of my friend got really good seats for us to the show on Jan 29 and to the late show on Jan 30. We are still looking for tix for the early show on Jan 30.

Such a shame that Garth split the shows over 2 weekends! I was so hoping he'd add a late show on Friday and maybe another one on Sunday and/or Thursday, as he did in Pittsburgh. I can't be there during the first weekend in Baltimore. But at the same time I am EXTREMELY happy that we have good seats for 2 of the 3 shows already! I am sure we'll find something for the 3rd show too.

Can't wait!!!!

Its a pain with those two weekends in a row, especially for those that has to travel far. You just want to see him as much as you can while you're there.

But I'm so happy that you got tickets and you're seeing him again, Lowland_Kid. You're so lucky.

I got great tickets to the Friday 1/29 7:00 show, and the Saturday 1/30 10:30 show. Very pleased!

Nearly 23 years of waiting!! So excited!

Thanks Fever! I am beyond excited!!

That is great, Emerald Isle!! We'll be at the same shows!

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    I got great tickets to the Friday 1/29 7:00 show, and the Saturday 1/30 10:30 show. Very pleased!

Nearly 23 years of waiting!! So excited!
    I may have a single ticket for the late show on Sat, Jan 30. Section 112, Row L.

It's a physical paper ticket, and I'd just be asking face value, $75.

Anyone interested? PM me...

Guys, I'll be there too!!! My awesome brother and his amazing fiancée managed to grab me a couple of tickets to the 1/29 show, since I was of course at work when the tickets went on sale!! Fifteen long years of waiting, and this is FINALLY HAPPENING!!! I'll be in section 215!
    Eagle Scout

"I could have missed the pain, but I'd of had to miss THE DANCE"

Awesome!! Only 1 month from now! YAY!!!

YES! It is January!!! Almost time for Garth in Baltimore!! WOOOHOOOO!!!

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Looks like Garths website is announcing shows on Jan 22 and 23 have been postponed
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Yes, that just happened. I hope my East Coast friends and fellow fans will stay warm and safe.

I'm glad the shows got rescheduled rather than cancelled. But the situation kinda bums me out a bit too. I have tickets to the Friday 1/29 show and late Saturday 1/30 show. I was super excited for the late show on Saturday because it was going to be the last show in Baltimore, and I wanted to see the cannons go off. He also usually lays it all out on the last show since he doesn't have to save his voice. But now not only will it not be the last show, but it'll be his 2nd of 4 shows in 24 hours, so I'm almost positive he'll cut it short to save his voice and stamina.

Sigh. These shows will be my first time seeing him since 1993 (when I was only 16 and not a huge fan yet). So really, this will be my first time really seeing him. I'm glad I get to go to 2 shows, but my perfect planning to see the last show has now been dashed a bit.

Sigh. Whatever. Ce la vie.

According to Garth's Facebook page and ticketmaster, he just added a bunch of more shows for this week's run:

Sunday 1/24 3:00
    Sunday 1:24 7:30
    Tuesday 1/26 7:30
    Wednesday 1/27 7:30
    Thursday 1/28 7:30
    Friday 1/29 10:30

These in addition to the already announced shows on Friday 1/29 at 7:00, Sat 1/30 at 7:00, Sat 1/30 at 10:30, and the two rescheduled shows from 1/22 and 1/23 on Sun 1/30 at 3:00 and 7:00.

Has he ever announced so many new shows just days before they are supposed to happen? If you go to ticketmaster, the new shows are there, but it says tickets are not on sale yet.

Anyone have any idea what is going on?
    Last edited by Emerald Isle; 01-22-2016 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    According to Garth's Facebook page and ticketmaster, he just added a bunch of more shows for this week's run:

Sunday 1/24 3:00
    Sunday 1:24 7:30
    Tuesday 1/26 7:30
    Wednesday 1/27 7:30
    Thursday 1/28 7:30
    Friday 1/29 10:30

These in addition to the already announced shows on Friday 1/29 at 7:00, Sat 1/30 at 7:00, Sat 1/30 at 10:30, and the two rescheduled shows from 1/22 and 1/23 on Sun 1/30 at 3:00 and 7:00.

Has he ever announced so many new shows just days before they are supposed to happen? If you go to ticketmaster, the new shows are there, but it says tickets are not on sale yet.

Anyone have any idea what is going on?
    I'm sure Ticketmaster is confused and will fix this. There are only the five shows.

Paula

Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    I'm sure Ticketmaster is confused and will fix this. There are only the five shows.

Paula
    Except that Garth's Facebook page added all the extra events just tonight, like a couple hours ago. So perhaps Garth's Facebook administrator is confused as well.

Yes, he must be confused as well. Since there are really only 5 shows.

Now I am confused, but that is not had to do

Quote Originally Posted by Garthmedic View Post
    Now I am confused, but that is not had to do
    *whistles*

+ Reply to Thread